29th June 2011, 08:09 PM
arpitakolkata

Am I eligible for LLB (distance education) in Kolkata or Pune? I've passed 10+2 with 63.4% marks

Requested Sir,
I passed H.S. in 2006 at 63.4% marks.i want to do llb in distance learning.Would you please tell me can i do llb as distance education from kolkata law colleges..Please help me as i need the solution.Are there any law colleges at kolkata?OR are there any law college have distance learning facilites in kolkata or Pune?is admission going on at pune..Please help..

Regards,
A.Das
[email protected]

14th February 2012, 10:37 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for LLB (distance education) in Kolkata or Pune? I've passed 10+2 with 63.4% marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpitakolkata View Post
Requested Sir,
I passed H.S. in 2006 at 63.4% marks.i want to do llb in distance learning.Would you please tell me can i do llb as distance education from kolkata law colleges..Please help me as i need the solution.Are there any law colleges at kolkata?OR are there any law college have distance learning facilites in kolkata or Pune?is admission going on at pune..Please help..

Regards,
A.Das
[email protected]
There are various courses in Law which are offered in distance mode but LLB is not offered in distance mode. LLB is the minimum requirement to become an associate member of bar council of India and members of bar council of India are only eligible to practice in the court of law. So if you want to take up Law as a profession you must pursue it through universities offering regular classes. In order to do so you may write Common Law Admission Test which is jointly conducted by 14 National law universities of India. Since you have scored more than 50% marks you are eligible to take the test provided you are not over 20 years. For more information regarding Common Law Admission Test refer to its official website.
As far as Law college in Kolkata is concerned you will be eligible to join the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata after qualifying the Common Law Admission Test.
15th March 2012, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for LLB (distance education) in Kolkata or Pune? I've passed 10 2 with 63.4% marks

Requested sir,
i hve appeared for AISSE this year.after my10 2 i want to study law.is it possible?please suggest me some law colleges in Kolkata and Westbengal.Please help!
15th March 2012, 10:03 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for LLB (distance education) in Kolkata or Pune? I've passed 10+2 with 63.4% marks

Dear friend,
you have completed 12th standard examination
But for LLB you will have to be a graduate.

So you are not eligible for LLB

CRITERIA for LLB:

1.You must be a graduate with minimum 40% marks.Sc/ST candidates will get 5% marks relaxation.

2.The age of the candidate must be less than 30 years.

So try to complete graduation with decent marks.
9th August 2012, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for LLB (distance education) in Kolkata or Pune? I've passed 10 2 with 63.4% marks

I am 43 yrs old and I am a postgraduate allopathy doctor practicing as a physician..can I go for distance LLB course in Pune (Maharashtra)..kindly guide me on [email protected]
6th September 2012, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am 50 years old .i passed 10 2can i take LLB through Distance education /correspondence
11th December 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

i m gradute with 47% marks and doing govt.job as udc can i apply for LLB through distance course
26th January 2013, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am appearing 10 2. I am worried about my future I want do llb after 10 2. But I am confused how can I apply for llb? I need agudance. Plz sir help to build my future.
Thanking you
Yours faithful
G. Shekh
2nd February 2013, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am 25 years old ,i am graduate education honers 40% markes and doing pvt. Job as bpo can i apply LLB course in (burdwan or kolkata) through distance course?
kindly gide me on
[email protected]
3rd February 2013, 11:38 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

LLB through distance education is not a good idea. Firstly the LLB course is not offered in distance education. Secondly the various law courses offered in distance education are not valid as per the Bar Council of India.

It would be waste of money and time to take law course through distance education. Since Bar Council of India does not recognize these degrees, you will not be allowed to practice in the court as lawyer. Neither any state Bar Council will allow you to register.

Therefore I will not recommend you to apply for the distance education course. If you want to apply then do it through regular mode. Even through regular mode LLB is not currently possible for you.

As for now you have only completed 12th standard. The issue is that for LLB admission candidate should have completed graduation. Therefore firstly you will have to complete a graduation. It could be done via regular or distance education mode.

The five years LLB course that can be taken after completing 12th standard is beyond your reach. The age limit for that course is 20 years with maximum of 2 years relaxation for SC and ST. You are not eligible to appear for it.

So the best thing to do right now would be to complete graduation and only then apply for the LLB course.

LLB Eligibility

1. You should complete a graduation degree.

2. At least 45 percent marks in graduation.

3. SC and ST need 40 percent marks.

4. Age limit is 30 years to apply.

5. Maximum of 5 years relaxation for SC and ST.
4th February 2013, 04:53 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for LLB is Bachelor of Law.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for LLB.

The eligibility criteria required for LLB are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 30 yrs.

* Age relaxation- 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* 45% marks for General and 40% marks for SC/ST contendors in graduation.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
5th February 2013, 12:49 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpitakolkata View Post
Requested Sir,
Regards,
A.Das
[email protected]
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for LLB after passing 12th with 63.4% marks.

TOP COLLEGE OFFER LAW THROUGH DISTANCE EDUCATION:-

Annamalai University (Tamil Nadu)
National Law School of India University (Bangalore)
Kakatiya University (Warangal)
Kurukshetra University (Haryana)
Mahatma Gandhi University (Kottayam)
SNDT Women’s University (Mumbai)
GOVERNMENT LAW COLLEGE MUMBAI
Indira Gandhi National Open University (Delih)

GOOD LUCK!
24th May 2013, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

can i get addmition in good collages of law in india without giving entrance exam?list of collages?
25th September 2013, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Requested Sir,
I passed H.S. in 2005at 50.2% marks.i want to do llb in distance learning.Would you please tell me can i do llb as distance education from kolkata law colleges..Please help me as i need the solution.Are there any law colleges at uttar pradesh OR are there any law college have distance learning facilites in kolkata or Pune?is admission going on at pune..Please help..

Regards,
Pankaj Singh
[email protected]

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/am-i-eligible-llb-distance-education-kolkata-pune-ive-passed-10-2-63-4-marks-258590.html#ixzz2ftqZ1URc
8th February 2014, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

I am B.A (pass) passed graduate in 2001 with 44% marks from CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY .How I get admission in REGULAR LLB course / DISTANCE LLB course ? Now my age is 34 years.
24th February 2014, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

I completed my graduation in 2008 with 40% marks.. I willing to join LLB course. In that case, I want to know that is there has any option to join that course as I seen that BAR council needs 45% marks which I don't have.. plz help..
Regards,
Sangita Dey
[email protected]
4th June 2014, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

I'm (10 2) Science in 1996, BA Eng(Hons.) in 2002. Now I am a Tax Consultant. Sales Tax, Income tax and other Departments do not allow consultants without CA, LLBo or persons of this profession with commerce background. Can I do 3 yrs LLB from any BCI approved institutions in west bengal if My D.O.B. is 06.06.1973. Please advise.
8th March 2016, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Si I am Sandeep Manohar Bhalerao I say that passed 12th Exam long distance I interest LLB Education pleased regarding help me, [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?