8th November 2021, 02:54 AM
Jyotirmayee Panigrahi

Am I eligible to do PhD in Forensic Science?

I have just completed my M.sc. in Bioscience & Bioinformatics and have a Bachelor's degree in Biotechnology. Am I eligible to do PhD in Forensic Science? Please let me know.

9th November 2021, 06:53 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Forensic Science?

Eligibility to do PhD in Forensic Science:-

The candidates who wish to study PhD Forensic Science must hold a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline. The eligibility criteria may vary according to the rules and regulations of the university.
Course Duration: Minimum 2 year, can be stretched up to 5 years (depends on the length of the research).
9th November 2021, 09:13 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for PhD in forensic science:-

> A candidate must complete his master in forensic science or any other relevant discipline.

> The candidate must clear the cutoff for the admission test. The cut off is determined each year by the conducting University.

> The student must also perform well at the personal interview which may be conducted after the entrance test.
10th November 2021, 03:23 PM
periwinkle09876

The candidate who wish to study PhD forensic science must hold a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
The eligibility criteria may vary according to the rules and regulations of the university.

Duration will be of two years and can be stretched up to 5 years depends upon the length of the research.

As per my knowledge, you are eligible to pursue PhD in forensic science after MSc in bioscience and bioinformatics.
13th November 2021, 11:52 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Yes, ofcourse , candidates who have completed masters degree in Science with aggregate 50%marks are eligible to do PhD in Forensic Science. And also you have to appear in the entrance exam called GATE UGC- NET etc...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?