22nd May 2012, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join M.Tech course having scored 50% in B.Tech course?

I completed b.tech. Agregate 50% ellighble in mtech

19th July 2012, 05:56 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join M.Tech course having scored 50% in B.Tech course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
M.Tech stands for Master of Technology . It's Master degree Course and the Course of the coures is for two years and the Course is divided into four semester .

Specialization for M.tech Course :-

# Automobile Engineering
# Civil Engineering
# Electronics and Communication Engineering
# Electrical Engineering
# Computer Engineering
# Aerospace Engineering
# Biotechnology
# Architecture Engineering
# Mining Engineering

The Eligibility Criteria for M.tech Course is differ From College to College . Because different Colleges require differ types for Percentage of marks .

( Say For Example :- Vaish College of Engineering institute require 50% Percentage of marks and National Institute of Engineering Institute require 60% Percentage of marks )

The M.tech Course is based on the Colleges . So, I suggest you to go through the College eligibility Criteria Before apply for M.tech Course .

To apply for M.tech Course you should Complete Bachelor degree in B.tech / B.E in any Specialization from recognized University and You should score Minimum 50% Percentage of marks in Bachelor degree .

There is no age limit to apply for M.tech Course , Any age candidate who satisfy the Eligibility may eligible to apply for the M.tech Course .

You should qualified in Entrance Examination like, GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ) TANCET ( Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test ) with good percentage of marks , there are is many Colleges Indian Accepts this Examination score card .

The Admission for this M.tech course is based on the Entrance Examination Performance . So, If you score good percentage of marks in Entrance Examination then definitely you may get admission for M.tech Course .

Best M.tech Colleges in India :-
  • Birla Institute Of technology
  • Indian School Of Mines
  • M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology
  • Banaras Hindu University
  • P.E.S Institute of Technology
  • Manipal Institute of Technology
  • Vellore Institute of Technology
  • SRM Institute of Science and Technology
  • Manipal Institute of Technology
  • Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology
  • University college of engineering
19th July 2012, 08:31 PM
Nirmal Panjwani

Default Re: Am I eligible to join M.Tech course having scored 50% in B.Tech course?

Quote:
Yes You eligible to do m.tec
19th July 2012, 10:51 PM
kunutherockstar

Wink Re: Am I eligible to join M.Tech course having scored 50% in B.Tech course?

Quote:
admission anywhere in india is possible for engineering, medical, dental, commerce, arts or anything then do contact over here:09786525828.reply soon before all seats get filled up.

just in case!

do call!!

Yes it is possible!!!
20th July 2012, 05:47 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to join M.Tech course having scored 50% in B.Tech course?

Hai...

M.Tech - Master of Technology...

You are eligible to apply for M.Tech but the problem is The Eligibility Criteria for M.tech Course is differ From College to College .
The M.tech Course is based on the Colleges . So, I suggest you to go through the College eligibility Criteria Before apply for M.tech Course .

To apply for M.tech Course you should Complete Bachelor degree in B.tech / B.E in any Specialization from recognized University and You should score Minimum 50% Percentage of marks in Bachelor degree .

There is no age limit to apply for M.tech Course , Any age candidate who satisfy the Eligibility may eligible to apply for the M.tech Course .

Thank you...
20th July 2012, 09:36 AM
EALPExpert

Quote:
Eligible to Join in M.Tech Program :

For admission in M.Tech program, required educational qualifications are you must completed the bachelor of technology with minimum pass marks from recognized university and there is no age limit. But admission in M.Tech program you must write the entrance exam conducted by the corresponding university.

According to your information, you are completing the B.Tech with 50% of marks and then you can apply for many entrance exams like GATE and Other State Govt Exams for admission in M.Tech program and these exams are conducted every year once, so this year both are completed. If you really interested to do M.Tech then wait for next year and continue your studies.

And these entrance exams offering the specialization courses are like automobile engineering, civil engineering, electronics and communication engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, aerospace engineering, biotechnology, architecture engineering, mining engineering etc.

~~ Regards
EALPExpert
17th July 2015, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for doing mtech in london (UK) being scored 60% in btech.? may i know what are the other eligibility criterias.?
18th July 2015, 01:42 AM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

Yes!
you are eligible but only for the average colleges , because the required percentage by any college is 65% ...
Simply you can appear in GATE
Graduation Aptitude Test of Engineering
if you scored well in GATE
a) you can secure seat in IIT'S and IES which are popular for mtech..
this is the better option selected by everyone who have low percentile in their btech...
18th July 2015, 11:02 AM
john215

Re: Am I eligible to join M.Tech course having scored 50% in B.Tech course?

Yes you are eligible to join M.Tech
First of all you can write GATE or PGECET entrance exam
After you can qualify this exams you can attend counselling
Then after you can join any M.Tech college as your requirements

Best M.Tech colleges in India:----------

1. Indian Institute of Technology - IIT , Roorke
2. Indian Institute of Technology - IIT,Madras
3. Indian Institute of Technology - IIT, Kanpur
4. Indian Institute of Technology - IIT, Bombay
5. Indian Institute of Technology - IIT, Delhi
6. Indian Institute of Technology - IIT, BHU
7. National Institute of Technology - NIT ,Trichy
8. Indian School of Mines , Dhanbad
9. Bengal engineering & Science University (BESU)
10. International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) - Hyderabad
18th July 2015, 05:15 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes.you can apply for M.tech.M.tech is the master in technology post graduate degree having 2 year duration after completion of bachelor in engimeering.Each college/university having different eligibility criteria & percentage criteria.so there may be chance that you are not eligible for some colleges which demands more than 50%.but for other colleges , you can surely eligible.

Admission Process
M.tech admission is done through entrance exam score.GATE is the graduate aptitude test in engineering.M.tech admission is also done through state level or university level entrance exam.
- Apply for Entrance exam
- Crack the exam with good score
- Apply for college or university
- college or university will declare the merit list & you will get admission according to your merit score.
- If you want to enroll for particular branch in particular college , then pay the fees & confirm your admission.

Specialization of M.tech
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Civil engineering
- EC engineering
- Computer engineering
- IT engineering
- Chemical engineering
You should do your M.tech in particular specialization in which you have completed your B.E.In M.tech , there is also many specialization for particular branch in which you can do your M.Tech
Example..In the M.tech electrical , you can do M.tech in power system or Machine design or Microelectronics or powerelectronics etc..

Best colleges for M.tech in india
- IITs - Indian institute of technology
- NITs- National institute of technology
- Delhi technological university
- Anna university , Chennai
- Panjab engineering college university , Chandigarh
- Birla institute of technology & science , Goa
- Netaji subhash institute of technology , New delhi
18th July 2015, 07:36 PM
JSD.

Ya sure!

You can do the masters in technology. For tha M.tech course it is necessary to have a bachelor degree in engineering with minimum 50% aggregate marks.

The admission on the m.tech colleges is based on the entrance exam.There are many entrances like gate and other state level test in which you can appear.The admission of yours will be based on your performance and rank which you get in the exam.

As you have completed engineering with 50% so you are eligible for m.tech.You have to now prepare for entrance and go ahead further.

Regards,
JSD
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?