26th May 2019, 08:51 PM

Am I eligible to get direct 2nd year admission in either B.E or B.Tech after completing Diploma Civil Engineering?

I have completed my 3 years full time Diploma course in Civil Engineering. Now, am I eligible to apply for lateral entry admission in either B.E or B.Tech? Further, which branch should I opt in B.Tech or BE? Which will be a better branch apart from Civil?

29th May 2019, 08:42 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get direct 2nd year admission in either B.E or B.Tech after completing Diploma Civil Engineering?

You need to apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test for admission in second year of Bachelor of Technology course.

Candidates should pursue B.Tech in same discipline of diploma as it is more beneficial for them. Minimum of 60% marks in diploma required to apply for LEET exam.
30th May 2019, 06:14 AM
LegendKiller99

Default Re: Am I eligible to get direct 2nd year admission in either B.E or B.Tech after completing Diploma Civil Engineering?

Yes after completing your 3 years full time diploma you will be eligible to apply for lateral entry admission to direct 2nd year of B.Tech course.

Civil Branch has a lot of scope not only in India but also in foreign countries. Its very good that you opted for civil engineering in your diploma. So i would sugget you to continue your B.Tech with civil branch only.

There will be two benefits to you in doing that. One is that as i told career opportunities are very good in civil branch and second is that you will get ease with civil engineering in B.Tech as you have studied it in your diploma.
30th May 2019, 06:17 PM
Shrutk

Smile Re: Am I eligible to get direct 2nd year admission in either B.E or B.Tech after completing Diploma Civil Engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to take admission in B.E. or B. Tech.

For lateral entry admission you have clear LEET (Lateral Entry Entrance Test) exam for getting admission to directly to second year of engineering.

As said, you have completed Diploma course in Civil Engineering; now you have these following options for Degree course:
  • Civil Engineering
  • Civil and Water Management Engineering
  • Environmental Engineering
  • Environmental Science and Technology
  • Civil Engineering(Construction Technology)
  • Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering
  • Ceramics and Cement Technology
  • Geo Informatics
  • Civil and Transportation Engineering
  • Civil Infrastructural Engineering

See all the branches are very good, but it's totally up to what are your interests.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?