24th July 2017, 10:12 AM
Mkguptagupta

B.Sc Physics Honors with aggregate 58% is eligible for SSC Meteorological Assistant post?

Sir, I have completed B.Sc Physics Honors but I got only 61 percent in Honors paper and aggregate 58%. Am I eligible for SSC Meteorological Assistant post?

Related Questions:
  1. Exam conducted by SSC for India Meteorological Department for the post of Scientific Assistant? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible for SSC CGL if I am a student of BSc honors
  3. Difference between Maths Honors and Physics Honors in Bsc?
  4. Am I eligible for IIT JAM exam after scoring 53% aggregate with 64% in Physics Honors? What can I do for masters degree in Physics?
  5. How to become a Scientific Assistant in Indian Meteorological Department?
  6. For which PG degree am I eligible after passing BSc from DU? Can I do Honors course after BSc or BSc Physics Science?
  7. AM I eligible for Assistant Teacher post in WBJEE after completing 3 years BSc in computer application(Vocational)?
  8. How to get admission in BSc Honors in Physics? When are the forms going to be released?
  9. Can I government job after completing B.Sc in Physics honors?
  10. Which are the universities in India offering BSc honors? I have passed class 12th with 85%
  11. What is the scope of BSc Honors in Maths, Physics, Chemistry?
  12. Am I eligible for west bengal SSC for the post of Assistant Teacher of Computer Application or Science?
  13. B.Sc in Physics honors in US after 12th?
  14. How to take BSc Honors degree from CMJ university? Is it regular or correspondence? Is it valid for government job? Can I attend UPSC or SSC?
  15. Am I eligible for BSc computer science after scoring 69% in Aggregate in Physics
  16. How to join Meteorological Department of Defense after BSc Physics?
  17. How to know about the exam date and roll number by staff selection commission in IMD for the post of scientific assistant?
  18. Am I eligible for B.Ed to become a teacher after completing BSc Statistics
30th July 2017, 04:49 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Sc Physics Honors with aggregate 58% is eligible for SSC Meteorological Assistant post?

No, you are not eligible to appear in SSC Scientific Assistant examination conducted for recruitment in IMD.

The eligibility to appear in examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in Science ( with physics as main paper ),IT or Computer Science.

The age limit is 30 years as on 4th August 2017.

The minimum required aggregate is 60% or 6.5 CGPA.

So, you will be not eligible to appear for examination. The last date to apply for examination is August 8.

For detail information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
30th July 2017, 05:29 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: B.Sc Physics Honors with aggregate 58% is eligible for SSC Meteorological Assistant post?

The eligibility criteria for SSC Meterological Assistant Post :

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in Science as Physics as one of the subject or diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

Age limit : Maximum 30 years on 4th August, 2017.

Bachelor of Science in Physics Honours can apply for this examination. You are eligible after scoring 58% marks.
30th July 2017, 07:10 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The minimum required aggregate to appear in Scientist Assistant recruitment is 60% or 6.5 CGPA in bachelor degree.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination as you have scored only 58% in bachelor degree.

The examination will be conducted by SSC and candidates will be eligible for recruitment in Indian Meteorological Department only after appearing and qualifying in examination.

To get more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
30th July 2017, 07:54 PM
perthc

Hi,

For applying SSC Meteorologist Assistant post, you should have at least 60 % marks in either of the the below degrees:-

(i) Bachelor’s Degree in Science (with Physics as one of the main subjects)

(ii) Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science

(iii) Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology

(iv) Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Application

(v) Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

So as you have less than 60% marks in your Physics honors,you are NOT eligible for the post.
30th July 2017, 09:44 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Staff Selection Commission Meteorological Assistant post:

1. You must have done Bachelor's degree in Physics Honors or diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

2. Age limit is 18-32 years.

You can apply for SSC Meterological Assistant post after B.Sc Physics Honors with aggregate 58% marks.
31st July 2017, 08:37 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The academic qualification required for Staff Selection Commission Meteorological Post is bachelor's degree in science or diploma in electronics and telecommunication engineering. You must have studied mathematics and physics at 12th level.

The upper age limit for this exam is 30 years. Bachelor of Science Physics Honors candidates can apply for this entrance exam. For any more details about this exam, Click Here .
31st July 2017, 06:44 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, one cannot appear in examination for recruitment as Assistant Scientist in Indian Meteorological Department.

The minimum required qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university in computer science, Information Technology, Physics etc with minimum 60%.

So, you cannot appear in examination after scoring 58% and age limit is 30 years. For more updates about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
1st August 2017, 12:25 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for SSC Meteorological Assistant post is:

Bachelor's degree in science with Physics as compulsory subject.

Age limit is 18-30 years.

You can apply for SSC entrance exam after B.Sc Physics Honors.
11th October 2022, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

IF I have math honours (60percent)with physics as one of the subject but in math hons in our university curriculam there is physics in 1 and 2 year , please tell me that i am elegible for ssc imd or not?
15th October 2022, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSAAAA View Post
The eligibility criteria for SSC Meteorological Assistant post is:

Bachelor's degree in science with Physics as compulsory subject.

Age limit is 18-30 years.

You can apply for SSC entrance exam after B.Sc Physics Honors.
SIR,
when we apply with BSc Physics honours, does it come under BSc in Science with Physics as one of the subjects, or BSc equivalent?
15th October 2022, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

can B.Sc. physics degree holder apply for SSC IMD scientific assistant post?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?