12th October 2012, 12:56 PM
sathyashreeG

Am I eligible to give IBPS Exam being a candidate with a date of birth 23-09-1983 and with an age of 29 years?

Hi sir I am 29yrs old. My date of birth is 23/9/1983. Can I apply or
Eligible for take this IBPS exam. Plz hlp me

12th October 2012, 06:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give IBPS Exam being a candidate with a date of birth 23-09-1983 and with an age of 29 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyashreeG View Post

Your date of birth is 23/9/1983 means your age now 29+.now i have discussed about your eligibility .

IBPS- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. It conduct the bank exam every year for PO and CLERK for 19 public sector of bank.

Those candidate have completed 10th standard with above 60% OR 12th standard with 50% OR completed Graduation degree are applicable for IBPS clerical Exam.

Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years old.

If you are from reserved category then you are applicable for IBPS Clerk Exam otherwise not.but you must fulfill the academic qualification .

Those candidate have completed graduation degree then you are applicable for IBPS PO Exam.Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.

So definitely you are eligible for IBPS PO Exam.If you have graduation degree from recognized university.

For more information about IBPS exam , You can visit to www.ibps.in

12th October 2012, 07:03 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give IBPS Exam being a candidate with a date of birth 23-09-1983 and with an age of 29 years?

For the questions related to age limit, it is important that you mention your category (General, SC/ST, OBC) since the age requirement is different for each category.

IBPS or the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts two exams on the behalf of 19 Public Sector Undertakings. These exams are IBPS Clerical and IBPS Bank PO. The list of banks participating for these exams are:

Allahabad Bank

Andhra Bank

Bank of Baroda

Bank of Maharashtra

Bank of India

Central Bank of India

Canara Bank

Dena Bank

Corporation Bank

Indian Overseas Bank

Indian Bank

Punjab National Bank

Oriental Bank of Commerce

Syndicate Bank

Punjab & Sind Bank

United Bank of India

Union Bank of India

Vijaya Bank

UCO Bank

Now to answer your question in short. If you belong to General category then you can only appear for Bank PO Exam, however if you belong to SC/ST or OBC, then you are still eligible to appear for both IBPS Clerk and IBPS Bank PO exam. The choice would be yours.

IBPS Clerk Eligibility

1. Candidate from General category must have passed 10th with 60 percent marks. While SC/ST/OBC only need to pass the 10th Class.

2. General candidates with 50 percent marks in 12th can also apply. Similarly SC/ST/OBC candidates who have completed 12th are also eligible.

3. A graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

4. The age limit for IBPS Clerk is 18 to 28 years.

5. The age limit is relaxed by 3 years for OBC.

6. Age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST.

IBPS Bank PO Eligibility

1. A graduation degree in any stream.

2. The age limit is 20 to 30 years.

3. For OBC - 20 to 33 years.

4. For SC/ST - 20 to 35 years.
12th October 2012, 07:15 PM
Sumit06101987

IBPS has changed the eligibility criteria for clerk exam 2012

Eligibility for IBPS clerk exam 2012

A graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university

Age should be between 18-28 years

eligibility for PO exams

Educational qualification :
You must complete your graduation with 60% of marks from any recognized university.

Age Criteria :
Your age should in between 21-30 years.The upper age limit will be applicable for ST/SC/OBC candidates.i.e 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for ST/SC candidates.

Others :
You must have the good communication skills.
You must speak the English fluently.And you have the grip on any 3 languages.Including English
12th October 2012, 07:16 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

IBPS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
1.Academic qualification :
For PO you must be a graduate
For CLERK you must complete 12th standard exam
2.Age limitation :
For PO your age must be with89in 21 to 30 years
For CLERK your age must be within 18 to 28 years
3.Backlog criteria :
Both do not allow active backlogs
You will have to clear your backlogs before appearing in the exam.
I think you have all these criteria
For more,
www.ibps.in
12th October 2012, 07:54 PM
bhaskar51

Quote:

you category is not mentioned here..so i am send to you ibps information in details

IBPS or the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts two exams on the behalf of 19 Public Sector Undertakings. These exams are IBPS Clerical and IBPS Bank PO. The list of banks participating for these exams are:

Allahabad Bank

Andhra Bank

Bank of Baroda

Bank of Maharashtra

Bank of India

Central Bank of India

Canara Bank

Dena Bank

Corporation Bank

Indian Overseas Bank

Indian Bank

Punjab National Bank

Syndicate Bank

Punjab & Sind Bank

United Bank of India

Union Bank of India

Vijaya Bank

UCO Bank

. If you belong to General category then you can only appear for Bank PO Exam, however if you belong to SC/ST or OBC, then you are still eligible to appear for both IBPS Clerk and IBPS Bank PO exam. The choice would be yours.

IBPS Clerk Eligibility

1. Candidate from General category must have passed 10th with 60 percent marks. While SC/ST/OBC only need to pass the 10th Class.

2. General candidates with 50 percent marks in 12th can also apply. Similarly SC/ST/OBC candidates who have completed 12th are also eligible.

3. A graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

4. The age limit for IBPS Clerk is 18 to 28 years.

5. The age limit is relaxed by 3 years for OBC.

6. Age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST.

IBPS Bank PO Eligibility

1. A graduation degree in any stream.

2. The age limit is 20 to 30 years.

3. For OBC - 20 to 33 years.

4. For SC/ST - 20 to 35 years.
12th October 2012, 08:23 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

IBPS Stands for the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection

Dear Friend,

If you are General category student then sorry, to say that you are not eligible for IBPS exam. Because according to the Age Limit criteria is 28 years for IBPS general category........

But, if you are in the reserved category like OBC OR Sc/ST then you are eligible for Applying IBPS exam.........

IBPS conducted in two post:
  1. IBPS Clerk
  2. IBPS PO

Eligibility for IBPS Clerk:

• A candidate must have completed their 10th or 12th with minimum 60% from recognized board.
  • Age limit should be Not exist 28 years there is a relaxation available for OBC and SC/ST category students.....

Eligibility for IBPS PO:

• A candidate must have completed their Bechelor Degree with atleast 55% from recognise universities.
  • Age limit should be between 21 - 30 years there is a relaxation available for OBC and SC/ST category students....

Here is the list for the bank that participate in IBPS exam:

• Allahabad Bank
  • Andhra Bank
  • Bank of Baroda
  • Bank of Maharashtra
  • Bank of India
  • Central Bank of India
  • Canara Bank
  • Dena Bank
  • Corporation Bank
  • Indian Overseas Bank
  • Indian Bank
  • Punjab National Bank
  • Oriental Bank of Commerce
  • Syndicate Bank
  • Punjab & Sind Bank
  • United Bank of India
  • Union Bank of India
  • Vijaya Bank
  • UCO Bank

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
13th October 2012, 02:37 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to give IBPS Exam being a candidate with a date of birth 23-09-1983 and with an age of 29 years?

IBPS exam is conduct for BANK PO Post for 17 private banks .

Only those candidate have completed graduation degree are eligible for BANK PO exam.There are no percentage criteria for IBPS PO exam.

Also all candidate age must be in between 21 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

Yes , You are applicable for IBPS PO exam.Because you have already completed of your graduation degree .B-Tech and BE degree holder candidate are applicable for IBPS PO Exam.

Selection process for IBPS exam-
1) Written Test
2)Personal Interview

Pattern for IBPS PO Exam=>
=> Reasoning
=> English Language
=> Computer Knowledge
=> General Awareness
=> Quantitative Aptitude
=> Computer Knowledge

There is a papers of Descriptive type Question papers .So you should prepare on it .

For more details about IBPS PO exam , You can visit to http://www.ibps.
14th October 2012, 09:07 PM
ajit1979

Hello,

The educational qualification for IBPS clerk and PO post is graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized university.

The age limit for clerk : 18 to 28 years(age relaxation for OBC 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST).

The age limit for PO is : 20 to 30 years (age relaxation for OBC 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST).

All the best.

Thanks
24th November 2012, 02:53 PM
Viraj0013

Dear friends

IBPS exam is conduct for BANK PO Post for 17 private banks .

Only those candidate have completed graduation degree are eligible for BANK PO exam.There are no percentage criteria for IBPS PO exam.

Also all candidate age must be in between 21 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

Yes , You are applicable for IBPS PO exam.Because you have already completed of your graduation degree .B-Tech and BE degree holder candidate are applicable for IBPS PO Exam.

IBPS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

1.Academic qualification :
For PO you must be a graduate
For CLERK you must complete 12th standard exam
2.Age limitation :
For PO your age must be with89in 21 to 30 years
For CLERK your age must be within 18 to 28 years
3.Backlog criteria :
Both do not allow active backlogs
You will have to clear your backlogs before appearing in the exam.

Here is the list for the bank that participate in IBPS exam:

Allahabad Bank
Andhra Bank
Bank of Baroda
Bank of Maharashtra
Bank of India
Central Bank of India
Canara Bank
Dena Bank
Corporation Bank
Indian Overseas Bank
Indian Bank
Punjab National Bank
Syndicate Bank
Punjab & Sind Bank
United Bank of India
Union Bank of India
Vijaya Bank
UCO Bank
29th March 2013, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for ibps clerks DEC 2013 ...as i will be at the age of 28 years 1 month by that time....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?