6th June 2012, 11:14 PM
Jai Motwani

To become a software engineer should we do standard 11th by IT subject or by computer science subject?

To become a software engineer should we do std 11th by IT subject or by computer science subject?

Related Questions:
  1. How to become a software engineering? I am a 11th standard student
  2. Subjects to opt in 11th standard to become a software engineer? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to become a software engineer after passing 12th in commerce subject?
  4. Which subject stream should I opt after passing 10th if I wish to become a computer engineer?
  5. Computer related Diploma courses to become a Software engineer in future?
  6. For which subject I should apply for Ph.D entrance exam if completed M.Sc in Computer Science? Reference books for preparation?
  7. Is it possible to be software engineering in future after doing commerce?
  8. How to become a software engineer after writing 10th class exam in March
  9. How can I make Maths as my 4th subject (optional) in WBCHSE Board? -- [New]
  10. Can I get admission in Jadavpur/Shibpur or other government colleges in Management Quota if I get a rank of 31958 in WBJEE?
  11. Am I eligible for computer engineering after scoring 78% in computer science subject in 11th and 12th?
  12. Which subject should I take in 11th standard if I want to become a C.A in future? Is Commerce with Maths necessary for me? Can I do with Commerce with Computer Science?
  13. Can I become a software engineer by BSc?
  14. What kind of subject is DotNet?Procedure to work in Intel group in USA? What is the salary of a software engineer in USA?
  15. Can i do B.Sc(Computer science) without studying Computers in 12th standard?
  16. How to get direct admission in class 12th?
  17. Can I become Software Engineer after the completion of Distance MBA having secured 60% in B.Sc Computer Science, 55% in Intermediate and 45% in 10th standard?
  18. How can I start preparation for GRE being a 11th Science student? For which subject I should apply? Suitable books for preparation?
22nd September 2012, 01:42 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Default Re: To become a software engineer should we do standard 11th by IT subject or by computer science subject?

Hi dear..

It doesn't matter if you take any subject IT or Computer in 11th, or you don't study either of them.

You should have Science or Commerce stream and should secure at least 50 % in +2 and should have Mathematics as a compulsory subject.

After completing your +2 from any recognized college or university, you can opt for B.Tech(Bachelor of Technology) in CSE (Computer Science Engineering), IT (Information Technology) or even in ECE (Electronics and Communication Engineering) or BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) .

After completing your graduation in any of the subjects mentioned above, you will be a software Engineer.

All the best..!!

Regards
Sammy
16th December 2012, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: To become a software engineer should we do standard 11th by IT subject or by computer science subject?

which subject i select ?
23rd January 2013, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

Sir now I am writing 10th class exam In march 2013,

I want to become the software engineer.

Which subject shall I choose in intermediate.

My name is vaishnavi, and now I am an 60% student
10th February 2013, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Sir now I am writing 10th class exam In march 2013,

I want to become the software engineer.

Which subject shall I choose in intermediate.

My name is shivam and i am having 70% in my prelims also tell the stream and subject best suited for software engineering.
4th April 2013, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Hlo sir.
iam meghna.
i want to became software er.
is it good for me in the future.
Plz answer my question.
18th April 2013, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

respected sir,
i'm writed papers of 10th before a month and i want tp be a good software engineer so i'm going in 11th std.which subject i have to choose ?
20th April 2013, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

I want to become the software
engineer.
Which subject shall I choose in
intermediate.
Can i take biology
is it good....
1st June 2013, 03:04 AM
Unregistered

How many points are needed and wich subjectz ?
9th June 2013, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

is computer science benificial for software engineering?
27th December 2013, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

i want to become a software engineer & design software & websites.

so please help m to suggest for subject .

i am a 70% student.
18th February 2014, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class XII. My subjects are Math Phy Chem CompApp. I want to be a Computer Software Engineer. so what should I do???? - SAJID
29th March 2014, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

Is computer subject necessary in 12th non medical to become a computer engineer ?
5th April 2014, 08:22 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Software is in good demand in India. Many of the candidates who have completed software courses in India are being given good job opportunities in various top IT companies like
TCS
INFOSYS
GOOGLE
ORACLE
SYNTEL
POLARIS etc.

The candidates who have completed the following courses will be given the job designation as Software Engineer
B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
B.Tech in Information Technology
MCA (Master of Computer Applications)

The minimum academic qualification that is required to join B.Tech course is by completion of 12th class with Mathematics subject.

It is not a matter of you are choosing IT subject or Computer Science subject in your 12th class.

Both are accepted. By both the subjects you will get knowledge on Computer which should be required before joining Engineering course.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and get admission for Engineering course in a top college.

Gain good subject knowledge and programming knowledge in Engineering course and try for job opportunities from the final year of Engineering course itself.

Wish you all the best.
1st May 2014, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir,
I had passed out my 10th Exam .. And i wish to become an computer Engineer Shall i continue my study or Shall i have to go for Computer Study..
Please write me back at.
[email protected]
9th April 2015, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

hello sir ,

Should i have to go for any other course after 10th for becoming a software engineer.
Also tell me the entrance exams details.
9th April 2015, 12:36 PM
ka108

Hi Sir,
Should i have to go for any other course after 10th for becoming a software engineer.
Also tell me the details of entrance exams.
18th May 2015, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir i want to know that if i want to become software engineer what subject should i take in class 11
I dont want to take maths as a subject at class 11.
so what can i doo plz sir tell .....
10th June 2015, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

I have given my 10th exam and I have got 85%.Which subject should I choose in 11th electronics or computer science to become software engineering?
26th August 2016, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

I had took pcmb in 11th std with Hindi can I become software developer and if yes then what are the procedures
27th August 2016, 04:09 AM
ashishkumarcs
Junior Member+

It does not matter that which subject Compter science or IT you have taken in 11th/12th.This will only enhance your interest and knowledge about computer science.

For become a software engineer you must have :

B.Tech Degree in
1. Computer Science Engineering
2. Information Technology Engineering
or 3. Master of Computer Application.

And from my point of view in 12th level the course syllabus of Computer Science and Information Technology(IT) is over all same.
So you can opt any on two. This will not effect your software engineering aim.

Best of Luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?