21st February 2012, 06:27 PM
hemanth desu

Am I eligible for KCET? I am having residential proof of Andhra Pradesh

SIR,
my native place is anantapur ,andhra pradesh. my education life carried on this place only. now iam in 12th class ,studying in anantapur.can i elgible for kcet.
please inform me sir.

8th May 2012, 10:52 AM
uday.krk

Default Re: Am I eligible for KCET? I am having residential proof of Andhra Pradesh

Karnataka Common Entrance Test or Karnataka-CET is conducted for the purpose of admitting students to first year Courses in Medical / Dental / Ayurveda / Homoeopathy / Unani / Naturopathy and Yoga / Engineering / Technology and Aptitude Test for admission to first year Architecture course in the professional educational institutions affiliated to the state run Universities,in the State of Karnataka.

If you are keen on choosing Engineering / Technology as your future career, then for the purpose of appearing in the KCET examination, you must

*pass the Karnataka 2nd PUC / 12th Std. or
*equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology
/ Computer Science / Electronics / Biology as optional subjects with English as one of
the languages of study and
*obtained a minimum of 45% of marks in aggregate in the optional subjects,
irrespective of marks obtained in the Common Entrance Test.

As you told that all your education life is carried in A.P only , i'm sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for KCET..because inorder to be eligible for KCET The candidate should have studied and passed in one or more Government or Government recognised educational institutions located in the State of Karnataka for a minimum period of SEVEN academic years commencing from 1st standard to 2nd PUC / 12th standard as on 1st July of the year in which the Entrance Test is held and must have appeared and passed either SSLC / 10th standard or 2nd PUC / 12th standard examination from Karnataka State.

But you have a chance to KCET if any of your parents either mother or father is from Karnataka.......

For more details visit:http://www.cetinformation.com/eligible.html
24th March 2013, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for KCET? I am having residential proof of Andhra Pradesh

as my father studied M.B.B.S from karnataka is a resident of andhra pradesh so am i eligible to write KCET?
20th December 2013, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

i am from andhra pradesh have i eligible for k-cet as my mother studied in karnataka what proof i should provide
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?