23rd June 2011, 02:36 AM
geeta narula

Am I eligible for Ph.D if I have secured a second class in M.A(History Group)?

i have secured a second class in M.A.{HISTORY GROUP} am i eligible for phd

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Ph.D course?
  2. Eligibility to study PhD in Management in Pune University for a candidate who has secured 52.7% in M.Sc?
  3. Details of backlog and cutoff marks required in overall academics to apply in Off-Campus Interviews of TCS, Accenture, HCL and HP? Eligibility to apply?
  4. Am I eligible for the government job at just 52% in class 12th exam?
  5. Should I have to pursue M.Phil to study PhD in IT having secured 77% in M.Sc?
  6. Eligibility to do PhD for Sanskrit postgraduate with 60% marks?
  7. List of universities which offer PhD in Management course to MBA postgraduate who has work experience?
  8. Am I eligible to study PhD in India if secured 59.15% in B.Tech and 68.69% in M.Tech?
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completing B.Com and MBA?
  10. Am I eligible to study Integrated PhD if secured 51% in M.Com? List of colleges in India?
  11. Can i sit for iGATE placement with 65% marks in BE?
  12. Can I do part time PhD being an M.Sc(IT) postgraduate of IGNOU?
  13. Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D course through correspondence from IGNOU? I have 49.6% marks in M.Com
  14. Am I eligible to study PhD in Germany if secured 54% in B.Sc(Chemistry) and 61.2% in M.Sc?
  15. Am I eligible to do M.Phil/PhD while secured 55% in distance M.A.(Economics)? -- [New]
  16. Am I eligible for SSB Interview directly having secured 65% in 12th class with PCM?
  17. What is the TCS placement eligibility criteria?
  18. Am I eligible to study PhD in HR in Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad if secured 5.9 CGPA in MBA of ICFAI University?
23rd June 2011, 05:30 AM
dineshpandiyan

Smile Re: Am I eligible for Ph.D if I have secured a second class in M.A(History Group)?

The P.hd is studying in Part time and full time. It is also studying in abroad. The minimum Qualificationfor Studying P.hd are,
  • Any Degree or appropiate Master Degree
  • Minimum Grade point Average(GPA) 3.3 is Required.
23rd June 2011, 09:46 AM
Swastik9933

Default Re: Am I eligible for Ph.D if I have secured a second class in M.A(History Group)?

a student get supply(math) in 2nd semester,is he eligible for JELET?
23rd June 2011, 09:47 AM
Swastik9933

Default Re: Am I eligible for Ph.D if I have secured a second class in M.A(History Group)?

No you are not eligible for phd.
23rd June 2011, 03:42 PM
KARPAGAM NITHIYANANTHAM

hi friend,
yes....you are eligible for phd. for proceeding phd you need a related graduate degree in your hand. If you prefer for top colleges such as IIT,BIT,MIT,VIT,etc.. surely you need above 60% but for getting in some medium colleges, the second class mark itself enough for you and if suppose you want to prefer for top colleges you need to write an entrance exam and go for it.

all the best
23rd June 2011, 07:57 PM
Nitesh Gopal

Yes , First you have to appear in entrance exam
23rd June 2011, 10:26 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The basic qualification required for PH.D is a masters degree. Since you have a M.A you do satisfy the minimum requirement. But most of the institutes do mention the minimum marks the candidates should have to apply. Normally most of the institutes mention a minimum requirement of 55%. You need to check out the requirements in the university where you plan to apply.
26th June 2011, 11:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeta narula View Post
i have secured a second class in M.A.{HISTORY GROUP} am i eligible for phd

yess you are eligible for PHD degree.

because you have just completed you master degree. but you have to score just second division.

but this is not matter you have to chance for PHD programme.

you have to contact the college those college are provide PHD degree in history.

all the best
22nd April 2013, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

hello friends i have second class in b.tech and first class in m.tech am i eligible for phd
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?