12th October 2011, 12:51 AM
flamebala

Am I eligible for UPSC Exam having secured 49% in 10th, 53% in 12th and 58% in UG and being a candidate of SC category with an age of 28 years?

MY age 28.... im belongs to sc candidate..
10th - 49%
12th - 53%
UG - 58%

im eligible for attend upsc or not........

13th October 2011, 07:37 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for UPSC Exam having secured 49% in 10th, 53% in 12th and 58% in UG and being a candidate of SC category with an age of 28 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamebala View Post
10th - 49%
12th - 53%
UG - 58%

If your sense of UPSC is Civil Service exam then here are the details.
Yes you are eligible for the examination in order to appear in Civil Service examination to become IPS/IAS/IFS etc service officers

Quote:
Required qualification in terms of percentages are
you should be having cleared till your Graduation without any standing backlogs there is no consideration of percentage cutoffs.
because UPSC looks for the persons who have an attitude to serve the country not the percentages in marks.
So after reading the above statement you can be clear that you are eligible for USPC Civil Service Exam with your low percentages in 10th,12th and Graduation.

Coming to age criteria
->you should have a minimum of 21 years of age.
->and should not exceed 30 years of age.

as you already have 28 years of age you can apply for this examination now.

As per your SC reservation also you have 5 years of relaxation in your upper age limit.

so you are eligible to apply for UPSC CSE exam till 35 years of age.

Now don't keep any confusions in your mind and appear in civil service exam.

for your information check the UPSC website here in this link
www.upsc.gov.in

and also conform my above details with the previous year notification which I'm going to upload in the end of this post.

all the best for your preparation

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Noti....pdf(346.2 KB, 59 views)
13th October 2011, 09:20 PM
g m bhagya

Default Re: Am I eligible for UPSC Exam having secured 49% in 10th, 53% in 12th and 58% in UG and being a candidate of SC category with an age of 28 years?

Quote:
10th - 49%
12th - 53%
UG - 58%

Any candidate who has completed his or her degree can appear for upsc.Only you have to study hard thats all.All the best
13th October 2011, 09:44 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for UPSC Exam having secured 49% in 10th, 53% in 12th and 58% in UG and being a candidate of SC category with an age of 28 years?

Quote:
10th - 49%
12th - 53%
UG - 58%

Eligibility for UPSC Civil Service Exams

In order to appear for the UPSC Civil Service Exams..you need to fulfill the following conditions :-

1) You should be a graduate or a final year graduation student from an AICTE or UGC recognized University

2) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts permitted for the general category is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit

Exam Pattern :-

There are 2 rounds for clearing this exam

1) Prelims :- This round..also known as Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT) has 2 objective papers which will test your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude..

2) Mains :- If you clear the Prelims,then you shall qualify for the Mains where you will face nine papers..where your knowledge of your graduation subjects shall be tested..

If you clear both the rounds..you shall be called for the interview and the final selection..

NOTE :- There is no constraint of percentage in case Civil Service Exams..you just need to have the graduation degree along with you..that is all you need to appear for the Civil Service Exams..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
16th December 2012, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for UPSC Exam having secured 49% in 10th, 53% in 12th and 58% in UG and being a candidate of SC category with an age of 28 years?

Is a 2nd division and having backs in B.tech graduation , a candidate is eligible to apply for IAS ,IPS OR other civil service's exams...........plz answer quick ?? ......nd thanks :):)
16th December 2012, 08:33 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There are different type of UPSC exams, you have not specified any one to seek information about that. However as you have completed Graduation degree, you would have asked about Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year to become IAS/IPS/IES/IFS officer.

For your information, there is no percentage of marks criteria required in any level of education for application to Civil Service Exam.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate such as for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate up to 3 years.

So as per your academic qualification and age, you are eligible for Civil Service exam and there is no restriction on the number of attempts to CS exam as allowed in case of SC/ST candidate.

for more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th December 2012, 04:37 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You should be more specific when talking about Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exam. There are various entrance exams that are conducted by the UPSC.This includes Civil Service Examination, Indian Engineering Service etc.

Assuming you are talking about Civil Service Exam which is conducted for IAS/IPS/IFS etc. my answer would be yes you can appear for it. One should not be worried about marks obtained in 10th, 12th and under graduation course if applying for Civil Service Examination.

This is not an issue when applying for the exam. There is no minimum percentage criteria for the entrance exam. You can simply appear for IPS or IAS entrance exam if completed graduation in any stream.

Therefore the simple answer would be that yes you are eligible for the Civil Service Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. Please ensure that you meet the following criteria.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian national.

2. A bachelor degree from any recognized university.

3. There is no minimum percentage criteria.

4. The age limit to apply is 21 to 30 years.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. SC/ST are given 5 years relaxation.

Exam Pattern

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview

Number of Attempts

1. General - 4

2. OBC - 7

3. SC/ST - no restriction
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?