5th August 2011, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for UPSC exam after completing my B.Com? Requirements for the exam?

Am i eligible to appear in the UPSC Exams after completing my B.Com? What are the requirements for the examination?

13th October 2011, 06:09 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am i eligible for UPSC exam after completing my B.Com? Requirements for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am i eligible to appear in the UPSC Exams after completing my B.Com? What are the requirements for the examination?
UPSC Exams

UPSC : Union Public Service Commission.
This is the constitutional body which conducts various exams and selections for the right personnel into the right positions.
Because they will lead our country forward/backward.

So utmost care is taken in the selection part by UPSC.

The Following exams are conducted for indian citizens by UPSC.

->UPSC NDA : National defence academy. This is for 12th science students as you have already completed your 12th long back its not at all useful for you. Just for information sake I have written this.

->UPSC Civil Service exam :
The aspirants of IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS etc etc.., should clear this examination to fulfill their dreams. Not only these top services some of the Group A and B services will also recruits personnel based on this UPSC Civil Service exam rank.
The qualification for this is a degree from any discipline.

->UPSC CDS : Combined Defense services.

Many persons will be recruited into Army,Navy,Ariforce based on this rank , The educational qualification for this is a degree from any discipline.
For most of the UPSC exams you should attain minimum age of 21 years of age and should not exceed 30 years of age.

also,
there are many more UPSC Exams but you may not be eligible for them for example like ISS,IES,IFS(indian forest services),CMS(Combined Medical Services).

So you can apply for these exams and get an opportunity to serve your country(India).

All the best for your future

Regards
13th October 2011, 06:30 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am i eligible for UPSC exam after completing my B.Com? Requirements for the exam?

UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION

THIS commission conducts so many entrance exams such as-
1.IAS
2.IPS
3.IFS
4.CDSE etc etc.....

for appear in these exam syou must have to complete your graduation from a recognized college.

the age limit for this exam is 21-30(for CDS ,its 19-24), there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxations are applicable for SC\ST & OBC candidates, respectively.

thanks!!!
13th October 2011, 06:56 PM
neha bh

Default Re: Am i eligible for UPSC exam after completing my B.Com? Requirements for the exam?

UPSC 2012 Exam Schedule

Programme of UPSC Examinations to be held in the year 2012

Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination I, 2012
Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 29.10.2011/28 November 2011
Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 12 FEBRUARY 2011(One day)
The online application can be filled up to 28 November 2011 till 11.59 p.m. after which the link will be disabled
Minimum academic qualifications prescribed:
(i) For IMA and OTA: Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
(ii) For Naval Academy: B.Sc. (with Physics & Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
(iii) For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (I), 2012
Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications:31st December 2011/ 30th January 2012
Date of Commencement of examination and its duration:15th April 2012 (One day)
Minimum academic qualifications prescribed:
(i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Age Limits: 16 ½ - 19 years

Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination, 2012 Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 26.03.2011/25.04.2011
Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 31.07.2011 (One day)
Minimum academic qualifications prescribed: Intermediate or Senior Secondary (12 years) Examination under 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Mathematics and at least one of the subject Physics & Chemistry as subjects of the Examination in Ist or IInd Division.
Age Limits: 17-21 years as on 01.08.2011
Remarks: Candidates appearing at the Intermediate/Senior Secondary (12 years) examination under 10+2 pattern of School Education/1st year of the 3 years degree course or equivalent examination with the prescribed subjects also eligible subject to certain conditions.

UPSC Indian Forest Service (IFS) Examination, 2012
Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications19th March, 2011/25th April, 2011
Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 09th July, 2011
Minimum academic qualifications prescribed: A Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Sciences, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or forestry or Engineering of a recognised University or equivalent.
Age Limits: 21-30 years as on 01.07.2011
Remarks: Candidates appearing at the degree examination (with prescribed subjects) also eligible to compete subject to certain conditions.

UPSC Geologists’ Examination, 2012
Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 13.08.2011/12.09.2011
Date of Commencement of examination : 03.12.2011
Minimum academic qualifications prescribed: A candidate must hold (i) Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology; or (ii) Master’s degree in Mineral Exploration (for posts in Geological Survey of India only), or (iii) Master’s degree in Hydrogeology (for posts in central ground water board only) from a recognized university; or (iv) Diploma of Associateship in Applied Geology of the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
Age Limits: 21-32 years as on 01.01.2011

UPSC Civil Service (Preliminary) Examination, 2012
Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 19.2.2011 - 21/03/2011
Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 12th June , 2011 (One day)

UPSC Engineering Services Examination, 2012
Date of Notification Application /Last date for receipt of applications: 8th January, 2011 to 14th February, 2011 (Offline)
Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 14th May, 2011
Minimum academic qualifications prescribed: A degree in Engineering from a recognised University or equivalent. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subject acceptable for certain Services/posts only.
Age Limits: 21-30 years as on 01.08.2011
Remarks: Candidates appearing at Engineering degree or equivalent examination also eligible to compete subject to certain conditions.

UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination, 2012
Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 11.09.2010/18.10.2010
Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 16.01.2010 (One day)
Minimum academic qualifications prescribed: M.B.B.S. Degree
Age Limits: Below 32 years as on 01.01.2011
Remarks: Candidates appearing at the final M.B.B.S. Examination also eligible to compete subject to certain conditions. Selected candidates will be appointed only after they have completed compulsory rotating internship.

Indian Economic/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2012
Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 05.06.2010/05.07.2010
Date of Commencement of examination : 4th December, 2010Minimum educational qualifications: A candidate for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics and a candidate for the Indian Statistical must have obtained a post-graduate degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or a foreign university approved by the central govt. from time to time Age Limits: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st January, 2010, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1980 and not later than 1st January, 1989
Remarks: Candidates appearing at the Post-graduate degree or equivalent examination in the relevant disciplines also eligible to compete subject to certain conditions.

regards
neha
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 37 views)
13th October 2011, 07:04 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

DEAR FRIEND ,

yes for sure you are eligible for the different services of the UPSC ( union service public commission ) like IAS , IPS , IRS , IAFA , IFS , CDS ,etc

minimum requirement to appear in the different services of the UPSC is that the candidate should have completed graduation and he or she must be between 21 to 30 years.
there is relaxation of the 3 and 5 years from the upper age limit for the candidates belongs to the category OBC and SC/ST respectively.

to know more about the upsc exam and its different services kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

and for the different tyoes of application forms of the upsc exams kindly visit the website
www.upsconline.com

for the information about the reference books kindly visit the website www.upscportal.com

thanks
13th October 2011, 07:20 PM
goutambiswas87

hellow,
Yes,you are eligible for UPSC.
For this exam you should have min 60% marks in your degree.
Age limit should be 21 to 30 (OBC and SC/ST canditates have relaxsation).

All the best.
13th October 2011, 07:57 PM
raju bhai

Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees.

Age Limit

A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.

Nationality

Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.

thanks
13th October 2011, 10:05 PM
jevirsinh

Hello friend.

UPSC conducts many exam... Based upon your interest and dream and can follow any exam...

Some of the exams are :---

RRB(Railway recruitment board)
CSAT(includes most of the jobs like IAS,IPS , IFS AND many more.,,)
CDS

The following are the eligibility criteria for the application of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Examination

1. Nationality
2. Age Limits
3. Minimum Educational Qualifications
4. Number of attempts
5. Restrictions on applying for the examination
6. Physical Standards

1. Nationality

1. For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. For other services, a candidate must be either:
1. A citizen of India, or
2. a subject of Nepal, or
3. a subject of Bhutan, or

2. Age Limits

1. A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2010, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.
2. The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
1. upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
2. upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
3. upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
4. upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof:

3. Minimum Educational Qualifications

The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

4. Number of attempts

Every candidate appearing at the Civil Services Examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted four attempts at the examination.

Provided that this restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates who are otherwise eligible.

Provided further that the number of attempts permissible to candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes, who are otherwise eligible, shall be seven. This relaxation will be available to the candidates who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

5. Restrictions on applying for the examination

6. Physical Standards

Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination
13th October 2011, 10:11 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello friend,
The Union Public Service Commission conducts various examinations and as per you qualification, you may apply for the following exams:

Civil Service Exam- If you want to be an IPS or an IAS officer, you may appear for the exam. Besides being a graduate, you need to be within the age limit of 21-30 years. A graduate in any discipline may write the exam.

Combined Defense Service Exam for Indian Army- You are also eligible to join the Indian Military Academy provided you are within the age limit of 19-24 years.

Central Police Force Exam- You may write the exam to join then central police force of India. To be eligible, apart from being a graduate in any discipline, you must be within the age limit of 20-25 years.

For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
13th October 2011, 10:11 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am i eligible for UPSC exam after completing my B.Com? Requirements for the exam?

Quote:

Eligibility For Civil Service Exams

According to the UPSC guidelines..a candidate must satisfy the following criterion to appear for the Civil Service Exam :-

1) You need to be a graduate or a final year graduation student in any stream from an AICTE or UGC recognized University..

2) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general category is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

Exam Pattern :-

There are 2 rounds for clearing this exam

1) Prelims :- This round..also known as Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT) has 2 objective papers which will test your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude..

2) Mains :- If you clear the Prelims,then you shall qualify for the Mains where you will face nine papers..where your knowledge of your graduation subjects shall be tested..

If you clear both the rounds..you shall be called for the interview and the final selection..

NOTE :- There is no restriction on the percentage you score in your graduation..a mere graduation degree is sufficient for letting you to appear in the Civil Service Exams

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
2nd November 2011, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Am i eligible for UPSC exam after completing my B.Com? Requirements for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya436 View Post
UPSC Exams

UPSC : Union Public Service Commission.
This is the constitutional body which conducts various exams and selections for the right personnel into the right positions.
Because they will lead our country forward/backward.

So utmost care is taken in the selection part by UPSC.

The Following exams are conducted for indian citizens by UPSC.

->UPSC NDA : National defence academy. This is for 12th science students as you have already completed your 12th long back its not at all useful for you. Just for information sake I have written this.

->UPSC Civil Service exam :
The aspirants of IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS etc etc.., should clear this examination to fulfill their dreams. Not only these top services some of the Group A and B services will also recruits personnel based on this UPSC Civil Service exam rank.
The qualification for this is a degree from any discipline.

->UPSC CDS : Combined Defense services.

Many persons will be recruited into Army,Navy,Ariforce based on this rank , The educational qualification for this is a degree from any discipline.
For most of the UPSC exams you should attain minimum age of 21 years of age and should not exceed 30 years of age.

also,
there are many more UPSC Exams but you may not be eligible for them for example like ISS,IES,IFS(indian forest services),CMS(Combined Medical Services).

So you can apply for these exams and get an opportunity to serve your country(India).

All the best for your future

Regards
-------------------------------------------------
What is the criteria for Promotion in Military in have heard that for promotion we need to hav a science background(Physics)......... i m a B.com graduate
plz reply fast.
2nd November 2011, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

What is the criteria for Promotion in Indian Military in have heard that for promotion we need to hav a science background(Physics)......... i m a B.com graduate
plz reply fast.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?