10th February 2016, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

B.Sc Chemistry qualification is enough for a girl to join Air Force?

I am BSC Chemistry qualification and my ambition is to join the airforce but I am girl so family is fixed with a degree qualification, so my education qualification is same with the airforce job.

10th February 2016, 07:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Sc Chemistry qualification is enough for a girl to join Air Force?

If you want to join Indian Air Force, you can apply for entrance exams like Air Force Common Admission Test or Combined Defence Services exam.

With bachelor's degree in Chemistry, you are eligible to apply for both exams. The age limit for Air Force is 19-23 years.

Your will be eligible for Flying branch and Ground Duty Branch of Air Force.
10th February 2016, 08:57 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Sc Chemistry qualification is enough for a girl to join Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am BSC Chemistry qualification and my ambition is to join the airforce but I am girl so family is fixed with a degree qualification, so my education qualification is same with the airforce job.
For joining the candidate have to apply for AFCAT Exam.

AFCAT Exam is conducted by Air Force Exam conducting authority of India every year.

Males as well as Female candidates can apply for AFCAT Exam.

But you must have completed your Bacehlor course in Engineering to be eligible for FLYING BRANCH or TECHNICAL BRANCH.

If you wish to apply for GROUND DUTY Branch, then you must have completed your Post Graduation.

If you wish to appear in next AFCAT Exam, then you can apply through www.careerairforce.nic.in after the release of Notifications for next AFCAT Exam.

Academic Qualification and Age Criteria are as follows:

FLYING BRANCH:

>> Graduation in B.E./B.Tech

>> Physics and Mathematics in 10+2 with minimum 60% marks in each subject.

>> Age: 19-23 years.

TECHNICAL BRANCH:

>> Graduation in B.E./B.Tech through Aeronautical Engineering Branch

>> Age: 18-28 years.

GROUND DUTY BRANCH:

>> For Graduates: Age Limit is 20-23 years.

>> For Post Graduates/LLB (Five years integrated course): Age Limit is 20-25 years.

>> For LLB (Three years course after Graduation): Age Limit is 20 to 26 years.

>> For M.Ed/Ph.D/CA/ICWA: Age Limit is 20 to 27 years.
10th February 2016, 09:31 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes with this qualification you are eligible to give the CDS Examination. CDS exam stands for Combined Defence Services Examination and this exam is conducted by UPSC. This exam is for those interested male and female candidates who wants to join Indian armed forces i.e. Army, Air Force and Navy and officers training academy. Female candidates are eligible to only apply for the OTA Wing.

Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You must be an Indian.
  • For Army wing you need to have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institute.
  • For navy wing you need to have a degree in Engineering.
  • For air force wing you need to have a a degree from a recognized university or bachelor’s degree in engineering or you need to have physics or mathematics at graduation level.
  • For Officer's training wing you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice.
Age Criteria:-
  • Indian Military Academy: 21 – 23 Years
  • Indian Naval Academy: 21 – 22 Years
  • Indian Air Force Academy: 21 – 22 Years
  • Officers Training Academy : 21 – 24 Years
For more information please click on this link: http://www.upsc.gov.in/
10th February 2016, 09:52 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidate with B.Sc degree are eligible to appear for CDS examination for recruitment in Indian Air Force.

The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in both the stages for final selection.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate must have Physics and Mathematics or B.Tech/B.E from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 19-23 years.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
11th February 2016, 12:49 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
As per educational qualification, you are not eligible for Indian Air Force exam through CDS exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Air Force Academy: - 19-23 years
11th February 2016, 10:58 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes. You can apply for Indian Air Force as you have completed your graduation in B.sc.

Eligibility For Women

Education Qualification
You must have passed bachelor's degree in any stream for Ground Duty and have passed aeronautical engineering for Technical Branch and have passed any stream with Physics & Maths subject at (10+2) level.

Age Limit
20 to 26 years for ground duty and flying branch & 20 to 24 years for technical branch on 2nd January of the examination year.

Physical Requirement
Your height should be atleast 152.5 cm for ground duty and technical branch & 162.5 for flying branch.

AFCAT Important Dates
- Online Forms Available From : 05/12/2015
- Online Application Last Date : 31/12/2015
- AFCAT Exam : 21/02/2016
11th February 2016, 11:44 AM
pabolu srivalli

As you are a graduate you can join in the India Air force but you should have completed your 12th with Mathematics and Physics back ground in order to enter in to the IAF

There are some certain eligibility criteria available for joining in the India Air force and some of the basic criteria are
  1. Should have completed your bachelor degree in any discipline with 12th in Mathematics and Physics background
  2. Should have attained 19 years and not exceed 23 years
  3. Should belong to the citizen of India and not married

These are the main basic eligibility required to appear for Indian Air force

As a girl you can appear for the short service commission vacancy and you can appear for this vacancy only if you satisfy the above mentioned eligibility criteria,then you can appear for it

If you wish to join in the technical flying branch then you can appear for it only through the Aeronautical engineering only
11th February 2016, 01:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Of course you can apply for Air Force since you are a graduate in chemistry.
You can apply for AFCAT( Air Force Common Admission Test)

This exam includes three branches and the following are
Technical branch
Flying branch
Ground duty branch
11th February 2016, 01:57 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to serve in Indian Airforce after graduation then you have to appear in AFCAT exam.
A candidate must have done graduation in science stream with minimum 60% marks.
Age limit should be in between 19 to 24 years.
You can enter into Technical Branch, flying branch or Ground Duty Branch etc.
21st July 2018, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

I am bsc chemistry student. Its my last year. I have math and physics subjects at my 1st and 2nd year. Also I have scored 60 marks at my 12th exam.But here I take chemistry special at third year of bsc. Can I apply for air force cat exam. And how is it?
10th April 2019, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Iam in bsc chemistry major and i have passed my class 12 with less than marks 60% marks in physics and mathematics. Can i still apply for flying branch
17th August 2019, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

I am a bsc student i want to join air force then what can i do
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?