5th March 2010, 01:12 AM
ksachin

To become a CEO, what should an engineering student study after btech?

Present i am studying b.tech ece branch but i want to become ceo. So after b.tech what i have to do ms or m.tech or mba . I know that after completion of ms or m.tech or. Mba then i have to do phd to become ceo. But i dont know that what to do among m.tech or ms or mba for ceo
so will u please tel me what to do?

5th March 2010, 03:35 PM

Default Re: To become a CEO, what should an engineering student study after btech?

AS SUCH NO PHD IS REQUIRED FOR BECOMING ceo . ANY pg EDUCATION & YOUR CAPABILITY CAN LEAD U TO ceo
5th March 2010, 04:43 PM
Murugesa Pandian

Default Re: To become a CEO, what should an engineering student study after btech?

Not at all. You know Bill Gates . CEO of Microsoft, never completed his college degree. It all needs self motivation, courage , ambition, etc
5th March 2010, 06:16 PM
charumat

Becoming CEO of any company basically is facilitated by
branch of industrial and production engg which involves
bit of management in cirricullum although through other
branches may also be achieved by pursuing MBA or
M TECH in industrial management and not that only you should also posses a good
managerial quality .

BETTER LUCK.
5th March 2010, 08:31 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

look dear there is a important thing that you must understand & that is various companies make CEO's according to the experience and by the dededication and hard work that a employee shows towards the institution and becoming a CEO is not a fortnight play, so in some companies Mtech students are preferred as they have technical knowledge where as some companies Mtech + MBA because both technical knwledge as well as manageriall skills are also imp to became a senior and to occupy CEO's chair in a company. so dear my suggestion to you is just keep on doing hard work and you will be rewarded go for MBA from a good college..
bye take care & good luck..
5th March 2010, 10:56 PM
meenakumari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksachin View Post
Present i am studying b.tech ece branch but i want to become ceo. So after b.tech what i have to do ms or m.tech or mba . I know that after completion of ms or m.tech or. Mba then i have to do phd to become ceo. But i dont know that what to do among m.tech or ms or mba for ceo
degree courses in not the only think to beome on ceo but your confidence,courage, capabilities will take to that position ok
6th March 2010, 02:53 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

hey friend....
for being a ceo..
you must have a graduation and mba degree.
as well as you must have the experiance of working in any reputed copany...

o k
all the best
6th March 2010, 03:14 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

to become a CEO, then you have get many years of experience and several qualities and skills such as leadership, communication skills, charisma, financial acumen and a strong understanding of the business. The only exception to this rule is when an entrepreneur, who usually has a completely different set of skills, launches a successful business venture and becomes the CEO.
7th March 2010, 03:11 AM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend
in my opinion after completing BTech you should go for MBA
there is no specific study which would help you to become the CEO
you will just have to wait for the right oppurtunity and work hard to improve your skills like leadership,communication,persuation,etc
all the best
30th March 2010, 08:51 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
you should go for MBA
it will help you to be a CEO of some company.

good luck.
31st March 2010, 01:22 AM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

hey friend....
for being a ceo..
as well as you must have the experiance of working in any reputed copany...

o k
all the best
31st March 2010, 04:30 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dreaming is not crime ...
you think any thing in your dream but you
are serious about ceo then
i suggest you a way...
you complete your B TECH with good marks ..
there after you prepare for GMAT...
crack the GMAT and
take admission in Oxford,stanford,harvard...
and then i think if you work hard then
you will get your dream job...
good luck...
31st March 2010, 02:31 PM
rajeshingarhwa

hi
as you have completed your btech and you want to became the ceo,i will suggest you to go for the mba course,but from any of the IIMs only then only you can achieve your goal,but determination is the must think...............
31st March 2010, 07:43 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

dear friend
it is not necessary that to become the CEO you will have to do Phd
if you want to be the CEO of a company i would advise you to go for MBA
all the best
15th April 2010, 08:11 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
to become a CEO of any company you require a great communication skills with leadership qualities as well.
you must do an MBA .
this will be the first step towards becoming a CEO.
16th June 2010, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

to become CEO instead of MBA what step should take?
is master's is good for that?
27th June 2010, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Is there any possibility for a b-tech student do his M.B.A in U.S or U.K....? pls suggest me.........
15th July 2010, 08:48 PM
Hitha Nanjappa

a person does not become a good administrator by getting degrees.. it ENTIRELY depends on your personality, self confidence and human relation skills... but you can do MBA after btech... fo higher studies..
15th October 2010, 02:43 PM
mseetharamster

The cadre CEO-chief executive officer is not given by qualification.

It comes with experience mostly 10-15 minimum years.
There are CEOs with MBA background and also with M.Tech,PhD background.

It depends on your skills but MBA gives you a faster chance.
15th October 2010, 10:34 PM
vik111

Dear,

In my opinion after completing BTech you should go for MBA
there is no specific study which would help you to become the CEO
you will just have to wait for the right oppurtunity and work hard to improve your self.

all the best
15th October 2010, 10:50 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

to become CEO you should have a good knowledge and also experience. but degree is also necessary.

i think post graduate degree is sufficient to become a CEO. you may do your post graduate by ms, m.tech or mba in which you are interested. it does not matter.

but i will suggest you to do m.tech or mba i think technical knowledge and management knowledge is very much helpful to Become a CEO. but you should have a proper experience. go for experience that can reach you to your dream degree matter only a few.

all the best.
16th October 2010, 12:09 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: To become a CEO, what should an engineering student study after btech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksachin View Post
dear friends,

to become a ceo B.tech is enough and you need a 40-50 yrs experience.and you have to be more optimistic.

good luck.
21st December 2010, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

What engineering course that is best for creating business?
22nd December 2010, 06:35 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

dear friend ...
i think you should go for a MBA.it will help you to be a CEO.
22nd December 2010, 10:00 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What engineering course that is best for creating business?
for creating new business it is not important from which branch of study you have came. if you have the potential to create new business and you have managerial power and have some capital then you will be successful to start a new business.

but if you want to do business in technical field then in which field you want to do business you may study that branch of engineering. as for example if you want to start a business for electronics goods then it will be advantageous for you if you have graduation or master degree in electronics engineering.

after studying MBA it is helpful to start new business. but to start new business is very much risky. you have to very much careful. the market is now very tough because of competition.

but if you think you have all the qualities and also the capital then obviously you may start new business. may be you will be successful in your own business.

best wishes for your future.
22nd December 2010, 10:23 PM
sindhusweety

hi,
to become the CEO/CFO in a company ,you should have a proper qualification and experience ,means your btech is not enough for this it will be better if you do MBA in finance from a well recognised university if you want to do that in a short span of time,like form IIMs or there are many other good institute like, XLRI,MDI,FMS etc for more information about these institute and there courses here is a link for you

http://www.successcds.net/mbaentranceexam/
22nd December 2010, 11:02 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

In comparison to MS or MTech degree, an MBA degree will help you more to become a CEO.

A CEO is one who enjoys the top most position in a company & is also responsible for managing the affairs of the company. So, a person who has acquired the managerial capabilities has more chances to become a CEO.

Phd degree is not compulsory for becoming a CEO. In fact even an MBA degree is not necessary, what is required is your personal attributes, your ability to lead & most importantly your vision. If you are a born leader you don't need any degree.
23rd December 2010, 12:48 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)For Becoming CEO ,you should have great knowledge and Leadership with good Experience in the Core Field

2)Main thing is that your Attitude,Ability,Hard Word and Determination toward your Job,make you a best CEO in any company

3)You should have the ability to maintain more people under your control and Difficult situation at pressure condition

4)You can become CEO at your Young Age also, it depends on your Confident Level and Knowledge, Thinking different from others

Best of luck
23rd December 2010, 09:37 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

hello dear
If you realy want to be CEO . like leadership, good command over english,empowred with good communication skill, you should leadership quality and have strong understanding of business

bye take care &
24th December 2010, 12:37 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hiiii,,

To become a CEO,
as well as you must be an experience-holder of a reputed company...

Good luck
26th January 2011, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

i want to get through a good company in campus selections wat to do
17th March 2011, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

hey ,

Doesnt matter whether you have MBA or M Tech :) , LOL
Its not the degree which get you a CEO post . Its the desire inside you
In Forbe's Top 50 List , First MBA CEO's company got 22 nd rank .That means 21 CEOs above him do not have an MBA :)
Primarily a CEO candidate must know how his company function from Top level to bottom level. How to get & Improve business . This is all the competance
Thereafter your Degree . :)
27th March 2011, 01:51 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Hi,
dreaming is not crime ...
you think any thing in your dream but you
are serious about ceo then
i suggest you a way...
you complete your B TECH with good marks ..
there after you prepare for GMAT...
crack the GMAT and
take admission in Oxford,stanford,harvard...
and then i think if you work hard then
you will get your dream job

Thank
22nd April 2011, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

I COMPLETED MY B.TECH WITH 77% CAN I GET A GOOD JOB AFTER DOING MY M.TECH?
30th April 2011, 10:54 PM
wagle
Senior Member+

For Becoming CEO ,you should have great knowledge and Leadership with good Experience in the Core Field.

A CEO is one who enjoys the top most position in a company & is also responsible for managing the affairs of the company.

may your dreem be successful.
19th July 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

how much salary can i get after getting m.b.a. degree from harvard university?presently i am pursuing b.tech. from mech. engg..please suggest me good books for self preparation for gmat and cracking it.please.
21st August 2011, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

haha
the most least educated CEO you have ever seen is dhirubhai ambani but look!!!!!!!
what he has done with his thinking!
he didnt even go to college!
8th October 2011, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am the diploma student can you say what should i take after my diploma
17th July 2012, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

i'm a final yr engg stud... my dream's to become a CEO.... wat should i take as major in MBA???
1st February 2013, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,
i've completed B.tech in 2012 , now having 6 month experience in a software firm and at present working in a real estate company . i would like to know to you sir , regarding a journey towards to become a higher authorities like ceo,coo,cfo,cio .......How many years of working experience need before starting MBA(full time) OR i should start mba by correspondence......???

is there any correspondence mba degree that will be more valuable ????
24th June 2014, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

I'm a electrical engineear nd I want to become a CEO so, plz suggest me what I'm do after engineering ....
22nd January 2015, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am BE student (E&C) after completing be I want to do mtech
Is there a chance to be a CEO by doing mtech or not
22nd September 2020, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

What are the steps to become a CEO after 12th? I'm trying for a seat in NIT now.Please tell me what can I do after that? I mean which branch should I take in engineering to do so?
19th November 2020, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

to become a CEO, what should an engineering student study after B.E in computer science?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?