26th August 2011, 08:34 PM
nitu.kum90

Am I eligible for NET after doing PGDCA and MSc IT through lateral entry scheme?

I have done PGDCA and after that M.Sc I.T in lateral entry scheme.Am I eligible for net and in which subject?Please reply soon.

26th August 2011, 09:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET after doing PGDCA and MSc IT through lateral entry scheme?

Dear friend,

After M.SC(IT) , you are eligible for NET exam but your degree must be from UGC approved university.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.
For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

All the best
27th August 2011, 10:07 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET after doing PGDCA and MSc IT through lateral entry scheme?

eligibility criteria for NET

M.Sc or equivalent degree , with minimum 55% marks for General and OBC candidates
and 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and Ph.D.

A candidate can also apply for the Test under RA (Result Awaited) category, if he/she is appearing or has appeared in his/her final year (III/IV Semester where Semester system is there) of M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination . Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Deptt./Institute over his/her signature and rubber stamp (with address and name) from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared in the final year M.SC or equivalent degree examination.
However, such candidates shall be admitted to the Test provisionally. They shall only be considered eligible for JRF-(NET)/LS-(NET), if they are able to produce the proof of having passed the Master’s Degree examination in the relevant or related subject with the requisite percentage of marks and within the stipulated time frame.
The Master’s degree can be either in Humanities, Social Science, Computer science, Electronic Science etc.

Since you completed your M.Sc you are eligible for NET.Your college should be recognized and should met the above said percentage criteria.
28th September 2011, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

sIR i HAVE JUST COMPLITED MY PGDCA IN MJPRU. Am I eligible for T.E.T and in which subject?Please reply soon.
IMRAN ALI
20th October 2011, 03:48 AM
Unregistered

sir i have done pgdca after bsc i.t i am eligible for net exam
1st February 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

I have completed b.sc physics and also PGDCA i want to do MS IT through lateral entry
IS it possible?? ... plzz tell me which colleges in chennai provide that?? rply as soon as possible! Thank yoo!
27th March 2012, 01:48 AM
Unregistered

KSOU(Karnataka state open university IS UGC approved university?
5th May 2012, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for lecturer after doing PGDCA and MSc IT through lateral entry scheme in KSOU
24th May 2012, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for lateral entry in mca after m.sc (IT) and which semester i will got admission in MCA
18th June 2012, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

am i eligible for net exam after doing pgdca and m.sc it through lateral entry scheme?
30th July 2012, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

i have a lateral MSC(IT) from PTU am i eligible for ugc NET exam?
29th April 2013, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

I have done PGDCA from IGNOU and after that M.Sc I.T in lateral entry (One Year or Two Semester ) scheme from Manav Bharti Uni. Solan HP.
.Am I eligible for net and in which subject?Please reply soon.
29th April 2013, 07:34 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Both the courses you mentioned, M.Sc and Post graduation diploma have completed in Computers. The M.Sc degree makes you eligible for the National Eligibility Test.

PGDCA depends on the university from where you have completed it. The Ministry of Human Resources and Development recognizes some of the PGDCA courses from specific universities and these courses are considered equal to the Master of Computer Applications.

In any case you are eligible for the National Eligibility Test. Your subject for the NET exam will remain the case regardless of M.Sc IT and PGDCA.

The NET exam will now be conducted in June 2013. The notification is expected soon from the University Grants Commission. Once the notification is out, apply for the exam choosing any degree.

If you have 55 percent marks in both degrees then choose any one of them to apply. However in other case, you will have to rely on the degree that meet the criteria.

Eligibility

1. Post graduation degree from recognized college.

2. At least 55 percent marks in the master degree.

3. 50 percent marks required for the SC and ST.

4. Your subject for NET will be Computer Science and Applications.

5. There is no limit on attempts.

6. The age limit is 28 if you are applying for JRF.

7. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

8. There is no upper age limit for lectureship.
30th April 2013, 09:15 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

you can eligible for the NET Exam after completing M.sc.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam conducted by UGC.

UGC stands for University Grant Commission.

Eligibility:

Candidate should be Indian.

Candidate should complete the Post Graduation from any recognized university.

Candidate required min 55% of marks in Post Graduation.

5% marks relaxation for sc/st category.

Candidate no upper age from the lectureship.

But JRF candidates upper age limit is 28 years.

Selection Process:

Written Test

Interview

all the best.
11th May 2017, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

I have done 12th in science stream with PCM group after that I have done B.Sc.(honours) in business information systems. And now I am pursuing PGDCA . Am I eligible to get admission in M.Sc. computer science course?
5th June 2017, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for msc (chemistry) in mjpru after doing pgdac (post graduate diploma in analytical chemistry) from ignou
13th May 2018, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.a ,pgdca and after that m.SC I.T in lateral entry scheme .am I eligible for net and in which subject
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?