22nd June 2012, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for lecturer post in any college after completing B.E CSE?

i had completed my B.E (cse) if am i eligible for apply lecture in any colleages

14th October 2012, 09:02 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for lecturer post in any college after completing B.E CSE?

Unfortunately you can not apply for lectureship in government colleges. To apply for lecturer job in government colleges you first need to clear the National Eligibility Test by the University Grants Commission.

The National Eligiblity Test is conducted twice a year. Unfortunately as for now you are not eligible to appear for NET entrance exam. The reason is that you must complete at least post graduation degree to appear for National Eligibility Test for lectureship.

It would not matter whether you apply for National Eligibility Test or the State Eligibility Test for Lectureship. This requirement would remain the same. You will have to pursue post graduation which could be M.Tech, MBA etc before you can become lecturer in government colleges.

However in private colleges, there is no such criteria. There are several B.Tech graduates who are lecturer in private engineering colleges. However I should warn you that the pay is not gonna be as good as what you can expect in government colleges. Besides not every college offers lecturer job to B.Tech graduate. There are several colleges that prefer a M.Tech candidate.

My best advice to you would be that if possible go for M.Tech. Then only you can apply for good lecturer job. You will have to appear for General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) to get admission for M.Tech.

You will have to score at least 55 percent marks in post graduation for the lecturer job. Please check out the criteria below.

Eligibility

A post graduation degree in any stream.

You must complete PG from a UGC recognized university.

A minimum of 55 percent marks in PG.

SC/ST candidates need 50 percent marks.

Final year students can also apply.

Your subject for NET would depend on PG course.

There is no limit on number of attempts.

Age Limit

The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

It is relaxed by 3 years for OBC.

Age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST.

There is no age limit for Lectureship.
14th October 2012, 09:58 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for lecturer post in any college after completing B.E CSE?

HELLO DEAR

To apply for lecturer job in government colleges you first need to clear the National Eligibility Test(NET).You will have to score at least 55 percent marks in post graduation for the lecturer job.

Eligibility

Age Limit:- age limit is 28 years,relaxed by 3 years for OBC, relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST.

good luck
14th October 2012, 01:20 PM
bhaskar51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i had completed my B.E (cse) if am i eligible for apply lecture in any colleages

Unfortunately you can not apply for lectureship in government colleges. To apply for lecturer job in government colleges you first need to clear the National Eligibility Test by the University Grants Commission.

The National Eligiblity Test is conducted twice a year. Unfortunately as for now you are not eligible to appear for NET entrance exam. The reason is that you must complete at least post graduation degree to appear for National Eligibility Test for lectureship.

It would not matter whether you apply for National Eligibility Test or the State Eligibility Test for Lectureship. This requirement would remain the same. You will have to pursue post graduation which could be M.Tech, MBA etc before you can become lecturer in government colleges.

However in private colleges, there is no such criteria. There are several B.Tech graduates who are lecturer in private engineering colleges. However I should warn you that the pay is not gonna be as good as what you can expect in government colleges. Besides not every college offers lecturer job to B.Tech graduate. There are several colleges that prefer a M.Tech candidate.

My best advice to you would be that if possible go for M.Tech. Then only you can apply for good lecturer job. You will have to appear for General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) to get admission for M.Tech.

You will have to score at least 55 percent marks in post graduation for the lecturer job. Please check out the criteria below.

Eligibility

A post graduation degree in any stream.

There is no limit on number of attempts.

Age Limit

The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

It is relaxed by 3 years for OBC.

Age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST.

There is no age limit for Lectureship.
28th October 2012, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

is graduation marks matter in net?
28th October 2012, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

i have done b.com (H) frm sol... with 47% marks...is graduation marks matter in net ??
28th October 2012, 08:50 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

Age:- There is no maximum age limit for the post of lecturer.

Educational Qualifications:- A person must have cleared the examination of NET i.e. National Eligibility Test conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The prerequisite to appear for this test is a degree in post-graduation in the respective subject with a minimum of 55% for general and 50% for SC/ST. This test is conducted by the UGC twice a year usually in the months of June and December and is conducted in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science.

So ,Only the full time M.Tech alone will be considered for the lectureship as under educational qualification given by the AICTE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?