26th December 2017, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for UPSC after graduation from distance?

I have completed my 10th, 12th and graduation from distance. Can I apply for UPSC exams? Please, clear my doubts.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for UPSC exams after graduating from distance education in one year?
  2. Whether B.Com distance education students are eligible for sudying MBA or not?
  3. Is it possible to do graduation without 10+2 from IGNOU? Am I eligible for UPSC exam after that?
  4. Am I eligible for PhD after completing Post Graduation from Distance university? -- [New]
  5. Can I be eligible for distance education after completing graduation in BBA with 47%?
  6. Eligibility to appear in UPSC exam for B.Sc with M.Sc student?
  7. Am I eligible for NET Exam after completing intermediate with 50% and graduation from distance with 65%?
  8. What is the requirement for IPS exam?
  9. Distance BE holder is eligible for UPSC interview or not?
  10. Am I eligible to do graduation at the age of 32 years?
  11. Am i eligible for a regular post graduation courses? What should i choose between MBA or M.Sc? I have done my B.Sc degree through distance learning program
  12. Am I eligible to pursue MBA in distance after passing B.Com?
  13. List of colleges in which i am eligible for MCA entrance exam? I have 55% marks in 12th, Now i m doing graduation through distance learning program
  14. Am I eligible for CTET exam if I have scored only 44% marks in Graduation?
  15. Which one is better for me from job point of view between BCA Distance and BCA Regular? Will I be eligible to apply for Bank, SSC, UPSC exam after BCA in distance mode?
  16. What is the process of applying to IAS? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. If I do B.Tech from distance learning am I eligible for UPSC exam
  18. Am i eligible for UPSC exam after my graduation? Minimum percentage required?
27th December 2017, 05:02 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UPSC after graduation from distance?

The full form of UPSC is Union Public Service Commission.

1. You can apply for different UPSC exams after completion of 10th, 12th and bachelor's degree in distance mode. The university from which you have done bachelor's degree should be approved by UGC and DEC.

2. You can apply for exams like Civil Services, CAPF exam, CDS exam etc.
27th December 2017, 05:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

UPSC refers to Union Public Service Commission and same is a commission rather than an examination that conducts various entrance examinations for recruitment of personnel as Central government employee in various fields.

As far as you are concerned about the recognition of degree courses completed in distance mode ( correspondence mode ) for appearing in UPSC examinations then I would like to let you know that distance mode degree courses are valid for UPSC examinations provided the board of education for Class 10th and Class 12th and university for degree courses are approved by the concerned body.

For details and updates regarding UPSC examinations you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
27th December 2017, 06:16 PM
NeptuneSpear

Yes, you are eligible to apply for UPSC exams. Whether it is a regular degree or a distance one considered same in case of any government exams.
UPSC takes following exams where a normal distance degree in any stream will work :

1)Civil Services Examination
2)Combined Defence Services
3)Central Armed Police Force (Asst. Commandant)
4)Enforcement Officer Exam
27th December 2017, 06:31 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UPSC Civil Service examination. The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have completed degree in distance or regular course.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

So, no doubt you are eligible to appear in examination and after qualifying in all three stages of examination will become eligible for final recruitment.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th December 2017, 06:52 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes sure you are eligible for UPSC/ Civil Services Exam. If you complete graduation from any field from a recognised university then you are eligible. No matters either your graduation course is from distance/Correspondence or from regular scheme.
27th December 2017, 08:19 PM
ravinayadav256

Eligibility for UPSC exam:-

Student must have passed a bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

If you have 3 years bachelor degree then you are eligible for UPSC exam.

So best of luck ...you are eligible for UPSC exam.

Age limit:-

Minimum 21 years to maximum 32 years.

Upper age relaxation for SC/CT is 5 years.
For OBC is 3 years

Number of attempts is 6 for general candidates
Number of attempts is 9 for OBC candidates
Number of attempts is unlimited for SC/CT.
27th December 2017, 08:26 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The various Union Public Service Commission examination conducted are:

1. Civil Services examination.

2. Combined Defence Services exam.

3. Central Armed Police Force exam etc.

Distance bachelor's degree candidates can apply for Union Public Service Commission exams mentioned above. The age limit is 21-32 years for Civil Services examination.
27th December 2017, 09:15 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge, you are eligible to appear in civil services examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. If you have completed your graduation from distance education then you are eligible for whatever exam you want to appear.
27th December 2017, 11:23 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in examination. Candidate passed in regular or distance from a recognised university are eligible.

So, you can apply for examination but for final selection you have to qualify in various stages of examination.

UPSC conducts many examination. So, to get syllabus and other detail about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
28th December 2017, 09:48 AM
nishanth60

Yes, As you have completed your Graduation, you are definitely eligible to apply for UPSC exam.
Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services Examination every year to recruit the candidates for administrative and police services.
Eligibility for UPSC exam :
-> Graduation or equivalent examination in any stream from government recognised institution or university is required to apply for this exam. Final year degree students are also eligible to apply.
# Age limit for this exam:
* 21-32 years for General category
* 21-35 years of OBC candidates
* 21-37 years for SC, ST candidates and ex-servicemen.
# Number of attempts allowed :
* 6 for General candidates
* 9 for OBC category
* No such limit for SC and ST category candidates.
# Selection process of this exam is preliminary exam, main exam and personal interview
* Preliminary exam is screening test and is of objective type and is conducted in 2 papers(General studies and aptitude)
* Main exam is descriptive type and is conducted in 9 papers
* Personal interview will be conducted to the candidates who qualified in main examination.
28th December 2017, 01:36 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Yes if you have completed graduation from distance mode , you are eligible for the UPSC examination . Make sure that you have no backlogs in any of the subjects.

More eligibility patterns
** Age limit of the candidate should be within 21 years to 32 years.
** Candidate should have completed graduation from any central, state or deemed university.
** For general category number of attempts is 6 and for OBC its 9
28th December 2017, 09:36 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for UPSC examination after completion of your graduation through distance mode. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for UPSC examination. The age criteria required to apply for UPSC examination is 21 to 30 years for most of the posts. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules to apply for UPSC examination.
28th December 2017, 09:48 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

UPSC is a examination conducting body and conducts entrance test for recruitment in various service.

The required eligibility to appear in examination varies with examination. But for appearing in Civil Service examination ( most common examination ) the eligibility is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you are eligible to appear in it if you have passed bachelor degree in distance mode.

The age limit is 21-32 years.

The official website of UPSC is www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?