25th December 2018, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Are B.Com candidates allowed for MPSC? What is the maximum age criteria?

Sir, I'm 38 years old MCGM employee, from OBC category, 12th pass & appeared for TY B.Com. Can I appear for MPSC? And, what is the age limit?Please guide me. Thank you

29th December 2018, 12:22 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are B.Com candidates allowed for MPSC? What is the maximum age criteria?

As per eligibility criteria for MPSC Exam, candidate must have following age as per standards.
  • General: 18-33 years
  • OBC: 18-35 years
  • SC/ST/NT: 18-38 years

As you are an OBC category candidate, and your age is 38 years so now you cannot apply for MPSC Exam.
30th December 2018, 12:23 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are B.Com candidates allowed for MPSC? What is the maximum age criteria?

MPSC refers to Maharashtra Public Service Commission and to appear in the MPSC state services examination the minimum education required is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Also, the upper age limit to apply for the same examination is 38 years in case of general category candidates which is relaxed as per the government norms in case of candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, being a student third year of B.Com degree and 38 years old OBC category candidate, you are eligible to apply for MPSC state services examination.

For more details regarding the MPSC examination, you can refer to the link www.mpsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?