13th August 2018, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for PhD after completing Post Graduation from Distance university?

I have completed my Post Graduation from distance university. Now, I want to pursue PhD course. But, I read somewhere that correspondence Masters degree are not accepted for pursuing PhD courses? Is it true? Am I eligible or not? Please, clarify.

Related Questions:
  1. Process to get admission for Ph.D course? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible for NET Exam after completing intermediate with 50% and graduation from distance with 65%?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completing B.Com and MBA?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in any course after completion of post graduation from distance mode?
  5. Am I eligible to do PhD through distance mode after completion graduation with 53 percentage?
  6. Eligibility to do B.Ed in Kerala after 43% in graduation and 50% in post graduation?
  7. Is it mandatory to study Post Graduation for doing PhD program?
  8. Can I get PhD(Geography) admission in Banaras Hindu University being a distance M.Phil postgraduate?
  9. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage?
  10. Eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D in Bengali after completion of post graduation in Sociology?
  11. Am I Eligible for PhD or will have to pursue Post Graduation Degree First?
  12. Is it possible to do post graduation in M.A with distance learning after B.A with 48% 10 years back?
  13. Am I eligible for PhD after post graduate diploma in education technology?
  14. Can I do Regular PhD if completed Distance M.A. in Psychology?
  15. Can I apply to study PhD in Finance through distance mode after completing BBA CA in regular mode and NAV Finance in distance mode?
  16. Am i eligible for a regular post graduation courses? What should i choose between MBA or M.Sc? I have done my B.Sc degree through distance learning program
  17. MCA Distance Learning candidate are eligible for full time PhD?
  18. Is it necessary to pursue Post Graduation to study PhD course?
14th August 2018, 10:42 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PhD after completing Post Graduation from Distance university?

=> Ph.D. stands for Doctor of Philosophy. The duration of this course is two years.

=> For this course candidate should have passed post graduation from a recognized university either it is regular of distance if you can impress with your knowledge and aptitude in pursuing a Doctoral Programme.

=> As per my knowledge, you are eligible for PhD after completing Post Graduation from Distance university.
14th August 2018, 10:55 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PhD after completing Post Graduation from Distance university?

No, it is not true that candidates from distance mode in PG are not eligible for admission in Ph.D course.

As candidate passed master degree with minimum 55% in distance or regular are eligible to appear in examination for admission in Ph.D course.
15th August 2018, 11:02 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Candidate passed master degree from a reongised university are eligible to appear in entrance examination for admission in Ph.D course.

The eligibility to get admission in Ph.D course is that candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55%. So, you are eligible for admission in the course after qualifying in entrance examination.
15th August 2018, 08:03 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes distance master degree or post degree qualification is valid to appear in examination for admission in Ph.D course.

So, you are eligible to get admission in Ph.D course. The required eligibility to get admission in Ph.D course is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university.
15th August 2018, 09:35 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that you are eligible to pursue Ph.D even after completing PG from distance mode.
But you have to clear entrance test first to get admission in any of the good colleges to pursue Ph.D.
15th August 2018, 10:48 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, for sure. You can pursue PhD course even after completing Master's degree from correspondence.

Eligibility to study PhD are as follows:-
Candidate must have completed Master's degree in any discipline with at least 55% aggregate from a recognized university.
30th July 2020, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for university assistant professor post after completing Post Graduation from Distance university after completing part time phd
?
5th August 2022, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Iam completed pg distance education I eligible not eligible PhD
16th June 2023, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

I passed my pg and ug in corres. Eligibility for phd
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?