4th November 2010, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Am I Eligible for IAS Exam?

I'm studying b.b(electrical and electronic) as a 3rd year student .during 2nd year i got year back whether I'm eligible to take IAS exam????????

6th November 2010, 10:15 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I Eligible for IAS Exam?

hi friend

IAS exam requires a complete graduation degree at the time of exam. But frankly speaking , IAS has a long procedure to be accomplished . Like if you apply it in your final year, then at the time of applying you dont need to produce your proof of all-pass certificate of engineering. You may sit in that in any condition, back has no concern for this.

Since you have back in 2nd year, you would clear it till your final year. And at that time you need not to worry about. In case you even clear you prelim exam going to be held in the month of May(applying in final year), then main exam will likely to be held after 3 months and till the time of interview you would have more than 7-8 months to clear you back, just after your btech 8th semester exam.
So take the exam by free mind.
6th November 2010, 10:37 PM
chandana Reddy

hi..
to appear for IAS exam you must have done your graduation..it is a long term process....but clear your backlogs before taking up the exam..your preliminary exams wil be in the month of may and mains will be in the month of october...by the time you get the prelims results ,you would have made another attempt for the prelims....i.e it takes a long time to announce the results ..you do not have to worry at all...take up the exam with peace of mind...success will follow your path..

good luck
7th November 2010, 10:20 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

hiiiiiiii yes it is true IAS is a long process and you can apply for it but if clear written and go for interview so just make sure you had clear all the subject but for applying it is not necessary.........so go for it....... ALL THE BEST........
18th December 2010, 08:25 AM
SUMAN BHARADWAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm studying b.b(electrical and electronic) as a 3rd year student .during 2nd year i got year back whether I'm eligible to take IAS exam????????
yes,when you complete your B.TECH. and if your age is between 21 yrs- 30 yrs,you can apply for it.But before thinking about IAS concentrate on your B.Tech. & do well from now.To complete IAS your base must be strong and this is your base so work hard success will surely touch your feet.
3rd January 2011, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

i m in B.a 2 year.and next year i will in 3rd year can i give IAS exam. neha singh
7th January 2011, 11:54 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friends,

In the 3rd year you are not eligible for the IAS exam,

but when you will be in final year you will be eligible for the ias exams.

and there is no any matter whether you have backlog in 2nd year or in 3rd year.

but at the time of the interview you must show you complete degree.

which should be clear.so be relax and if you are interested then start your preparation from

the right now.
10th January 2011, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

im 25 years old now & i m doind bca ist year.. i left my degree(B,tch) due to some prblm,,, i hav long gap after 12th... so am i eligible for is after degree or not?? pls tell
31st January 2011, 01:03 PM
mychandru024

You will be eligible to take up IAS only after you completing your B.E.
11th February 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

The complete ias process takes how much time?
20th February 2011, 11:01 PM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

HI friend,
IAS exam requires a complete graduation degree at the time of exam.It is a very long term process.Your preliminary exam will be in the month of may and mains exam will be in the month of october.
SO take the exam by relax and free mind.

ALL THE BEST...............
21st February 2011, 12:59 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: Am I Eligible for IAS Exam?

IAS Eligibility (In Brief....)
Quote:
Questt:- I'm studying b.b(electrical and electronic) as a 3rd year student .during 2nd year i got year back whether I'm eligible to take IAS exam????????
  • Introduction
    • IAS i.e Indian Administrative Service One of the well defined reputed post conducted by upsc under CSAT Exam. i.e Civil Service Exam.
    • Means To Become IAS Officer you need to crack CSAT exam .
  • Eligibility:-

• Educational qualification:-
    • You need to be graduate Or degree in your hand at the time of your Joining.
    • Final year students can apply for this. But as of your scene You can't write now because you are in 3rd year.
    • you are EligibleWhatever the backlogs you got in your Engineering life time, It should be clear before applying for joining IAS.
    • Complete your Engineering within normal 4 years Or 5 OR 6 Years But you should be all clear.
    • Age limits:-And yes you should be prescribed age limits i.e 21 to 30 years of age.
    • Attempts:-Yes there are Limitations for attempting IAS exam. It is 4 times for General Category , 7 for OBC and any times for SC/ST within 21 to 30 years of Age.
For SC /ST there is relaxation on age limits i.e it has extended to 35 years of age for SC/ST.
21st February 2011, 01:10 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

hi,
There is no matter that you have back at this time your graduation ghould be completed at the time of exam.
IAS is a reputed post to become a IAS you require graduation degree with min.60% and age 21-30 year.
BEST OF LUCK
21st February 2011, 01:29 AM
mayank shekhar singh

[QUOTE=Unregistered;234039]I'm studying b.b(electrical and electronic) as a 3rd year student .during 2nd year i got year back whether I'm eligible to take IAS exam????????[/QUOTE
You should eligible for ias if you completed your B.tech 4th year and also clear your back paper .because in IAS exam one should have to graduate .
thank's
21st February 2011, 04:45 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
There is no criteria regarding year back is mentioned in IAS eligiblity criteria so dont worry about it, and clear it with good marks.
Dont hurry in appearing for IAS first prepare yourself for it.As number of attempts are restricted as I mention below:

General -4

OBC- 7

SC/ST- Unlimited till age limit.

So also keep this thing in mind.
21st February 2011, 09:26 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

You need to be a graduate to apply for IAS. IAS comprises of three levels of exams.
Preliminary( Objective choice) optional papers, general studies
Mains(Subjective type) Optional papers, General Studies, Essay writing, English
Interview

Civil Services Exam, 2010 :-
notification date :- 19.02.2011
last date for applying :- 21.03.2011
exam date :- 12.06.2011

Your general knowledge should be very good,your knowledge about the geographical area and many more thing relating to Indian economy and history.

However you can get more information regarding this in the site listed below.

http://www.upscexam.com

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Best of Luck...
21st February 2011, 12:00 PM
Ankur agrawal

Ya IAS req. ur complete degree not matter how many yreas u complete that.......
21st February 2011, 04:39 PM
ratalalavanya

Yeah......the age limit for IAS exam is 21-30 years...
You need to have a minimum degree without any backlogs,...
So first try to make this possible....
27th February 2011, 10:47 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

********UPSC IAS EXAM 2011********

After completing Graduation & fulfilling all the eligible criteia ,you can give IAS exam.

Eligibility conditions:
Age limits: Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on 1st August, 2011
The upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the notice
Educational qualifications: Degree of a recognized university or an equivalent qualification
Physical standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the regulations given in the appendix-III of rules for the civil services examination, 2011 published in the gazette of India extraordinary dated 19th February, 2011
Number of attempts: The maximum number of attempts permissible to different categories of aspirants, who are otherwise eligible, will be as follows
General category (04); P.H. candidates belonging to general category (07); OBC (07); SC/ST/ (no limit)

For complete details
http://www.upsc.gov.in
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Best of Luck........
Regards
Kapila ChaudharyJ

28th February 2011, 10:26 AM
omprakash sharma

hI ,

ELIGIBLITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM ARE GIVEN
(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).
1st March 2011, 12:53 AM
babydoll

The eligibility for the IAS will be graduation from any institutions in any discipline. and the age limit should be not more than 30 years.
If you can fulfil the eligibility criteria then you are eligible.
Good luck..dear
1st March 2011, 12:55 AM
mishra245

IAS eligibility is:
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent
age eligibility:
21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs
8th March 2011, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, my DOB is 27/02/1980, am I eligible to IAS exam 2011
18th March 2011, 05:56 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Am I Eligible for IAS Exam?

Year Back will not make much of a difference in you r eligibility for IAS.

For IAS, you will have to give the CSAT exam.

Educational Qualification:

Graduation from any field but from a recognized university.
Final year students can also apply.

So once you have completed your graduation(ie you have cleared all backlogs and have cleared your exams), then you can aplly for the exam.

Other eligibility conditions:

Age Limit:

Minimum 21 years of age as on 1st August 20XX(Year of exam).
Upper age limit is 30 years(Relaxations according to govt. Rules)

Maximum Attempts:

*General:4
*OBC:7
*SC/ST:No Limit
19th May 2011, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

I'm MA 2nd yr. student. Can i join ias coaching also besides it?
4th June 2011, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

my name is baji i am studing degree second year am i eligible for IAS exam
2nd July 2011, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

hi everyone! ...during my b.tech 2 year i was suspended from university for a period of a year.....so il complete my b.tech in 5years..so am i eligible for civil services?? kindly please reply me..awaiting ur reply at the earliest...thank you
30th July 2011, 01:02 AM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

IAS exam requires a complete graduation degree at the time of exam. But frankly speaking , IAS has a long procedure to be accomplished . Like if you apply it in your final year, then at the time of applying you dont need to produce your proof of all-pass certificate of engineering. You may sit in that in any condition, back has no concern for this.

Since you have back in 2nd year, you would clear it till your final year. And at that time you need not to worry about. In case you even clear you prelim exam going to be held in the month of May(applying in final year), then main exam will likely to be held after 3 months and till the time of interview you would have more than 7-8 months to clear you back, just after your btech 8th semester exam.
Thanks
11th August 2011, 01:21 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Am I Eligible for IAS Exam?

Quote:
IAS is Indian Administrative Service and this exam is conducted by UPSC ever year for the post of IPS officer.

As you have said that you are studying B.E in Electrical and Electronics,you are eligible for the IAS exam.

The exam will include 3 stages for selecting the candidates:

• Preliminary exam.
  • Main exam.
  • Interview.

For attending these stages the candidate must be eligible.

Eligibility:

The candidate must be a citizen of India.

Age limits:

For general category candidates must have a age limit of 21-30 years.

For SC/ST candidates it is 35 years.

For OBC candidates it is 33 years.

For Ex-service men it is 5 years exception from the prescribed limits.

Education Qualification:

The candidates must have a degree from a recognized university.

The candidates who are writing their final degree exam are also eligible for applying for the exam.

If you satisfy the above criteria's then you can apply for the IAS exam.

All the best.
15th September 2011, 11:09 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

17th December 2011, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

sir i am handicap student i am not able in walk so am i able for ias exam. sir please give me answer earlear. RAHUL NEMA . seoni, (m.p.)
e-mailid : [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?