13th September 2017, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE exam with 64.54 percent in BE second year?

Am I eligible for GATE exam with 64.54 percent in BE second year? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which are followed? What should be the procedure followed to apply for the exam? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for GATE exam with 58.9% in 12th but good marks in graduation?
  2. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?
  3. Am I eligible to get government job based on the GATE score and aggregate is below 60 percent? -- [New]
  4. Procedure to do M.Tech from IIT?
  5. Am I eligible to get a job in any company having 80 percent in SSLC, 58 percent in PU and 55 percent in graduation?
  6. Am I eligible for TCS campus placement if I have more than 60 percent marks in 10th, 12th and till B.E third year?
  7. Am I eligible for M.Tech Biotech after scoring 6.67 percentile with a score of 2 in GATE?
  8. If I passed GATE in PRE FINAL year than what to do -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Final year student can appear in GATE 2015?
  10. Will I get a job after completing B.E in Computer Science? I have an aggregate of 61.5%
  11. Can I get Job in BHEL after scoring 79% of marks in Engineering?
  12. Am I eligible to get a good job in MNCs if I have scored 47 percent in 10th, 42 percent in 12th and 64 percent in BCA?
  13. Am I eligible to appear for GATE Exam being a candidate from final year of B.Sc in Agriculture? Can I get admission for M.Sc course through this Exam?
  14. Fee structure of MBA retail management?
  15. Am I eligible for D.Ed after completion of B.Sc with 48 percent and 12th with 50 percent?
  16. What is the syllabus of GATE exam? Am I eligible for it being in 3rd year of ETC engineering? How many times can I write GATE exam?
  17. Does 12th and B.Tech percentage matter for admission into GATE?
  18. Am I eligible to get campus placement with 56 percent in 10th and 54 percent in 12th but 65 percent in B.Tech EEE?
14th September 2017, 03:09 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE exam with 64.54 percent in BE second year?

The full form of GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Eligibility criteria for GATE exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology or master's degree in science to apply for this exam.

2. Second year B.Tech candidates are not eligible for this exam.

You can apply for this exam in final year of engineering. Although there is no percentage threshold still, you should maintain good percentage of marks.
14th September 2017, 06:15 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering:

Examination conducting body: IITs or IISC.

Academic qualification: B.Tech/B.E completed or in final year of bachelor's degree of it.

You can not apply for this exam pursuing second year of B.Tech.

Online applications are done at official website of examination conducting authority.
14th September 2017, 07:41 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. To be eligible to appear in GATE examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in Science/ Engineering/ Technology from a Government recognised university. So, if you have completed your Bachelor's degree course from a Government recognised university, you are eligible to appear in GATE examination.
14th September 2017, 08:38 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

GATE refers to Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and same is an entrance examination held by IITs following a rotation policy for offering admission in M.Tech degree and PSUs jobs.

The minimum qualification required for appearing in the same examination is a Bachelor of Technology/Bachelor of Engineering degree from a recognized university. Students having equivalent degree or pursuing final year of their degree courses are also eligible.

So being 2nd year student of Bachelor of Engineering degree you are not eligible for appearing in GATE as for the same you need to be at least a final year student.

For more details about GATE you can refer to the official link of GATE 2018 i.e; www.iitg.ac.in .
14th September 2017, 10:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. GATE is conducted by IIT or IISC every year for Master's degree in Technology course. The minimum academic qualification required for GATE exam is bachelor's degree in technology or engineering from a recognized institute.

No, second year Bachelor of Technology candidates are not eligible for GATE examination. You will be eligible only in final year of bachelor of technology. Every year different IIT or IISC conduct this exam. You can apply online at official website.
14th September 2017, 11:23 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test and it is basically an admission test held once every year for offering admission in M.Tech ( Master of Technology ) degree course at IITs, NITs and other government and private technical institutes. GATE score are even valid for PSU jobs.

Further the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in the same examination is a bachelor of technology/engineering degree from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree or holding any equivalent degree are also eligible for appearing in the same examination.

So having just completed second year of your B.E. ( Bachelor of Engineering ) degree course you are not eligible for appearing in GATE at present but once you get into the final year of your B.E. degree you can apply for GATE.

For more details associated to GATE you can refer to the notification released for GATE 2018 by referring to the link www.gate.iitg.ac.in .
14th September 2017, 11:30 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in GATE examination now. GATE examination is conducted every year for admission in M.Tech courses in IITs, NITs etc.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed B.Tech/B.E/M.Sc/MCA/B.Arch course etc.

There is no age limit and minimum required aggregate to appear in examination.

So, now you are not eligible to appear in examination. Candidates appearing in final year examination ( 8th semester ) can appear in examination.
14th September 2017, 11:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, candidates pursuing in 2nd year of Bachelor in Engineering course are not eligible to appear for GATE examination.

GATE examination conducted every year by IIT or IISc. The examination is conducted online.

The required eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed B.Tech,B.E, B.Arch, MCA, M.Sc courses.

Final year candidates can also appear in examination. So, if you want to appear in examination in future you must start preparation for examination. There is no minimum required aggregate to appear in examination.
15th September 2017, 03:54 AM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible for GATE exam with 64.54 percent in BE second year? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which are followed? What should be the procedure followed to apply for the exam? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thank you!
No, at present you are not eligible to apply for GATE exam being a second year B.E candidate. You have to wait till you are in the final year of B.E to become eligible for the exam. The final year candidates or candidates awaiting result are eligible to apply for GATE.

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
The exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Science and the Indian Institute of Technology(all 7 IITs). The GATE rank is necessary for admission in M.Tech/M.E/Ph.D in any reputed university.
The eligibility criteria for GATE are-

>>Candidates should have a B.Tech/B.E/B.Arch degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>>Candidates who have a post-graduation degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Application are also eligible to apply.

>> Final year candidates are also eligible to apply.

>>There is no minimum marks requirement or age criteria.

Application Procedure:-

<>Candidates need to apply through the official website http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/

<>Create a login Id and password. Then fill in the details carefully in the application form.

<>Upload the photograph, signature, identity proof and marksheets.

<>Pay the application fees. The application fees can only be paid online.
  • For female candidates- Rs.750
  • For SC/ST candidates- Rs.750
  • For all other candidates- Rs.1500

The application forms are released in the month of September and exams are held in February every year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?