15th December 2015, 06:27 AM
thrash21

Backlogs and a year gap how bad will it affect my job opportunities?

I have had two backlogs in first year but cleared it. And in second year i got a year back because i had more than 5 backlogs from second year. How bad will this affect my job opportunities? and if i can do well in the coming semesters and have no more backlogs before third year, will that get me a good job?

Related Questions:
15th December 2015, 05:12 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Backlogs and a year gap how bad will it affect my job opportunities?

Backlogs would become a problem for job opportunities if you are not able to clear them by the time you complete your academic course. You did not mention your academic course that you are pursuing. Hope it would be Engineering.

Having 1 year academic gap also do not affect your job opportunities.

Here is the eligibility criteria for campus placements and also for outside job opportunities.

Candidates should have scored a minimum of 60% of marks in all the academic levels from recognized colleges.

Academic gap should not be more than 2 years.

There should not be any pending backlogs.

In your case, though you have 1 year academic gap, please provide a genuine reason for the same and show some evidence. Then definitely, you will be considered for recruitment process.

Candidates are eligible to apply for job opportunities from the final year of their Engineering course.

Selection Process would consists of the following rounds
Written Test
Group Discussion
Technical Interview
HR Interview

So, what I suggest you is, try to complete all your backlogs by the time you complete 3rd year and the entire final year you focus on job opportunities by collecting and practicing placement papers of top companies and taking coaching if time permits.

There would special classes in every college for Communication skills. Please make most out of those classes so that you can perform well in the selection process.

Also make a note of it. You should score at least 60% of marks in Engineering course. Otherwise eligibility for job opportunities becomes difficult.

Please focus on studies. Do not neglect your academic career or student life. If you put your best efforts, you will be placed in MNC's. Once you get job in MNC, you don't need to look back at all.
15th December 2015, 06:40 PM
lmani

Default Re: Backlogs and a year gap how bad will it affect my job opportunities?

Backlogs always affects job opportunities. At the time of jobs, you should be able to provide the explanation for your backlogs.

Having 2 backlogs 1st year and 5 backlogs in next year is very poor performance.

Please study well. If you don't study well, then you won't get jobs.

If you have backlogs and year gap, definitely few companies will not give preference for you.

That time you will realize the importance of education. Don't create such a situation by yourself.
15th December 2015, 09:13 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

For sure it will effect on your job.The reason is very clear but yes don't loose hope we have a solution for it. By the time you will complete your graduation you must clear all backlogs. Other wise you have no chance to get a good job.

Instead of keep your backlogs through out your graduation with consistency you will not get any job in future.

Besides this you should acquire good skills like Communication skills , soft skills, extra circular activities. To get a job in software companies you should have minimum percentage of marks with no pending backlogs at the time of Interview.

No year gap between academic career for software or any core companies.
15th December 2015, 11:07 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Backlogs do affect in recruitment drives. For recruitment in majority of top companies a candidate must not have pending backlogs at time of recruitment. IT companies ask for overall 60% marks from class tenth to bachelor's degree.

However if you clear all your backlogs before final year, you can sit in all recruitment drives and if you clear stages like written test, aptitude round and technical interview, you can easily get job without any difficulty.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?