20th September 2020, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join IAF after 12th from Arts stream with Mathematics as one of the major subjects?

Hello Sir, I have passed my 12th Board exams from Arts stream and had Mathematics as one of my major subjects. So, now am I eligible to join Indian Air Force (IAF)? Is there any entrance exam? If yes, then please share the entrance details. And, do I need to study any further courses for joining IAF at Officer ranking?

23rd September 2020, 09:19 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join IAF after 12th from Arts stream with Mathematics as one of the major subjects?

Having completed your Class 12th in Arts stream, you are eligible for joining Indian Air Force only as an Airman Y group as for all other entries including Officer's entry it is mandatory to have pursued Mathematics, and Physics at Class 12th level academics.

Further, the basic eligibility criteria required to apply for Indian Air force Airmen Group Y recruitment are as below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 17 years to 21 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline with at least 50% marks overall from a recognised board.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, having completed your Class 12th even in Arts stream, you are eligible for Airmen group Y recruitment on the educational requirement ground if your overall marks in your Class 12th is 50%. Also, you must have managed at least 50% marks in English as well in your Class 12th examination.

For details and updates regarding Indian Airforce Airmen recruitment, you can refer to the link www.cdac.airmenselection.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?