14th June 2011, 03:31 PM
vansh singhal

Am I eligible for IPS exam after my MBBS? If not then what should I do?

sir,
i am in 11 stndard .i have choosen science an wanted to do mbbs. but i wanted to become ips. am i eligible for ips exam after my mbbs. if not what schould i do.

21st September 2011, 05:46 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for IPS exam after my MBBS? If not then what should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansh singhal View Post
sir,
i am in 11 stndard .i have choosen science an wanted to do mbbs. but i wanted to become ips. am i eligible for ips exam after my mbbs. if not what schould i do.
Yeah for sure.. !! you are eligible to become IPS officer which is the most powerful job in India.. by clearing an Entrance examination called UPSC civil service exam.

For this examination the basic eligibility criteria required by a candidate is as follows.

->you should have a degree from a recognized indian University. No matter what degree it is.
->you should at least have 21 years of age to appear in this examination.
->Your nationality should be Indian.

so by this a few things are clear to you right.

first, as MBBS is also a degree. you are eligible for IAS examination.
and in this case I want to tell you one thing.
the last year topper of UPSC civil service exam is also a medical student who cracked the examination right in his first attempt.

he is none other than shah faisal.

He should be our inspiration.. being an kashmiri.. with a lot of family problems he been able to clear the examination. and he is IAS officer now.

Great right. !!

So Don't go for anyother thought if your inner voice say you to become IPS officer then become so.

all the very best for your preparation and future too.

any doubts regarding this or anything else are warmly welcomed by my forum.

Regards

~aditya~
21st September 2011, 05:56 PM
bhabanisankardas

Location: Jaypurkilla(Near Pipili College), Pipili, Puri, Orissa, India 752104
Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS exam after my MBBS? If not then what should I do?

Dear,
If you are really interested to become an IPS officer then you need not to worry about the type of degree graduation you have. Rather are required to fulfill all the minimum criteria given below.

1.you should have a degree from a recognized indian University
2.you should at least have 21 years of age to appear in this examination.
3.Your nationality should be Indian.

You should start preparing for IPS exam...

Good luck
21st September 2011, 06:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS exam after my MBBS? If not then what should I do?

Quote:
sir,
dear friend,

Yes , You are eligible for IPS exam because your degree is equivalent to graduation degree.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candiadte is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.
Also you must be citizen of india.

The IPS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Interview.

thanks
12th April 2012, 03:37 AM
Unregistered

I am about to finish my 12 standard and I wish to pursue mbbs in India and take the civil services exam. For the record, I am a US GC. What should i do since my parents don't want me to return to india?
23rd April 2012, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

what will be my syllabus for ips though i am a medical graduate
28th July 2013, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

CAN I DO BBOTH THE JOB OF DOCTOR AND IPS ?? IF NOT THEN WHY??
28th July 2013, 08:37 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for the Civil Services Examination. The MBBS degree is also considered as graduation course which is all you need to appear for Indian Police Service or any other entrance exam which requires graduation degree.

To apply for the Indian Police Service you must register for the Civil Services Examination. It will now only be conducted next year in 2014. You should wait till next year to apply for it.

Use the time in between to prepare for the entrance exam. Civil Services Examination is not easy to crack. It would take a lot of hard work to clear the Civil Services Examination. Since there are only few hundred seats and more than 10 Lakh candidates.

Therefore study hard in order to clear the Civil Services Examination. You can take admission for some coaching classes to help prepare better for the entrance exam.

IPS Eligibility

1. It is only possible for Indian nationals to apply.

2. You must have Bachelor's degree.

3. Passing marks will be sufficient enough.

4. You should be minimum of 21 years old for the exam.

5. The upper age limit is 30 years for IPS.

6. OBC will get 3 years relaxation in upper age limit.

7. The relaxation is 5 years for SC/ST.

Physical Criteria

Height

Male: Should have minimum of 165 cm. ST candidates should be 160 cm tall.

Female: height criteria is 150 cm, for ST its 145 cm.

Chest

Male: Minimum of 84 cm with 5 cm expansion.

Female: should be at least 79 cm with 5 cm expansion.
28th July 2013, 09:26 PM
ramesh venkatachalam
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IPS exam after my MBBS? If not then what should I do?

Quote:
sir,
yes,you can do ips after mbbs. >ELIGIBLITY CRITERIA: *any degree *age limit:21-30 years *upper Age relaxation: obc-3 years sc/st-5 years ex-service man-5years >No.of attempts: open category - 4 obc- 7 sc/st-no limit *should be physically fit.
29th July 2013, 09:04 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS - Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer, one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam, conducted by UPSC every year after Graduation Degree in any stream.

Yes, you are eligible for IPS after MBBS Degree.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate aspiring for IPS, should have possessed minimum prescribed Physical requirement as:-

HEIGHT:- General/OBC Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-84cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th July 2013, 12:04 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend yes you are eligible for IPS exam after competed MBBS Degree.

The MBBS degree is also considered as graduation course which is all you need to appear for

Indian Police Service or any other entrance exam which requires graduation degree.

IPS stands for Indian Police Services.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Services exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years and SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

So, friend you are eligible to apply IPS exam after completed you MBBS Degree.

All the best......
29th July 2013, 02:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes MBBS qualification is enough for IPS examination. It is equivalent to a Bachelor Degree so you are definitely eligible for Civil Services exam. Thus you must not worry and start preparing for the examination.

You must fulfill below points also for Civil Services Exam.

Age Criteria:

General Category : 21-30 years

OBC Category: 21-33 years

SC/ST Category : 21-35 years

Selection Procedure:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Personality Test

Number of Attempts:

General Category - 4 attempts

OBC Category - 7 attempts

SC/ST Category - No restriction

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th September 2016, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir , I am a 1 student I've chosen science group I know I can write the exam for IPS after my MBBS
for I know MBBS is also a degree but is there anything related to this field in IPS exam and if not
how will I cover those portions?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?