1st December 2018, 06:31 PM
Donka Triveni

Being a B.Tech candidate how should I prepare for IAS exams?

What are the steps should I follow to become an IAS officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering?

3rd December 2018, 10:43 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being a B.Tech candidate how should I prepare for IAS exams?

If you have decided that your career is in the Civil Services even as you pursue your engineering, and you have to follow these tips.

Go through the UPSC syllabus thoroughly and ask yourself if you are up to it. If you are ready to fight for if then download the UPSC syllabus from its official website that is www.upsc.com.

Then you have to familiarise yourself with UPSC IAS exam pattern and format
then, you should start reading the daily newspaper judiciously and make it a habit.

You need to start with basic books like NCERTs which will build your basics. Then, as you progress, you should upgrade to higher textbooks.

Also, you must decide on your optional subject and start its preparation too. It would be a good idea to take up engineering itself since you are already studying it for your graduation.

You have to make a timetable for your daily routine and stick with it.

You should also start reading good magazine to aid your current affairs segment.
3rd December 2018, 10:45 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

If you are a candidate having completed BTech, then you can appear for IAS exams.

For IAS, one has to go through civil services examination conducted by UPSC( Union Public Service Commission)

The selection procedure for IAS exam will be as follows:-
CSAT( Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Civil Services Main Examination
Interview

Eligibility for IAS exam:-
Academic qualification:-
One should have completed degree with any of the stream from a recognised University. The candidate who have appeared for the qualifying examination and waiting for the results are eligible.

Age limit is between 21 to 30 years.
3 years age relaxation for OBC candidate and 5 years age relaxation for SC / ST candidate .

Number of attempts:-
The candidates of general category, it is 7
For the candidates of OBC, it is 4
For the candidates of SC/ ST, there is no limit on the number of attempts.
4th December 2018, 12:25 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Candidates with bachelor degree qualification are eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination and after qualifying in it will become eligible for final selection.

You are in the 3rd year of course so you have more than one year of time for the preparation. If you do better preparation with proper strategy then you will definitely qualify in the examination.

You can take help from various coaching institutes for the examination. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?