14th November 2015, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Architecture course after B.Tech (Civil Engineering) is possible? Colleges offering this course?

I am a B-Tech (Civil Engineering) student, after completing my B-Tech I wish to do the course of Architecture. Please give the details of courses, eligibility and the colleges who offer the courses.

Related Questions:
  1. How to do a career in civil engineering?
  2. Architecture course after B.Tech (Civil Engineering) is possible? Colleges offering this course? -- [New]
  3. List of colleges offering dual degree in civil engineering and architecture?
  4. Can I do Architecture after doing BE Civil? Colleges which offer such courses?
  5. Possibility to pursue M.Tech in Architecture for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) final year student? List of colleges with admission procedure?
  6. Colleges in South India offering B.Tech Architecture Engineering 4 years course?
  7. Eligibility for Architecture course after B.Tech in Civil engineering? What is the duration?
  8. Which is better between diploma in Civil and Diploma in Architecture? Any university offering this course?
  9. Entrance exams for master degree in architecture after B.Tech. in Civil Engineering
  10. Can I get admission in Lateral B.Tech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Architecture?
  11. Which are the colleges in South India offering Architecture course?
  12. List of the colleges offering B.Tech in civil engineering?
  13. Which private college can i get in India for B.Arch with AIEEE?
  14. Are there any colleges in Dubai Offering Part-time Degree in Civil Engineering for Ladies after completing diploma in Civil Engineering?
  15. Is it possible to get a seat in Civil/Architecture after securing 62 in B.Tech and 33 in B.Arch in Meghalaya?
  16. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  17. WHICH IS BETTER B. Arch (Architecture) or B. Tech (Civil/ Mechanical engineering) ? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Correspondence courses from Abroad equivalent to Architecture for Civil engineer with 21 years work experience?
14th November 2015, 05:48 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Architecture course after B.Tech (Civil Engineering) is possible? Colleges offering this course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a B-Tech (Civil Engineering) student, after completing my B-Tech I wish to do the course of Architecture. Please give the details of courses, eligibility and the colleges who offer the courses.
After B.Tech Civil Engineering, you can pursue post graduate course in Architecture i.e. M.Tech in Architecture.
  • Aayojan School of Architecture, Jaipur
  • Accurate Institute of Management & Technology, Noida
  • Allana College of Architecture, Pune
  • Amrapali Institute of Management & Computer Applications, Haldwani
  • Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science & Technology, Sonipat
  • Jadavpur University, Kolkata
  • Smt. Manoramabai Mundle College of Architecture, Nagpur
  • Acharya NRV School of Architecture, Bangalore
  • Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Krishnagiri

Entrance to M.Tech in Architecture Engineering is based on GATE Scores or NATA Exam.

In some colleges, admission is also based on JEE Main and Advanced Exam.

Duration of the course is 2 years consisting 4 semesters.
14th November 2015, 06:44 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Architecture course after B.Tech (Civil Engineering) is possible? Colleges offering this course?

A candidate can not go for the B.Arch after the civil engineering but after the B.tech in civil engineering a candidate can apply for the M.Arch because a candidate having the civil engineering background in B.tech can apply for the M.Arch.

Colleges offering this course are-

>> Indian institute of technology, Roorkee
Uttrakhand

>> School of planning and architecture, Delhi
Delhi NCR

>> Indian institute of engineering science and technology, west Bengal

>> Maulana Azad National institute of technology, Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh

>> Sir JJ college of Architecture, Mumbai
Maharashtra

>> National Institute of Technology, Patna
Bihar

>> Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
Punjab

>> National Institute of technology, Hamirpur
Himachal Pradesh

>> BMS college of engineering, Bangalore
Karnataka

>> Satyabama University, Chennai
Tamil Nadu

>> Hindustan University, Chennai
Tamil Nadu

>> RV college of engineering, Bangalore
Karnataka
14th November 2015, 09:25 PM
ant man

Yo can M.Arch course after completing B.Tech civil engineering course.

To do M.Arch you must write the GATE exam which is conducted every year. The score card of gate is valid for 3 years.

The basic eligibility for GATE is
1. All the B.E/B.Tech, B.Arch candidates are eligible for applying GATE exam.
2. There is no age limit for applying for GATE
3. If you are applying for top colleges then you must have minimum 60% marks in the qualifying degree otherwise not required.

The specialization in M.Arch courses you can apply are
1. M.Arch. Real Estate Development
2. M.Arch. Environmental Architecture
Even you can do 3. M.Plan. course
15th November 2015, 08:35 AM
skhawking

Dear,
Yes of course,you can pursue an architecture course after completing B.Tech from any trade.
The only thing that you need to do is to crack GATE examination which is given just after completing B.tech.
But for seating in GATE exams,there are some eligibility requirements that is must needed.
Following are the eligibility requirements for the GATE examination;

*1)B.E,B.tech or B.Arch with a minimum of 60% marks if you're thinking to get admission in a top government college.
*2) Generally, there is no age limit for GATE examination.

So,there is nothing special in the eligibility section for GATE.

After qualifying GATE you have to choose M.Arch course for pursuing your further interest in Architecture. M.Arch is the master degree for Architecture and it's a 2 year course consist of 4 semesters.

So that's it.
I hope it will help you.
16th November 2015, 12:33 AM
Mohit.Bansal

Yes, you can do M.Arch(Masters in Architecture) after completing B.Tech with Civil Enginerring.

For M.Arch you have to clear GATE exam after B.Tech.

For Gate exam you must have completed B.Tech with minimum 60% Marks.

The gate score card will be valid for 3 years.

Colleges that offers M.Arch-

>> IIT
>> NIT
>> BIT
>> LPU
15th November 2019, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETED MY B.TECH (CIVIL ENGINEERING).
NOW,I WANT TO DO ARCHITECT WORK LIKE OFFICE WORK(PLANNING,ESTIMATION AND COASTING,BUILDER ETC)
PLEASE SUGGEST ME THE BEST WHAT WILL I DO NOW.
10th January 2020, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance exam for M. Arch only GATE are any other exam... Pls suggest me..... I want to know
15th March 2020, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

If I haven't get 60% in BE then we are not eligible for taking gate examor we could also apply to that.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?