7th September 2010, 01:27 PM
bablu bhardwaj

BCA Admission procedure after three year polytechnic after

I have done three year polytechnic and i want to take admission in BCA.
what procedure for this

8th September 2010, 12:51 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: BCA Admission procedure after three year polytechnic after

Dear Friend,
There are so many colleges which give the chance to take admission in BCA after three year Polytechnic.

I am not cleared about in which branch you have done your polytechnic degree.
However,there are general entrance exam CET (Common Entrance Test).

According to the Criteria of the exam:

1:You have to pass 12th from CBSE or equivalent board with English(as credit or non-credit ,compulsory, or optional subject) as well as Math/Computer Sc./ Informatics Practice / Computer Applications.

2:You have to pass the 12th with minimum 50% marks in aggregate..

3:You should have three year diploma in a branch of Engineering from a polytechnic Institutes/University approved by AICTE

4:You have to pass the polytechnic exam with minimum 50%

According to the Exam pattern of the exam:

1:There are 150 questions of equal 4 marks of each question.

2:So,total marks of the exam 600,for each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.

3:Time duration of the exam is 2hr 30min

for more details visit its official site :www.ipu.ac.in

There are some important colleges:

1: Indian Academy Group of Institutions(IAGI);Bangalore, India

2: Indian Institute of Management & Commerece (IIMC);Hyderabad, India

3: IndraPrastha College of Management and Technology (ICMT);Kota, India

4: Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS);Bangalore, India

5:Prestige Institute Of Management;Gwalior, India etc...

Good luck.
8th September 2010, 02:08 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

to take admission in BCA after polytechnic,you have to appear for the enterence test of

the university in which you want to take admission.After qualifying in the test you will

be get admission in BCA.

Best of luck
8th September 2010, 02:29 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
As you have done your polytechnic degree, so you can take direct admission in 2nd year in BCA.
But, for this you have to follow some procedures imposed by regarding university.
You may either appear in the entrance exam conduted by regarding university or directly take admission on the marks basis.
It depend upon in which university you are applying.

good luck.
17th September 2010, 01:09 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Yes you are eligible for BCA. I am not sure whether there is a lateral entry seat for BCA but you can try conforming. Anyways for BCA minimum eligiblity 12th or a diploma.

So you are eligible for it. Just fill out the forms and the admission will either be based on the entrance test or on the basis of merit and you can get admission into it on the base of your diploma final year percentage..
17th September 2010, 01:45 AM
sayan550

Dear friend,

Your eligibility criteria is ok to take a chance for BCA.probably you can take your chance for BCA after completing HS from any recognized board or university.but you must to qualify CET(common entrance test) exam.either you can also take your chances for BCA without qualifying CET at any distance covering institutes.

Here i provide you all the necessary information for qualifying CET and eligibility for it.

Counseling/Admissions

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has released brochures for making admissions to its various academic programmes offered at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Attention is drawn for the prospective candidates seeking admission to Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT), Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) and Bachelor of Education (B Ed) programme for the academic session 2010-2011.For the programme for which Common Entrance Tests are being conducted, the University will prepare a list of qualified candidates separately for each Test Code in order of merit based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the said Tests. The result of common Entrance Tests will be displayed on the University’s Website www.ipu.ac.in. The University will declare inter-se-ranks for qualified candidates only. No separate intimation will be sent to the candidates in this regard. All the admissions will be made through counseling which will be conducted by the University. Strictly on the basis of inter-se-merit of the qualified candidates counseling will be held. There will be no Group Discussion and Interview for deciding the inter-se-merit for any programme.

Important Dates for CET (Common Entrance Test)

a) Last date of CET Form Submission (Both for online & by post/Hand) 21-April-2010
b) Date & Time of CET Exam
Programme Date Time Publishing of Result
BPT 01-June-2010 10:30 am – 01:00 pm 10-June-2010
B.Ed 01-June-2010 02:00 pm – 04:30 pm 10-June-2010
BCA 04-June-2010 10:30 pm – 01:00 pm 10-June -2010
Eligibility Criteria For :
BCA : Pass in 12th Class or 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate with pass in English(core or elective or functional) and Mathematics or Computer Science / Informatics Practice / Computer Applications
OR
Three year diploma in a branch of Engineering from a polytechnic duly approved by All India Council for Technical Education and affiliated to a recognized examining body with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.

BPT: Pass in 12th Class or 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology provided the candidate has pass in ach subject separately. A candidate also must have passed in English (core or elective or functional) as subject of study (core or elective or functional) in the qualifying examination.

B Ed.:Candidates having passed Bachelor’s degree / Post Graduate in humanities and social sciences with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized University

For Graduate For Post Graduate
English
Hindi
Integrated Science
Social Science
Mathematics
Life Science
English
Mathematics
Chemistry
Life Science
History
Political Science
Business Studies
Accountancy
Geography
Economics
Urdu
Scheme of the Test
The test paper will contain 150 objective-type questions in all. Each question will be provided with four alternative answers marked as (1), (2), (3) and (4). Out of these, only one correct or more appropriate answer should be selected and marked on the OMR answer sheet
Each question shall carry four marks
There will be negative marking of incorrect answers. One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answers
The Test will be of two and a half hours duration and will carry 600 marks
The medium of the test will be English only
Candidate should bring a black ball point pen to the Examination Hall for writing / marking responses (darkening the ovals) on OMR answer sheet. Use of pencil is not allowed
No requests for re-checking, re-evaluation, re-assessment or scrutiny of OMR answer sheet shall be entertained
For those who are unable to appear in the test on the scheduled date for any reason, retest will not be held by the university under any circumstances. No refund of fees is permissible.
Schedule of Counseling (by the University) : List will be available in www.ipu.ac.in
Programme Display of 1st Counseling
at 5:00 pm Commencement of 1st Counseling at 9:30 am Display of 2nd Counseling at 5:00 pm Commencement of 2nd Counseling at 9:30 am
B.Ed 22-June-2010 26-June-2010 20-July-2010 22-July-2010
BCA 22-June-2010 26-June-2010 20-July-2010 22-July-2010
BPT 23-June-2010 30-June-2010 20-July-2010 22-July-2010
No of Seats in our college (Intake) :
BCA ( 3 Years Degree Course) – 60+60(Second Shift)
BPT (4˝ Years Degree Course) – 50
B.Ed ( 1 Year Degree Course ) - 100
For any further query feel free to visit our college or call on:

011-29257793 /29257794 / 9899584654 / 9953606594

Email: [email protected]

Thank you.......
17th September 2010, 04:36 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Yes, after doing three years polytechnic you are elligible for BCA exams and you will be able to get lateral entry in this course.
But for that you have to appear for entrance exam conducted by different states or all india level exams.
For different states exams there is different timing of the exams
17th September 2010, 07:59 PM
mohit brh

Dear friend,
the minimum eligibility foe admission in BCA is 12th so you are eligible and you can take admission in university through entrance exam but you can take direct admission also in some private colleges.

all the best
17th September 2010, 08:40 PM
nuzhat fathima

hi,
The Student seeking admission in BCA should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized board with minimum 45% marks for General/Obc candidate. There is no minimum percentage criteria for SC & ST candidate.
but i think after polytechnic you could do engineering,it could be easy after polytechnic.
17th September 2010, 10:42 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
the minimum elegibility for BCA admission is 12 or diploma..
u can also join after 3 yer ploytechnics..the university should have its own entrace u can clear the entrance and get ur BCA
As you have done your polytechnic degree, so you can take direct admission in 2nd year in BCA.
But, for this you have to follow some procedures imposed by regarding university.
You may either appear in the entrance exam conduted by regarding university or directly take admission on the marks basis.
It depend upon in which university you are applying.

good luck.
18th September 2010, 12:12 AM
sanjusabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bablu bhardwaj View Post
I have done three year polytechnic and i want to take admission in BCA.
what procedure for this

For doing BCA eligibility criteria is :-

You have to pass 12th Science or Commerce with English and one of the following subjects-
Mathematics/Statistics/Business Maths.

You can go for following entrance exams also :-

Common Entrance Test(CET)
Symbosis Entrance Test(SET)
for admit into Symbiosis International University (SIU).

So, you can make a direct admission or go for entrance exams.

BCA Colleges in India :-

1) Amity School of Computer Science, Noida

2) Integrated Academy of Management and Technology, DR. Bhim Rao Ambedkar Universty, Senate House, Agra

3) Institute of Technology and Science, Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut

4) Purvanchal University, Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh

5) Apeejay Institute of Management and Information Technology, Tughlakabad, New Delhi

6) Maharshi Dayanand University, Rothank
18th September 2010, 12:24 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have passed +2 with minimum mark of 50% can apply for BCA course. They need to appear for a exam, a CET (Common Entrance Test). For this, the students need to have a three year diploma in engineering or polytechnic institutes or university approved by AICTE, and the candidates should score minimum 50% in diploma. The CET exam consists of 150 questions of 4 marks each, with a negative marking of 1 each.
24th September 2010, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

sir, m the student who have done diploma in political science from haryana....... i want to take direct admission in 2 nd year......
plz sir guide me , i want to do b.tch. which college i should prefer in tamil nadu or banglore.....
8th November 2010, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my diploma after puc (10 2 3). can i join 2nd year bca. please mail me [email protected]
12th November 2010, 03:32 PM
helpmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed my diploma after puc (10 2 3). can i join 2nd year bca. please mail me [email protected]
Yes, you can Join second year of BCA throgh lateral entry schem as you are having diploma.
But for that you need to apply for it separately
4th January 2011, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my diploma(10 3). can i join in 2nd year bca n want to do in regular college not in correspondance all...n i want to do in bangalore or in gujarat ..n plz suggest me good university n also tell me the procedure...please mail mw [email protected]
14th February 2011, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

can i take admission in bca maine 10 th kiya hai aur diploma kar rahi hu
can i take admission
10th March 2011, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

sir i am santhosh persuing 6th sem information science in dsit b'lore now i plan to join for bca is there lateral entry r not r what we hav to do get lateral entry we must write cet for that tell me the full information about tht pls mail for me [email protected]
30th April 2011, 11:39 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Cool Re: BCA Admission procedure after three year polytechnic after

BCA is a course in which you get admission directly after 12th but however you have complete your polytechnic then you also do BCA ...........there are many colleges in which you can get admission easily..........
11th May 2011, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

sir i am rita i done diploma in finance, account & auditing and done 2 in arts economics can i apply BCA or not if yes then tell me in which college and location- chandigarh reply me through my id is [email protected]
17th May 2011, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

I have completed three year computer hardware maintanance diploma with 61.25%,can i apply BCA as distance learning.please tell me which is good university and please reply me how can i do it,my Email ID:- [email protected]
6th June 2011, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my diploma(10 3). can i join in 2nd year bca n want to do in regular college not in correspondance all...n i want to do in mumbai or Thane ..n plz suggest me good university n also tell me the procedure...please mail me at [email protected]
10th June 2011, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

maine 10th ke baad electronic and communication se 3 year ka poly. diploma liya hai mei jaan na chati hu ki iske baad mei kya kru
5th July 2011, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

I hv done diploma in computer science.After 10th i did this diploma. can i get direct admossion to 2nd year BCA
10th July 2011, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

can i do bca from meerut university after 3 year diploma after 10th.
21st July 2011, 08:20 PM

Smile Re: BCA Admission procedure after three year polytechnic after

please tell me which universities allow for this rule?
means please list out collages. or universities.
18th August 2011, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma in Information Science can I get direct admission to 3rd year BCA reply me soon to my email ID [email protected]
25th September 2011, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Dear Friends
i've lost my diploma certificates so hw could i join bca can u give any suggestion for this i am waiting for ur reply for my confusion
27th January 2012, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

can u pls guide me with the detailing of dates and syllbi for entrance examination for 'BCA' after three year diploma in information technology ..????
26th February 2012, 12:52 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai.
Hello friend, Yes you are eligible for the BCA course after your polytechnic .
The admission into the BCA is under an entrance examination,in this entrance examination you have to pass in this then you can get an admission into the BCA.

All the best
26th February 2012, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Hi,i am going to give the H.S exam,this year.I am a para science student,i.e i have this combination-Nutrition,Chemistry,Biology & Comp application.After passing the H.S Exam i want to complete the politechnic diploma,and then want to study with BCA.Can you please tell me that whether it is wrong,or write choice,because someone told me that without Math it will bw difficult for me further.What can i do?
1st April 2012, 12:11 AM
jobsee

You have to pass the 12th with minimum 50% marks in aggregate..
You should have three year diploma in a branch of Engineering from a polytechnic Institutes/University approved by AICTE
You have to pass the polytechnic exam with minimum 50%
According to the Exam pattern of the exam:
There are 150 questions of equal 4 marks of each question.
So,total marks of the exam 600,for each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?