21st June 2020, 12:58 PM
Sonireetu

Is B.Ed qualification required for the post of Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)?

Hi, I have completed my BE followed by ME as well. So, now am I eligible for the post of Post Graduate Teacher or PGT? Or, do I need to do B.Ed as well? Is B.Ed mandatory for PGT?

26th June 2020, 12:47 AM
Sujathadanala

Default Re: Is B.Ed qualification required for the post of Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)?

Hi, B. Ed is not mandatory for PGT post, but if B. Ed is completed this will put us in front option in selection process.
Here am providing some information about the requirements for PGT post.

Education:*Intermediate with 50% marks.

Other Qualification:

Pass in CTET Exam.Proficiency in teching in both English and Hindi.Computer knowledge.

PGT (Post Graduate Teacher):

Age limit:*Below 40 years.
Education:

MSc *or PG Degree with minimum 50% marks in the related subject (English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Sanskrit, Economics, Commerce, Biology, History , Geography etc.,)

Essential Skills:
(a) Proficiency in teaching in English and Hindi languages is required.
(b) Basic knowledge of computer applications.
Hope this information will help you..

All the best...
25th September 2020, 01:44 AM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is B.Ed qualification required for the post of Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonireetu View Post
Hi, I have completed my BE followed by ME as well. So, now am I eligible for the post of Post Graduate Teacher or PGT? Or, do I need to do B.Ed as well? Is B.Ed mandatory for PGT?
As most of the schools have made B. ed as compulsory for teaching classes 11 and 12 ,if the candidate does not had B.E degree then there would be less salary.

Yes ,for PGT B.Ed and post graduation degree are must along wit CTET valid score card to get job in government.

B.Ed and CTET score card enhances the post and salary packages with the gain in experience.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?