28th September 2011, 06:52 AM
madhurivk

Am I eligible for IIT-JEE having completed 10+2, 3 years back?

I want to study astronomy and thats my aim .......
i'm doing bsc(physics) 3rd year
12 hours ago
I have completed 10+2 in the year 2009 with 84.7% and then i gotta join for bsc .I'l completed my bsc in the year 2012. am I eligible to crack IIT 2013.
But I heard that one can appear for IIT only for two consecutive years after 10+2 .
please someone give correct info ..........
I was born in 1992............

28th September 2011, 06:04 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT-JEE having completed 10+2, 3 years back?

Hello friend,
It's true that a candidate is allowed to appear for the exam only in the first two consecutive years after qualifying +2 level of examination.
Apart from this, to be eligible, one must have qualified +2 level of exam with a minimum of 60% marks and must not be over 25 years of age.

Fort more information, click here.
28th September 2011, 06:41 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

no! friend ,you can not6 apply for this exam again . because there are only two consecutive years are given to a candidates at 12.
you have completeed your 12 in 2009, then there was the only two years that you had to appear in this exam i.e. in 2009 & in 2010. .
28th September 2011, 07:13 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhurivk View Post
i'm doing bsc(physics) 3rd year 12 hours ago I have completed 10+2 in the year 2009 with 84.7% and then i gotta join for bsc .I'l completed my bsc in the year 2012. am I eligible to crack IIT 2013.But I heard that one can appear for IIT only for two consecutive years after 10+2 . please someone give correct info .......... I was born in 1992............
Information Regarding IIT JEE Entrance Examination

You are not eligible for the IIT JEE entrance examination. You heard right that one can appear in the IIT JEE examination only for two consecutive years after 12th exam. For example : if you pass 12th exam in 2009 then you are eligible for the IIT JEE entrance examination in 2009 and in 2010 but you are not eligible in the year 2011.

IIT JEE is the one of the most famous engineering entrance examination of India. Every year a large number of candidates appear in this examination to test their fate but seat is limited so competition become really hard.

So, according to eligibility criteria you are not eligible for the IIT JEE entrance examination. For any more information about the IIT JEE entrance examination please visit the official website of IIT JEE. :- http://jee.iitd.ac.in/

Regards
~Mukul~
28th September 2011, 07:16 PM
dil-jale

sorry friends, you are not eligible for IIT JEE because only two times gives the IIT exam.
one chance is given you with 12th appearing and another chance is after passing 12th.
so you are not eligible for IIT exam.
thanks
28th September 2011, 07:29 PM
dil-jale

sorry friends, you are not eligible for IIT JEE because only two times gives the IIT exam.
one chance is given you with 12th appearing and another chance is after passing 12th.
so you are not eligible for IIT exam.
thanks
28th September 2011, 09:46 PM
saurabh abhijeet

hello friend,

sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for IITJEE;

eligibility for IITJEE is;

- a candidate should be 12th with atleast 60% marks in
aggregate and 60% in PCM

-there is only 2 attempts for the exam, one in the current
year and other in the immediate next year...

as you passed you 12th 3 years before so you are not
eligible for IITJEE.........
28th September 2011, 10:49 PM
vasu&sakshi

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IIT-JEE having completed 10+2, 3 years back?

Quote:
12 hours ago
I have completed 10+2 in the year 2009 with 84.7% and then i gotta join for bsc .I'l completed my bsc in the year 2012. am I eligible to crack IIT 2013.
But I heard that one can appear for IIT only for two consecutive years after 10+2 .
Dear friend,
if you are above 25 yr then you couldn't get the iit exam because 25 yr is age criteria.
else you do this. but you can give this exam only two time in your life before 25 yr
23rd October 2011, 05:34 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
12 hours ago
hiii friend......here i can help you..............you are not eligible to write IIT-JEE in 2013.............in order to write JEE in 2013 you should complete 12 th standard after october 2010..........but you completed it in 2009...............so you are not eligible..
25th October 2011, 10:39 AM
SUBHO010

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IIT-JEE having completed 10+2, 3 years back?

Sorry friend but you are not elligible for IIT at this stage.
Although IIT gives two chances to apper for the exam , but those two chances are limited to the year of passing 12th standard board exams and a year after that.

HEre is a official notice from IIT:

Year of Passing Qualifying Examination (QE)

To appear in IIT-JEE 2012, a candidate must have either passed the QE for the first time, on or after October 1, 2010 or appearing for the first time in 2012. Those who are going to appear in the QE later than September 30, 2012 are not eligible to appear in IIT-JEE 2012.

For more information visit the site:
www.iitb.ac.in

Best of luck
25th October 2011, 03:32 PM
vigyan7

no,

The qualifying examinations are listed below:

The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.

Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.

General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.

High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
H.S.C. vocational examination.

Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.

A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3 year duration.

Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).

check the official website................
25th October 2011, 04:16 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

INDIAN INSTITUTE TECHNOLOGY

This JEE(JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION) examination is conducted by IIT every year,.through this examination one can get the admission in one of the most reputed IITs colleges,for doing B.TECH course in various courses like, computer science,mechanical,civil, electrical & communication,marine, textile electronic etc etc.

for appear in this examination (JEE),one must possess 12th degree in PHYSICS ,CHEMISTRY,MATHS from a recognized college.
also you must have scored at least 60% in PCM .

the age limit for this examination is 17-25 years.

there are only two consecutive years of chances are applicable for the candidates with the passing of 12th.

thank you!
~gamble~
26th October 2011, 05:54 PM
jeo-rocks

HI DEAR,

You are not eligible for the IIT JEE entrance examination. You heard right that one can appear in the IIT JEE examination only for two consecutive years after 12th exam. For example : if you pass 12th exam in 2009 then you are eligible for the IIT JEE entrance examination in 2009 and in 2010 but you are not eligible in the year 2011.

IIT JEE is the one of the most famous engineering entrance examination of India. Every year a large number of candidates appear in this examination to test their fate but seat is limited so competition become really hard.

THANKS
12th November 2011, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT-JEE having completed 10 2, 3 years back?

i finished 10 2 in 2010 with 90% i am an engineering student now am i eligible for jee 2012
13th November 2011, 09:40 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As you have completed 12th 3 years back then you are not eligible for IIT-JEE exam...

One who is appearing for Board exam/ Next year of board exam in consecutive manner can apply for IIT-JEE exam..

So, sorry to say you that you are not eligible..

All the best.
14th November 2011, 02:07 AM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

Eligibility for IIT-JEE Examination:-

1. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi; etc with 60% in PCM.For SC/ST/PD Candidate, the relaxation is 55%..

2.Age Should be in between 18 years to 25 years.

The candidate must appear IIT-JEE examination only for two consecutive years after 12th exam.

so,according to the eligibility criteria you are not eligible.

best of luck
30th October 2012, 07:34 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

sorry to say but you cannot appear in the IIT - JEE having completed 12th , 3 years back.

The IIT - Kanpur has recently announced that students are allowed only two consecutive attempts for IIT exam after they have completed their 12th.

So , the two chances are the year in which you have passed 12th and the second year is the next year following the previous one.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
31st October 2012, 03:25 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

SO SORRY,,YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE..

I have attached the eligibility criteria for IITJEE,Pl go through it..
Attached Files
File Type: docx Eligibility for IITjee.docx(14.7 KB, 68 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?