28th September 2018, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

Is it beneficial to migrate into Gujarat Board for CBSE 8th student who is weak in Maths?

Hello, my daughter is in 8th standard from CBSE school in Jamnagar. From next year, I am planning to transfer her to Gujarat Board school from 9th standard. My daughter is weak in Maths. So, should I transfer her to Gujarat Board or not?

29th September 2018, 05:00 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to migrate into Gujarat Board for CBSE 8th student who is weak in Maths?

Difficulty level of Mathematics in Gujarat Board and CBSE Board is nearly same.

I think, instead of changing her Board, you can make her join any reputed coaching for Mathematics.

After passing 10th standard, you can make her to choose Commerce or Arts stream as she feels problem in Mathematics.

By changing her board from Gujarat Board to CBSE, she may face a broad change in curriculum and syllabus of Board.

Apart from that, she may lose some of her good friends and teachers who have helped her in every hurdles of school life.
29th September 2018, 08:25 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to migrate into Gujarat Board for CBSE 8th student who is weak in Maths?

1. There is no such evidence that shows that changing boards can help in getting a student stronger in a subject. Mathematics is a subject of practice and your daughter needs to understand this.

2. Central Board of Secondary Education is better board as compared to any state board. You should let your daughter study from this board only.

3. Arrange a good tutor for her who can teach her basics first then help in solving exercises. Once she gains confidence in subject, she would excel immediately.
29th September 2018, 10:48 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

I would like to suggest you to pursue your schooling from CBSE board because when you will pass your 12th standard you will come to know the value of CBSE board. Most of the entrance exams like medical or Engineering entrance tests are conducted by CBSE board now a days. So it is better to study in CBSE board.
30th September 2018, 12:38 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I do not think it is best option to change the board if you are weak in Mathematics as in every board you have to pursue and appear in examination for mathematics paper.

So, it is better to focus on mathematics and regular practice will convert your weakness into your strength.
30th September 2018, 06:50 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Central Board of Secondary Education is one of the best board of India for Secondary and Senior Secondary education. It does matter whether you daughter is weak or strong, CBSE is far better than state boards of India.

Now, coming to weakness in Mathematics, the curriculum of Mathematics of CBSE is good and it will definitely help your daughter. You should ask your daughter to first understand the concepts better then solve the exercise multiple times. Practice is the panacea for this subject.
30th September 2018, 08:45 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

By changing the board you are not going to overcome your weakness.

So, it is best to work on your weakness and regular practice is the key to success in mathematics.

In every board you are going to have mathematics as main paper.
30th September 2018, 10:29 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Central Board of Secondary Education is a better board as compared to Gujarat State Board of Education. It is not a good decision.

You must allow her to study in same board. Board change is not going to help your daughter. She must devote more time on mathematics to excel in it.
30th September 2018, 10:58 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Changing the board is not the best option to overcome your weakness or to make yourself better in Mathematics.

" Practice makes a man perfect is a good " proverb and you will become eligible to score good in maths if you will do regular practice for mathematics. Candidates in Gujarat board also have to pursue mathematics in 9th and 10th.

So, in my opinion instead of changing the board it is better to do hard work to score better in mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?