6th June 2018, 01:27 AM
Gracy Theresa

BEd or DEd, which is better to become Teacher for BA(English) student?

Hello friends, I am studying BA in English Honours. I want to make teaching my professional. So, after my BA, I should take BEd or DEd course? Please let me know which one is better for me to achieve my aim?

7th June 2018, 01:55 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: BEd or DEd, which is better to become Teacher for BA(English) student?

I think it is beneficial if you will pursue B.Ed course. B.Ed is two year course and the required qualification to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a reognised university.

Candidates after completion of B.Ed course are eligible to appear for TGT or Primary School teacher recruitment examination.

For detail information about teacher recruitment examination visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
7th June 2018, 11:59 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: BEd or DEd, which is better to become Teacher for BA(English) student?

D.Ed & B.Ed both the degrees have equal importance in their own way.

D.Ed (Diploma in Education) is a diploma level course where as B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) is a graduation level degree.

The eligibility requirements are different for both degrees, for D.Ed you just need a 12th class education from any recognized board and for B.Ed you need to complete graduation level degree in related subject with 55% from any recognized university.

The only difference you have between D.Ed & B.Ed is if you study D.Ed then you'll be able to teach for the candidates at nursery level and if you study B.Ed you'll be able to teach the candidates up to 12th class.

The job opportunities available for both the degrees are same in government & private sector.
So, based on your interest and for whom you want to teach you can choose one degree.
8th June 2018, 12:25 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For primary school teacher the required minimum qualification is that :-

Candidates passed 12th and have diploma in education from a recognised institute.

For TGT ( Trained Graduate Teacher ) the eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have B.Ed course from a recognised university.

So, you can pursue the course as per the post for which you want to appear in examination.
8th June 2018, 09:08 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

According to me, B.Ed is better than D.Ed to pursue after completing BA in English Honors to become a Government Teacher. With D.Ed you can become Primary School Teacher but with B.Ed you can become High School Teacher in any Government School and able to teach the students of 9th or 10th standard.
8th June 2018, 10:31 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

As you are done with your Bachelor of Arts in English Honours so, now it is better for you to pursue B.Ed rather than pursuing D.Ed because then you will be eligible for TGT post .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?