1st August 2012, 01:38 PM
sinimol k

Am I eligible for NET Exam being a MBA Graduate?

I am an MBA graduate whether Iam eligible for the net exam

1st August 2012, 04:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam being a MBA Graduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinimol k View Post

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by UGC.This exam will be happen twice time in a year.

Those candidate have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.Marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST candidate.

You have completed MBA course so you are applicable NET exam with management department.

Your age should be more then 19 years and there is no age limitation for those who are applying for Lectureship but for JRF , Your age should not be more then 28 years.

From this years NET exams all papers are Objective types and there is no negative marking.

The notification for NET exam will be published very soon.It will be published in the month of September 2012 in UGC website.

List of the Best Books for NET Exam for management student

UGC-NET Management Previous Years' Papers (Solved) (Paper I, II & III)
by
R. Gupta
Publisher: Ramesh Publication (2012)

Human Resource Management Ugc Jrf-Slet-Net
by
Gurpreet Randhawa
Publisher: Aph Publishing Corporation (2006-01-01)

Want to know about the syllabus for NET exam CLICK HERE

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in

1st August 2012, 05:46 PM
tavleensingh

yes you are eligible for NET Exam being a MBA Graduate.

NET is National Eligibility Test .

eligibility:

the age of the applicant should be more than 19.

the applicant must have completed a master course with minimum 55% and the final year should also can apply.

for more details log on www.ugc.ac.in
1st August 2012, 06:34 PM
Mchetan

HI,

Perfect details through the answer of biswarupyogi. It helps me too.

Thanks
1st August 2012, 09:20 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinimol k View Post
University Grants Commission takes the National Eligibility Test. The UGC NET is conducted for 77 subjects including management which means you can also give the exam since you are an MBA pass out.

The test is conducted by the UGC twice a year mainly in the months of june and december.

Apart from lectureship post you can also apply for Junior Research Fellowship. Only the meritorious students who qualifies for the lectureship post are awarded the JRF. Therefore you can also apply for this program in your application form.

On securing 55% of marks at post graduation level from a recognized university or institution you can sit for the UGC NET exam.

If you have appeared or will be appearing for the final year exam or awaiting its result then also you can sit for the exam. In that case a provisional admission will be given on getting selected and things will be finalized after you get the result.

For Junior Research Fellowship the upper age limit is 28 years and for the lectureship post there is no upper age limit as such.

If you have a PhD degree in your subject then you will be exempted from giving the NET exam for UG and PG level teaching. M.Phil in the concerned subject also means exemption from giving the NET Exam for UG level.

There is basically three papers to answer and the test is in objective mode. It is mandatory to score 40 percent in the first paper and 35 percent in the next two.

Here i have shortlisted some of the books you can use to prepare for this exam. Please go through the list once.

UGC NET Management Reference Books:

Management for UGC-NET/SLET and Other Competitive Examinations
by K. R. Gupta, D. S. Paul, Rajesh Kumar Shah
Publisher: Atlantic Publishers & Distributors (P) Ltd

UGC NET/SET Management (Paper 2 & 3)
by Seema Kumari
Publisher: R.Gupta

UGC NET/SET (JRF & LS) Management
by Mohit Agarwal
Publisher: Arihant

UGC NET/SLET Management Study Package Complete Book
by Chandresh Agrawal
Publisher: Priyanka Prakashan

UGC NET/JRF/SELT Management (Paper II )
by L. N Koli, Prem Koli
Publisher: Upkar
1st August 2012, 11:53 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test
which is conducted by UGC.This exam
will be happen twice time in a year.

after completing your master degree with 55% you are eligible for NET.

age limit should not exist then 28 years there is a relaxation available for SC/ST category.

List of the Best Books for NET:

-Exam for management student UGC-NET Management Previous Years' Papers (Solved) (Paper I, II & III) by R. Gupta Publisher: Ramesh Publication (2012)

-Human Resource Management Ugc Jrf-Slet-Net by Gurpreet Randhawa Publisher: Aph Publishing Corporation (2006-01-01)

all the best
14th August 2012, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

hi friend,

I completed my BE.CSE with distinction and doing my MBA in technology management in distance mode.I have industry experience of 2 ..
Am i eligible for lecturership?.Am i eligible to write NET exam for computer science/technology?..
14th August 2012, 12:47 PM
88.sudha

Hi friends,

I completed my BE.computer science with distinction and Pursuing my MBA in technology management thru distance mode.I have IT industry experience of 2 + years from reputed company.Am i eligible for lecturership?...I am interested in teaching.Can i get a job in college?..Can i take up NET exam in computerscience/technology?
16th August 2012, 01:00 PM
Mchetan

Hi 88.sudha,

Your profile is simply great, so it might you get chance for teaching, still it doughtful. Because teaching is different field, there are different types of courses for lecturer in college.

May be you will get chance for teaching MBA in some institutes like nmims, welingkar, iipm, acit.

Thanks
17th November 2012, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

hi, is a MBA graduate through distance mode elligible for NET exam. i have completed MBA from IMTghaziabad cdl.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?