17th February 2012, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to participate for IAS, IPS exam? I am in BSc 2nd year

my DOB is 23.02.1980 & i am in BSc 2nd year in 2012,so i am eligible to participate IAS,IPS exam or not

19th February 2012, 02:32 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to participate for IAS, IPS exam? I am in BSc 2nd year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my DOB is 23.02.1980 & i am in BSc 2nd year in 2012,so i am eligible to participate IAS,IPS exam or not
The maximum age limit to apply for the Civil Service Exam, is 30 years for candidates belonging to General Category.
As per the date of birth you have mentioned, you are over 30 years of age and haven't yet qualified your bachelors degree examination. So, by the time you will complete your graduation, your age will be 33 years and at the age of 33 years, candidates belonging to OBC and Sc/St category may only write the civil service exam. Candidates belonging to Sc/St category are eligible up to the age of 35 years. So, basically, it depends upon your category too. If you belong to OBC category, you might be considered eligible for civil service exam after completion of your graduation but if you are from Sc/St category, you will be definitely eligible for the exam till the age of 35.
19th February 2012, 09:03 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible to participate for IAS, IPS exam? I am in BSc 2nd year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi

According to your Date of birth your age is 32 years and .02 months old.
your wish to write civil service exam(IAS,IPS) may not be fulfilled if you belong to general category.

I will give you the full details regarding it. have a keen look at it.

actually the aspirants of civil service exam can apply in between 21 and 30 yrs of age.

age relaxation is given to OBC/SC/ST and PD candidates.

for OBC upper age limit(30 yrs) is relaxed upto 33 yrs.
for SC/ST upper age limit(30 yrs) is relaxed upto 35yrs
for PD upper age limit is relaxed upto 40 yrs.

as you've not mentioned the category to which you belong.

If General, No chance of writing.
If OBC, already you're 32 again one year to complete your B.Sc , If OBC also you will have tough chances.
If SC/ST/PD , Then no problem you can write this exam.
11th March 2012, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to participate for IAS, IPS exam? I am in BSc 2nd year

Dear sir, i have completed my graduation in Bsc(gen),sir am i elligible to write IAS IPS exams
1st May 2012, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

hi i m kamaal siddiqui i have complete my intermidiate 12 can i sit ips pcs exam if i do so what should i do ' i from obc catogry plz suggest me i m waiting ur reply.......
8th June 2012, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

dear sir ,i am raj kamal after completion of my diploma in metallurgy now i am studying BA through distance education and now i am in 2nd year can i give IAS exam
6th August 2012, 05:38 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

You want to serve the nation which is really appreciable,..

But I would like to Inform you, you are not eligible yet for appear in this civil service examinations.Because, the minimum educational requirements for apply in civil service examination, you must possess at least a graduation degree,.
As you are in 2nd year, so you are not eligible yet.

Through this civil service examination, one can serve the nation in Indian administrative & police service.
This examination has three stages to be clear-
1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW..

Age limit for appear in this examination is 21-30 years for the general candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates...

Exam pattern of CSAT-

No. of optional subjects in CSAT & MAINS respectively..

Physical standards for the IAS exam-

Important dates for UPSC examinations in 2012-

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
6th August 2012, 05:40 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

You want to serve the nation which is really appreciable,..

But I would like to Inform you, you are not eligible yet for appear in this civil service examinations.Because, the minimum educational requirements for apply in civil service examination, you must possess at least a graduation degree,.
As you are in 2nd year, so you are not eligible yet.

Through this civil service examination, one can serve the nation in Indian administrative & police service.
This examination has three stages to be clear-
1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW..

Age limit for appear in this examination is 21-30 years for the general candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates...

Exam pattern of CSAT-

No. of optional subjects in CSAT & MAINS respectively..

Physical standards for the IAS exam-

Important dates for UPSC examinations in 2012-

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
6th August 2012, 07:11 PM
ad55

sorry but you are not elligible for it as you will be completing your graduation at the age of 33 if you belong to general or obc,but if you belong to sc/st categoru then yes you can go for it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?