14th April 2020, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

Is B.Sc Process Engineering equivalent to B.Tech Chemical Engineering?

I have done B.Sc Process Engineering from BITS, Pilani. Is it equivalent to B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering? What all job opportunities do I have with B.Sc in Process Engineering?

23rd April 2020, 12:28 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Sc Process Engineering equivalent to B.Tech Chemical Engineering?

As per official site of BITS Pilani, it offers B.Tech in Process Engineering. However, there is no such course like B.Sc. in Process Engineering.

Link: https://bits-pilani-wilp.ac.in/b-tech/process-engineering.php

Actually, Process engineering is a branch of Chemical Engineering. In this course, you will study control, operation, design and optimizationof physical, chemical and biological processes.

Hence, it is not exactly equivalent to Chemical Engineering but you will study some concepts of Chemical Engineering deeply here in Process Engineering.

After completion of this course, you will have job opportunities like:
  • Process Design Engineer
  • Technical Services Engineer
  • Production Engineer
  • Process Simulation Engineer
  • Piping Design Engineer
  • Project Engineer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?