30th November 2015, 10:28 AM
N.NITESH

Which is best after B.Tech among M.Tech and MBA?

I have completed my b.tech with electronic & communication. Now I want to do post graduate with MBA or M-TECH.. what is the best for me ?? Pls help

30th November 2015, 03:52 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which is best after B.Tech among M.Tech and MBA?

There should be no ambiguity between MBA and M.Tech because both are different.

If you are interested in engineering and want to continue your future in this field, then there is no reason to do MBA, you will not find it interesting. You can do phd after M.Tech, after that there is no dearth of opportunities. Don't just go after money, look for your interest as well.

On the other hand, if you didn't find engineering interested, then you should definitely go for MBA. MBA is completely different from M.Tech. YOu have to appear for CAT and GMAT for admission in MBA institutes.
30th November 2015, 04:45 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You must go for Master of Technology as you have done bachelor's degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering. You can apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering exam for admission in M.Tech in top colleges of India.

IITs, NITs and other government college take admission in M.Tech through GATE scorecard. There are various disciplines in M.Tech for ECE candidates like Signal Processing, Microprocessor etc.
30th November 2015, 05:42 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.NITESH View Post
I have completed my b.tech with electronic & communication. Now I want to do post graduate with MBA or M-TECH.. what is the best for me ?? Pls help
MBA stands for Master in Business Administration.

While M.Tech refers to Master in Technology.

It completely depends on your interest because both the post graduate courses are best in their part.

If you are interested in continuing your engineering studies, then you must go with M.Tech.

It will enhance your technical skills and further you can become a lecturer in any decent engineering college.

If you get admission in IITs or NITs for pursuing M.Tech through GATE Exam, then there will be large opportunities open for you including MNC jobs as well.

MBA on the other part is steadily growing its popularity among students.

Now a days, MNCs require B.Tech+MBA graduates to work in their companies.

So that, technocrats have some technical as well as management skills.

Such graduates are often awarded with high paid jobs.
30th November 2015, 06:00 PM
sanju0770

HI friend,

According to me you should go for MBA as it has more value then M.tech in terms of Industry Exposure. You will get benefited from both Technical knowledge as well as Business knowledge. Now a days companies are focusing on candidates having more knowledge in different domains rather than vast knowledge in same field.

Prepare for CAT/MAT and get admission in MBA from some nice Business school

I hope it will help
30th November 2015, 06:53 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Choice of career after bachelor's degree should be totally done upon one's own interest. Both MBA and M.Tech have good scope in future. But since you have done Bachelor of technology course in Electronics and Communication Engineering, technical field will be more suitable for you for future career.

You can get admission in M.Tech through GATE exam. GATE is conducted by IIT or IISC. GATE rankcard is used by many PSU for recruitment purposes also. Therefore, you can appear for GATE exam and try to excel in exam for better rank and hence for your career opportunities.
30th November 2015, 06:57 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After having completed B.tech in Electronics and Communication it is better that you opt for doing M.tech as your post graduation course other than choosing MBA. MBA is also a highly opted course and demanded course but you can opt it only if you want to gain business management skills and if you want to continue in any stream which you have previously learnt and get a job in core companies then you can opt M.tech.

For joining in M.tech course you need to have completed a degree with at least 60% aggregate and the most important thing is you should write the GATE exam. Depending upon your GATE score you can choose colleges for purusing M.tech course.

Top colleges for M.tech in India:
  • Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay)
  • Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi)
  • Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT Kanpur)
  • Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT KGP)
  • Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras)
  • Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee)
  • Indian Institute of Technology - Banaras Hindu University (IIT-BHU)
  • Indian School of Mines (ISM)
  • Jadavpur University (Faculty of Engineering & Technology)
  • Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology
30th November 2015, 07:36 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Soon after the completion of your B.Tech course in ECE, I suggest you to look for job opportunities rather than going for higher studies. Because there were many core companies in the field of ECE which are giving top salaries for the candidates.

Few of those companies are
BSNL
BHEL
BEL
LG
Bharti Airtel etc.

The selection would be done on the basis of GATE score and by an Interview there after.

You did not mention whether you have gone through GATE Exam or not. Incase if you are a GATE qualified candidate with good score, then it would be better to go for job opportunities. By the time you complete your Post Graduation, you would be getting 2 years of industry experience. If you are placed in a reputed organization, Post Graduation you can pursue in Distance Education also.

If you are not qualified in GATE and not able to get a job, then I suggest you to go for higher studies. M.Tech and MBA at Post Graduation level are very good courses. After completion of any of these courses, you will be having good career scope and job opportunities.

The admission for both these courses would be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

In order to join M.Tech course, you need to appear for GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering). This is a national wide Entrance Exam to get admission for M.Tech course in various IIT's and other prestigious institutions.

In addition, there would be separate university level Entrance Exams through which you can get admission in any of the affiliated colleges under that university. But doing M.Tech in such colleges will not be a value add for you.

In order to join MBA course, you need to crack any of the following Entrance Exams
CAT
MAT
GMAT etc.

If you want to pursue your career in your core ECE side, then opt for M.Tech course otherwise opt for MBA course. Join the course as per your interest.

Following specializations would be good choice for you in MBA course.
MBA in Systems Management
MBA in Operations Management
30th November 2015, 07:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

This dilemma exists with every candidate after completion of Bachelor's degree in technology, either to go for Master of Business Administration or Master of Technology. Both courses are equally good. It depends upon your interest and what actually you want to achieve in life and future in terms of career.

If you are not technically strong and you do not have good fundamentals in technical subjects then you can go for MBA course and if you are good at technical subjects then M.Tech will be the best option for you.

You can apply for GATE for M.Tech and CAT exam for MBA courses.
30th November 2015, 10:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You have completed B.Tech degree so it's better for you to do M.Tech degree so first GATE exam then you can apply for M.Tech course.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
30th November 2015, 10:50 PM
userdefined

ECE is the best and evergreen department in the field of Engineering. It is always difficult to get this branch in some institutions in India.
After B.Tech, It is depending on you whether to take Management studies or Technical Studies.
If you are interested in Management, then try for Entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT etc and crack it. If you get good marks you can get into IIM's.
If you are interested in Research, then alone try for M.Tech in some specializations.
If not then try for GATE, If you get good marks you can join any PSU's and also you can try for M.Tech in IIT's and NIT's.
30th November 2015, 11:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The best course after Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering for you is Master of Technology without any doubt. So, you must apply for GATE exam for M.Tech course.

GATE exam is an online exam for admission in top engineering institutes in India. It is of 100 marks and if you manage to secure more than 60 marks in GATE exam you can get admission in top institutes like IIT, NIT etc.

The best stream for ECE will be VLSI, Signal processing, RF engineering etc. You can select as per your interest.
30th November 2015, 11:19 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which is best after B.Tech among M.Tech and MBA?

B.Tech stands for Bachelors in Technology and basically it is a 4 years graduation program. It has immense scope in the modern day as there are plenty of job opportunities and work flows that are prevailing in the market. It now completely boils down to the details about how much knowledge one has and what is that persons actual capability to fare in today's competitive market.

Talking about further studies, there are many people who do not want to go for it. There are various reasons about it such as no return on investment, lack of awareness, inability to score well in competitive exams and other financial needs to fulfill. However, if one has time and has the will to do a post graduation it would always be fruitful later in life and career.

The two best options pertaining to doing a masters level of education are MBA or M.Tech. Both are equally good however, it is seen that MBA is much more in demand in the market than M.Tech. Being a continuation of technical study, M.Tech is good for reputation however when it comes to job prospects and abundance of the value of the course, it is next to nil in India.

Still if you wish to do M.Tech, you need to sit for the exam GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It requires a min B.Tech qualification with no backlogs and there is no such age limit for it. However, cracking it may be tough since it has all technical stuffs put up on the exam.

On the other hand, MBA stands for Masters in Business Administration and it has tremendous market value in terms of job abundance, average salaries and more. If you wish to take up MBA, please sit for the exams CAT, MAT, CMAT, GMAT, NMAT, SNAP, IIFT etc and more and crack them for getting admission to top MBA college seats.

One thing to keep in mind is both these courses are of 2 years duration. Thus, on that front they are same/similar. However, the content taught is completely different in these courses. I would recommend doing MBA for you.
30th November 2015, 11:21 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Both have equal opportunities soon after completion of B.Tech. But you have completed B.Tech in Electronic and Communication Engineering. So my best suggestion is better to take " M.Tech " since you have completed with Core stream.

Or else you can also take MBA in various specializations but the decision is completely on you. Each and every course has a their own importance. If you complete M.Tech then you will get jobs in same filed. But this not happen with MBA. You can completely change your field after B.Tech.
30th November 2015, 11:57 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

At the time final year of B.Tech, if any student is selected for job in campus selection in the college then the student must join the job for two years and then after go for Masters degree if they decide so that after Masters they will have Masters degree as well experience of two years which will be very helpful in getting jobs with better payment.

Both MBA and M.Tech are different from each other.
It depends on the student in which field they are interested to make their career such as whether the student want to enter in field of marketing with technical experience or want to continue with technical education.

If any student is 100% sure about making career in marketing then MBA will be best but if there is little bit of uncertainty in mind about career through MBA or not sure about that then the student must go with M.Tech only without any doubt.
As in M.Tech students get chance to explore more with their B.Tech knowledge and can also make career in field of research or teaching through NET.
1st December 2015, 03:21 PM
anuradha1985

If you have done B.Tech so You should have to do M.tech and by the way M.Tech and MBA are extremely different and you have Engineering backgroud

M.tech Eligibility
You need Gate score card for taking admission in M.tech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?