17th July 2012, 10:25 PM
abhivarsh

Which is the best engineering stream in India?

which is the best engineering stream in india at present?....pelase tell me whic is it

Related Questions:
18th July 2012, 01:48 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is the best engineering stream in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhivarsh View Post
which is the best engineering stream in india at present?....pelase tell me whic is it
There is no simple answer to your question. Most of the engineering fields are very good to pursue and basically it all depends on your choice and the field you would like to work in after completing B.Tech.

It really depends on what does best means to you. If it means that you want Engineering with maximum scope then ECE and Mechanical are the best Engineering courses. However if to you best means well paid engineering courses then Automobile and Aeronautics are perhaps the best option. However I must add that both these fields are also very difficult.

To me the best branch would be the one which offers wide range of well paid jobs in various fields. In that extend, I would say Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) is the best stream of Engineering. After completing B.Tech in ECE, you get wide range of options for jobs. You can work in IT company, Telecom, Public Sector Undertaking, Electronics and many more. A lot of people consider ECE to be evergreen field of engineering. Jobs would never dry up in the field and you will always find a job no matter how worse is the economic condition.

Here are the fields in which you may get the job.

PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS (PSU)

Everyone desires to get a job in government sector. Most Engineers want to work in Public Sector Undertakings because of job security and these days PSU are paying employees handsomely. Luckily ECE candidate can get job in most of the PSU in India. Below are the list where you may apply.

ISRO

BALCO

DRDO

INDIAN RAILWAYS

ONGC

BMRC

BHEL

IOCL

GAIL

TELECOM SECTOR

One of the brighest sectors in India is Telecom. India's telecom sector is growing at a tremendeous pace in past few years. It happened largely due to cheap services offered by the telecom companies. These telecom companies are always on the lookout of the Electronics and Communication Engineers. There are plenty of jobs in companies like:

IDEAL CELLULAR

VODAFONE

RELIANCE COMMUNICATIONS

TATA TELE

BSNL

BHARTI AIRTEL

MTNL

AIRCEL

IT INDUSTRY

Well IT industry is also not far behind in terms of growth. IT industry is the biggest job market for the ECE students. Companies like Infosys is always on the hunt for good ECE graduates. Infosys is responsible for largest on campus jobs for the ECE candidates. Now the demand is not just limited to Indian IT Companies. Since most major IT companies have offices in India, you will find IT as a attrative job market.

MICROSOFT

HP

INTEL

INFOSYS

GOOGLE

WIPRO

HCL

IBM

CONSUMER ELECTRONICS

As we are going through economic boom, India's large middle class is only expanding further. This middle class want refrigerators, televisions, LCD tv, Mobiles, AC etc. This is the reason why consumer electronics companies in India are doing very well. This field also offer plenty of jobs to Electronics and Communication Engineers.

SAMSUNG

GODREJ

VIDEOCON

LG ELECTRONICS

ONIDA

SIEMENS
18th July 2012, 04:18 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hello...!!

-->my dear friend you have asked about best stream in engineering,but according to me answer of this question is not so simple because which one is best does not matter.

-->the main thing that matters is only your interest that in which field you are interested.

-->more than scope your technical knowledge,your skills matter more if you are good enough in professional field then definitely you will get the chance.

-->normally in engg. in every college following streams are available:-

*CSE
*IT
*EE
*ECE
CIVIL
*MECHANICAL
*INDUSTRIAL

so you can try in any one of these in which you are interested.perform well n definitely you will get the success.

all the best....go ahead!
18th July 2012, 04:43 PM
archanagalenka

Its totally up to u that which field interests u the most and in which field you want to go but i would personally suggest you to go in either for computer science or for electronics and communications

Both these branches are very hot in demand currently in the market and you can be assured of your job as it has a lot of scope in future..
18th July 2012, 07:36 PM
lakshmi dhana

At present ECE===ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGG. ranks first because almost all PSU's hire students from this core branch.....

The List of Public Sector Undertakings to India details all Government of India ownedPublic Sector Undertakings in India=======
S.No Company Incorporated Ministry City State Sector Group Ratna status
1 Air India Air Transport Services Ltd. 2003 Ministry Of Civil Aviation Mumbai Maharashtra Services Transport Services
2 Air India Charters 1972 Ministry Of Civil Aviation Mumbai Maharashtra Services Transport Services
3 Air India Engineering Services Ltd. 2006 Ministry Of Civil Aviation Mumbai Maharashtra Enterprises Under Construction
4 Airline Allied Services Ltd. 1983 Ministry of Civil Aviation Services Transport Services
5 Airports Authority Of India Ltd. 1996 Ministry of Civil Aviation Services Transport Services Miniratna Category - I
6 Akaltara Power Ltd. 2006 Ministry of Power Chhattisgarh
7 Andaman & Nicobar Islands Forest and Plantation Development Corporation 1977 Ministry Of Environment & Forests Port Blair Andaman & Nicobar Islands Agriculture Agro Based Industries
8 Andrew Yule & Company Ltd. 1979 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Mumbai West Bengal Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
9 Antrix Corporation Ltd. 1993 Dept. Of Space Bangalore Karnataka Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
10 Artificial Limbs Mfg. Corpn. Of India 1973 Ministry Of Social Justice & Empowerment Kanpur Uttar Pradesh Manufacturing Consumer Goods
11 Assam Ashok Hotel Corporation Ltd. 1985 Ministry Of Tourism Assam Services Tourist Services
12 Calmer Lawrence & Co. Ltd. 1924 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Talkative West Bengal Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering Ministration Category - I
13 Calmer Laurie Investments Ltd. 2001 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Folktale West Bengal Services Financial Services
14 BBQ Construction Company Ltd. 1984 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Folktale West Bengal Services Contract & Construction Services
15 BEL Optoelectronic Devices Ltd. 1990 Ministry Of Defense D/o Defense Production Tune Maharashtra Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
16 BEML Ltd. 1964 Ministry Of Defense D/o Defense Production Bangalore Karnataka Manufacturing Transportation Equipment Miniratna Category - I
17 Bengal Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd. 1981 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Pharmaceuticals Kolkata West Bengal Manufacturing Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
18 Bharat Bhari Udyog Nigam Ltd. 1986 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Kolkata West Bengal Manufacturing Heavy Engineering
19 Bharat Coking Coal Ltd. 1972 Ministry Of Coal Dhanbad Jharkhand Mining Coal & Lignite
20 Bharat Dynamics Ltd. 1970 Ministry Of Defence D/o Defence Production Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering Miniratna Category - I
21 Bharat Electronics Ltd. 1954 Ministry Of Defence D/o Defence Production Bangalore Karnataka Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering Navratna
22 Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. 1964 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Manufacturing Heavy Engineering Navratna
23 Bharat Heavy Plate & Vessels Ltd. 1966 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Visakhapatnam Andhra Pradesh Manufacturing Heavy Engineering
24 Bharat Immunologicals & Biologicals Corp. Ltd. 1989 Ministry Of Science & Technology D/o Biotechnology Bulandshahr Uttar Pradesh Manufacturing Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
25 Bharat Petro Resources JPDA Ltd. 2006 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Mumbai Maharashtra Enterprises Under Construction
26 Bharat Petro Resources Ltd. 2006 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Mumbai Maharashtra Enterprises Under Construction
27 Bharat Petroleum Corpn. Ltd. 1976 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Mumbai Maharashtra Manufacturing Petroleum (refinery & Marketing) Navratna
28 Bharat Pumps & Compressors Ltd. 1970 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Allahabad Uttar Pradesh Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
29 Bharat Refractories Ltd. 1974 Ministry Of Steel Mining Other Minerals & Metals
30 Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. 2000 Ministry Of Communications & Information Technology D/o Telecommunications Services Telecommunication Services Miniratna Category - I
31 Bharat Wagon & Engg. Co. Ltd. 1978 Ministry Of Railways Patna Bihar Manufacturing Heavy Engineering
32 Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Ltd. 2003 Dept. Of Atomic Energy Chennai Tamilnadu Enterprises Under Construction
33 Bhartiya Rail Bijlee Co. Ltd. 2007 Ministry Of Power New Delhi Enterprises Under Construction
34 Biecco Lawrie 1919 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Kolkata West Bengal Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
35 Bihar Drugs & Organic Chemicals Ltd. 1994 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Pharmaceuticals Bihar Enterprises Under Construction
36 Birds Jute & Export Ltd. 1987 Ministry Of Textiles Kolkata West Bengal Manufacturing Textiles
37 Bokaro Kodarma Maithon Transmission Company Ltd. 2007 Ministry Of Power New Delhi Enterprises Under Construction
38 Brahmaputra Crackers & Polymers Ltd. 2006 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Lepetkata Assam Enterprises Under Construction
39 Brahmaputra Valley Fertilizer Corpn. Ltd. 2002 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Fertilizer Dibrugarh Assam Manufacturing Fertilizers
40 Braithwaite & Co. Ltd. 1976 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Kolkata West Bengal Manufacturing Heavy Engineering
41 Bridge & Roof Co.(India) Ltd. 1972 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Kolkata West Bengal Services Contract & Construction Services Miniratna Category-I
42 British India Corporation Ltd. 1981 Ministry Of Textiles Kanpur Uttar Pradesh Manufacturing Textiles
43 Broadcast Engg. Consultants India Ltd. 1995 Ministry Of Information & Broadcasting Services Industrial Development & Tech. Consultancy Services Miniratna Category - II
44 Burn Standard Company Ltd. 1976 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Kolkata West Bengal Manufacturing Heavy Engineering
45 Cement Corporation of India 1965 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Manufacturing Consumer Goods
46 Central Coalfields Limited 1975 Ministry Of Coal Jharkhand Mining Coal & Lignite Miniratna Category - I
47 Central Cottage Industries Corpn. Of India Ltd. 1976 Ministry Of Textiles Services Trading & Marketing
48 Central Electronics Limited 1974 Ministry Of Science & Technology D/o Scientific & Industrial Research Uttar Pradesh Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
49 Central Inland Water Transport Corpn. Ltd. 1967 Ministry Of Shipping Kolkata West Bengal Manufacturing Transportation Equipment
50 Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Ltd. 1975 Ministry Of Coal Jharkhand Services Industrial Development & Tech. Consultancy Services Miniratna Category - II
51 Central Railside Warehousing Co. Ltd. 2007 Ministry Of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution D/o Food & Public Distribution New Delhi Services Trading & Marketing
52 Central Warehousing Corporation 1957 Ministry Of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution D/o Food & Public Distribution Services Trading & Marketing Miniratna Category - I
53 Certification Engineers International Ltd. 1994 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Services Industrial Development & Tech. Consultancy Services Miniratna Category - I
54 Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd. 1965 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Chennai Tamilnadu Manufacturing Petroleum (refinery & Marketing) Miniratna Category - I
55 Coal India Ltd. 1973 Ministry Of Coal Kolkata West Bengal Mining Coal & Lignite Maharatna
56 Coastal Karnataka Power Ltd. 2006 Ministry Of Power Enterprises Under Construction
57 Coastal Maharashtra Mega Power Ltd. 2006 Ministry Of Power Enterprises Under Construction
58 Coastal Tamil Nadu Power Ltd. 2007 Ministry Of Power New Delhi Enterprises Under Construction
59 Cochin Shipyard Ltd. 1972 Ministry Of Shipping Kochi Kerala Manufacturing Transportation Equipment Miniratna Category - I
60 Container Corporation of India 1988 Ministry Of Railways Services Transport Services Miniratna Category - I
61 Cotton Corporation of India 1970 Ministry Of Textiles Mumbai Maharashtra Services Trading & Marketing
62 Creda HPCL Biofuel Ltd. 2008 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Chandigarh Enterprises Under Construction
63 Damodar Valley Corporation 1948 Ministry Of Power Kolkata West Bengal Electricity
63 Dedicated Fright Corridor Corp. Of India Ltd. 2007 Ministry Of Railways New Delhi Enterprises Under Construction
64 Donyi Polo Ashok Hotel Ltd. 1985 Ministry Of Tourism Arunachal Pradesh Services Tourist Services
65 Dredging Corpn. Of India Ltd. 1977 Ministry Of Shipping Services Transport Services Miniratna Category - I
66 East North Interconnection Co. Ltd. 2007 Ministry Of Power New Delhi Enterprises Under Construction
67 Eastern Coalfields Ltd. 1975 Ministry Of Coal Asansol West Bengal Mining Coal & Lignite
68 EDCIL (India) Ltd. 1981 Ministry Of Human Resource Development D/o Secondary Education & Higher Education Uttar Pradesh Services Industrial Development & Tech. Consultancy Services Miniratna Category - II
69 Electronics Corpn. Of India Ltd. 1967 Dept. Of Atomic Energy Andhra Pradesh Medium & Light Engineering
70 Engineering Projects (India) Ltd. 1970 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Services Industrial Development & Tech. Consultancy Services Miniratna Category - II
71 Engineers India Ltd. 1965 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Services Industrial Development & Tech. Consultancy Services Miniratna Category - I
72 Ennore Port Ltd. 1999 Ministry Of Shipping Chennai Tamilnadu Services Transport Services Miniratna Category - I
73 Export Credit Guarantee Corpn.of India Ltd. 1957 Ministry Of Commerce & Industry D/o Commerce Mumbai Maharashtra Services Financial Services
74 FCI Aravali Gypsum & Minerals (India) Ltd. 2003 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Fertilizer Jodhpur Rajasthan Mining Other Minerals & Metals
75 Ferro Scrap Nigam Ltd. 1979 Ministry Of Steel Chhattisgarh Manufacturing Steel Miniratna Category - II
76 Fertilizer Corpn. Of India Ltd. 1961 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Fertilizer Uttar Pradesh Manufacturing Fertilizers
77 Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore 1943 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Fertilizer Kerala Manufacturing Fertilizers
78 Food Corpn. Of India 1965 Ministry Of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution D/o Food & Public Distribution Services Trading & Marketing
79 Fresh & Healthy Enterprises Ltd. 2006 Ministry Of Railways Services Transport Services
80 GAIL (India) Ltd. 1984 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Manufacturing Petroleum (Refining & Marketing) Navratna
81 Gail Gas Ltd. 2008 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas New Delhi Enterprises Under Construction
82 Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd. 1960 Ministry Of Defence D/o Defence Production Kolkata West Bengal Manufacturing Transportation Equipment Miniratna Category - I
83 Ghogarpalli Integrated Power Company Ltd. 2009 Ministry Of Power New Delhi Enterprises Under Construction
84 Goa Shipyard Ltd. 1967 Ministry Of Defence D/o Defence Production Vasco Da Gama Goa Manufacturing Transportation Equipment Miniratna Category - I
85 Handicrafts & Handloom Exports Corp. Of India Ltd. 1962 Ministry Of Textiles Services Trading & Marketing
86 Heavy Engineering Corporation 1958 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Jharkhand Manufacturing Heavy Engineering
87 Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. 1964 Ministry Of Defence D/o Defence Production Bangalore Karnataka Manufacturing Transportation Equipment Navratna
88 Hindustan Antibiotics Ltd. 1954 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Pharmaceuticals Pune Maharashtra Manufacturing Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
89 Hindustan Cables Ltd. 1972 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Kolkata West Bengal Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
90 Hindustan Copper Limited 1967 Ministry Of Mines Kolkata West Bengal Mining Other Minerals & Metals Miniratna Category - I
91 Hindustan Fertilizer Corpn. Ltd. 1978 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Fertilizer Manufacturing Fertilizers
92 Hindustan Fluorocarbons Limited 1983 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Chemicals & Petrochemicals Andhra Pradesh Manufacturing Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
93 Hindustan Insecticides Ltd. 1954 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Chemicals & Petrochemicals Manufacturing Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
94 Hindustan Newsprint Ltd. 1982 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Kerala Manufacturing Consumer Goods Miniratna Category - I
95 Hindustan Organic Chemicals Ltd 1960 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Chemicals & Petrochemicals Mumbai Maharashtra Manufacturing Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
96 Hindustan Paper Corporation 1970 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Manufacturing Consumer Goods Miniratna Category - I
97 Hindustan Petroleum Corpn. Ltd. 1976 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Mumbai Maharashtra Manufacturing Petroleum (refinery & Marketing) Navratna
98 Hindustan Photo Films Manufacturing Co. Ltd. 1960 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Ootacamund Tamilnadu Manufacturing Consumer Goods
99 Hindustan Prefab Ltd. 1953 Ministry Of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation Services Contract & Construction Services
100 Hindustan Salts Ltd. 1959 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Jaipur Rajasthan Manufacturing Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
101 Hindustan Shipyard Ltd. 1952 Ministry Of Shipping Visakhapatnam Andhra Pradesh Manufacturing Transportation Equipment
102 Hindustan Steelworks Construction Ltd. 1964 Ministry Of Steel Kolkata West Bengal Services Contract & Construction Services
103 Hindustan Vegetable Oils Corpn. Ltd. 1984 Ministry Of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution D/o Food & Public Distribution Manufacturing Consumer Goods
104 HLL Lifecare Ltd. 1966 Ministry Of Health & Family Welfare D/o Of Health And Family Welfare Thiruvananthapuram Kerala Manufacturing Contraceptives, Pharma, Medical Devices Miniratna Category - I
105 HMT (International) Ltd. 1975 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Bangalore Karnataka Services Trading & Marketing Miniratna Category - II
106 HMT Bearings Ltd. 1981 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
107 HMT Chinar Watches Ltd. 1999 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Srinagar Jammu & Kashmir Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
108 HMT Ltd. 1953 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Bangalore Karnataka Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
109 HMT Machine Tools Ltd. 1999 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Bangalore Karnataka Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
110 HMT Watches Ltd. 1999 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Bangalore Karnataka Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
111 Hooghly Dock and Port Engineers Ltd. 1984 Ministry Of Shipping Kolkata West Bengal Manufacturing Transportation Equipment
112 Hooghly Printing Company Ltd. 1979 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Kolkata West Bengal Manufacturing Consumer Goods
113 Hotel Corpn. Of India Ltd. 1971 Ministry Of Civil Aviation Mumbai Maharashtra Services Tourist Services
114 Housing & Urban Dev. Corpn. Ltd. 1970 Ministry Of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation Services Financial Services Miniratna Category - I
115 HSCC (India) Ltd. 1983 Ministry Of Health & Family Welfare D/o Of Health And Family Welfare Uttar Pradesh Services Industrial Deveploment & Tech. Consultancy Services Miniratna Category - II
116 I A L Airport Services Ltd. 2003 Ministry Of Civil Aviation Mumbai Maharahashtra Enterprises Under Construction
117 ITI Ltd. 1950 Ministry Of Communications & Information Technology D/o Telecommunications Bangalore Karnataka Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
118 IDPL (Tamil Nadu) Ltd. 1994 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Pharmaceuticals Chennai Tamilnadu Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
119 Il Power Electronics Ltd. 2000 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Kota Rajasthan Enterprises Under Construction
120 India Infrastructure Finance Co. Ltd. 2006 Ministry Of Finance D/o Economic Affairs New Delhi Services Financial Services
121 India Tourism Development Corporation 1966 Ministry Of Tourism Services Tourist Services Miniratna Category - I
122 India Trade Promotion Organisation 1976 Ministry Of Commerce & Industry D/o Commerce Services Trading & Marketing Miniratna Category - II
123 Indian Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Ltd. 1961 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Pharmaceuticals Haryana Manufacturing Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
124 Indian Medicines & Pharmaceutical Corpn. Ltd. 1979 Ministry Of Health & Family Welfare D/o Ayush Almora Uttaranchal Manufacturing Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Miniratna Category - II
125 Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. 1964 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas New Delhi Manufacturing Petroleum (refinery & Marketing) Maharatna
126 Indian Oil Technologies Ltd. 2003 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Services Industrial Deveploment & Tech. Consultancy Services
127 Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation 1999 Ministry Of Railways Services Tourist Services Miniratna Category - I
128 Indian Railway Finance Corporation Ltd. 1986 Ministry Of Railways Services Financial Services
129 Indian Rare Earths Limited 1950 Dept. Of Atomic Energy Mumbai Maharashtra Mining Other Minerals & Metals
130 Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. 1987 Ministry Of New And Renewable Energy Services Financial Services
131 Indian Vaccine Corp. Ltd. 1988 Ministry Of Science & Technology D/o Biotechnology New Delhi Enterprises Under Construction
132 Instrumentation Control Valves Ltd. 2000 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Rajasthan Enterprises Under Construction
133 Instrumentation Digital Control Ltd. 2000 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Kota Rajasthan Enterprises Under Construction
134 Instrumentation Ltd. 1964 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Kota Rajasthan Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
135 Ircon International Ltd. 1976 Ministry Of Railways Services Contract & Construction Services Miniratna Category - I
136 J & K Mineral Development Corpn. Ltd. 1989 Ministry Of Steel Jammu & Kashmir Mining Other Minerals & Metals
137 Jagdishpur Paper Mills Ltd. 2008 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Uttar Pradesh Enterprises Under Construction
138 Jute Corporation Of India Ltd. 1971 Ministry Of Textiles Kolkata West Bengal Services Trading & Marketing
139 Kanti Bijlee Utpadan Nigam Ltd. 2006 Ministry Of Power New Delhi Enterprises Under Construction
140 Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd. 1981 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Pharmaceuticals Karnataka Manufacturing Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
141 Karnataka Trade Promotion Organisation 2000 Ministry Of Commerce & Industry D/o Commerce Karnataka Services Trading & Marketing
142 KIOCL Ltd. 1976 Ministry Of Steel Karnataka Mining Other Minerals & Metals
143 Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. 1990 Ministry Of Railways Navi Mumbai Maharashtra Services Contract & Construction Services
144 Kumarakruppa Frontier Hotels Ltd. 2001 Ministry Of Tourism Services Financial Services Miniratna Category - I
145 MMTC Ltd. 1963 Ministry Of Commerce & Industry D/o Commerce Services Trading & Marketing Miniratna Category - I
146 MSTC Ltd.(www.mstcindia.co.in) 1964 Ministry Of Steel Kolkata West Bengal Services Trading & Marketing Miniratna Category - I
147 Madhya Pradesh Ashok Hotel Corpn. Ltd. 1985 Ministry Of Tourism Bhopal Madhya Pradesh Services Tourist Services
148 Madras Fertilizers Ltd. 1966 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Fertilizer Chennai Tamilnadu Manufacturing Fertilizers
149 Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd. 1993 Ministry Of Coal Sambalpur Orissa Mining Coal & Lignite Miniratna Category - I
150 Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. 1986 Ministry Of Communications & Information Technology D/o Telecommunications Services Telecommunication Services Navratna
151 Maharashtra Elektrosmelt Ltd. 1974 Ministry Of Steel Mumbai Maharashtra Manufacturing Steel
152 Mangalore Refinary & Petrochemicals Ltd. 1988 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Mangalore Karnataka Manufacturing Petroleum (Refining & Marketing) Miniratna Category - I
153 Manganese Ore (India) Ltd. 1977 Ministry Of Steel Nagpur Maharashtra Mining Other Minerals & Metals Miniratna Category - I
154 Mazagon Dock Ltd. 1934 Ministry Of Defence D/o Defence Production Mumbai Maharashtra Manufacturing Transportation Equipment Miniratna Category - I
155 MECON Limited 1973 Ministry Of Steel Ranchi Jharkhand Services Industrial Deveploment & Tech.consultancy Services Miniratna Category - I
156 Millennium Telecom Ltd. 2000 Ministry Of Communications & Information Technology D/o Telecommunications Mumbai Maharashtra Services Telecommunication Services
157 Mineral Exploration Corpn. Ltd. 1972 Ministry Of Mines Nagpur Maharashtra Services Contract & Construction Services
158 Mishra Dhatu Nigam 1973 Ministry Of Defence D/o Defence Production Andhra Pradesh Manufacturing Steel Miniratna Category - I
159 Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Ltd. 1999 Ministry Of Railways Mumbai Maharashtra Services Contract & Construction Services
160 Nagaland Pulp & Paper Company Ltd. 1971 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Kolkata Manufacturing Consumer Goods
161 Narmada Hydroelectric Development Corpn. Ltd. 2000 Ministry Of Power Madhya Pradesh Electricity Generation
162 National Aluminium Company Ltd. 1981 Ministry Of Mines Bhubaneshwar Orissa Mining Other Minerals & Metals Navratna
163 National Aviation Co. Of India Ltd. 2007 Ministry Of Civil Aviation New Delhi Services Transport Services
164 National Backward Classes Finance & Development Corporation 1992 Ministry Of Social Justice & Empowerment Services Financial Services
165 National Buildings Construction Corporation Ltd. 1960 Ministry Of Urban Development Services Contract & Construction Services
166 National Fertilizers Ltd. 1974 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Fertilizers Noida Uttar Pradesh Manufacturing Fertilizers Miniratna Category - I
167 National Film Development Corporation of India 1975 Ministry Of Information & Broadcasting Mumbai Maharashtra Services Financial Services Miniratna Category - II
168 National Handicapped Finance & Development Corporation 1997 Ministry Of Social Justice & Empowerment Services Financial Services
169 National Handloom Development Corporation Ltd. 1983 Ministry Of Textiles Lucknow Uttar Pradesh Services Trading & Marketing
170 National Informatics Centre Services Incorporated 1995 Ministry Of Communications & Information Technology D/o Information Technology Services Industrial Development & Tech. Consultancy Services
171 National Insurance Company 1906 Ministry of Finance, Dept of Economic Affairs, Banking & Insurance Division Kolkata West Bengal Services Insurance
172 National Jute Manufactures Corporation Ltd. 1980 Ministry Of Textiles Kolkata West Bengal Manufacturing Textiles
173 National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation 1994 Ministry Of Minority Affairs Services Financial Services
174 National Projects Construction Corpn. Ltd. 1957 Ministry Of Water Resources Services Contract & Construction Services
175 National Research Development Corpn. 1953 Ministry Of Science & Technology D/o Scientific & Industrial Research Services Industrial Development & Tech. Consultancy Services
176 National Safai Karamcharis Finance & Development Corporation 1997 Ministry Of Social Justice & Empowerment Services Financial Services
177 National Scheduled Castes Finance & Development Corporation 1989 Ministry Of Social Justice & Empowerment Services Financial Services
178 National Scheduled Tribes Finance & Development Corporation 2001 Ministry Of Tribal Affairs Services Financial Services
179 National Seeds Corpn. Ltd. 1963 Ministry Of Agriculture D/o Agriculture And Cooperation Agriculture Agro Based Industries
180 National Small Industries Corpn. Ltd. 1955 Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Services Industrial Development & Tech. Consultancy Services
181 National Textile Corporation 1968 Ministry Of Textiles Manufacturing Textiles
182 Nepa Ltd. 1947 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Madhya Pradesh Manufacturing Consumer Goods
183 New India Assurance Company Ltd 1919 Ministry of Finance, Dept of Economic Affairs, Banking & Insurance Division Mumbai Maharastra Services Insurance
184 Neyveli Lignite Corpn. Ltd. 1956 Ministry Of Coal Tamil Nadu Mining Coal & Lignite Miniratna Category - I
185 NHPC Ltd. 1975 Ministry Of Power Haryana Electricity Generation Miniratna Category - I
186 NLC Tamilnadu Power Ltd. 2006 Ministry Of Coal Tamil Nadu Enterprises Under Construction
187 NMDC Ltd. 1958 Ministry Of Steel Andhra Pradesh Mining Other Minerals & Metals Navratna
188 North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Ltd. 1976 Ministry Of Power Shillong Meghalaya Electricity Generation
189 North Eastern Handicrafts & Handloom Development Corporation 1977 Ministry Of Development Of North Eastern Region Shillong Meghalaya Services Trading & Marketing
190 North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation 1982 Ministry Of Development Of North Eastern Region Assam Agriculture Agro Based Industries
191 North Karanpura Transmission Company Ltd. 2007 Ministry Of Power New Delhi Enterprises Under Construction
192 Northern Coalfields Ltd. 1985 Ministry Of Coal Singrauli Madhya Pradesh Mining Coal & Lignite Miniratna Category - I
193 NTPC Electric Supply Company Ltd. 2003 Ministry Of Power Electricity Transmission
194 NTPC Hydro Ltd. 2003 Ministry Of Power Enterprises Under Construction
195 NTPC Ltd. 1975 Ministry Of Power Electricity Generation Maharatna
196 NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam Ltd. 2003 Ministry Of Power Services Trading & Marketing
197 Nuclear Power Corpn. Of India Ltd. 1987 Dept. Of Atomic Energy Electricity Generation
198 Numaligarh Refinary Ltd. 1993 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Assam Manufacturing Petroleum (refinery & Marketing) Miniratna Category - I
199 Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. 1956 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Dehradun Uttaranchal Mining Crude Oil Maharatna
200 Oil India Ltd. 1981 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas New Delhi Mining Crude Oil Navratna
201 ONGC Videsh Ltd. 1965 Ministry Of Petroleum & Natural Gas Mining Crude Oil
202 Oriental Insurance Company 1947 Ministry of Finance, Dept of Economic Affairs, Banking & Insurance Division New Delhi National Capital Territory of Delhi Services Insurance
203 Orissa Drugs & Chemicals Ltd. 1979 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Pharmaceuticals Bhubaneswar Orissa Manufacturing Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
204 Orissa Integrated Power Ltd. 2006 Ministry Of Power New Delhi Enterprises Under Construction
205 PEC Ltd. 1971 Ministry Of Commerce & Industry D/o Commerce Services Trading & Marketing Miniratna Category - II
206 Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd. 1985 Ministry Of Civil Aviation Services Transport Services
207 PFC Consulting Ltd. 2008 Ministry Of Power New Delhi Services Industrial Development & Tech.Consultancy Services
208 Pondicherry Ashok Hotel Corpn. Ltd. 1986 Ministry Of Tourism Pondicherry Pondicherry Services Tourist Services
209 Power Finance Corporation 1986 Ministry Of Power Services Financial Services Navratna
210 Power Grid Corporation Of India Ltd. 1989 Ministry Of Power Electricity Transmission Navratna
211 Projects & Development India Ltd. 1978 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Fertilizer Noida Uttar Pradesh Manufacturing Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
212 Punjab Ashok Hotel Company Ltd. 1998 Ministry Of Tourism Enterprises Under Construction
213 Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd. 2003 Ministry Of Railways Services Contract & Construction Services
214 Railtel Corporation India Ltd. 2000 Ministry Of Railways Services Telecommunication Services
215 Rajasthan Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Ltd. 1978 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Pharmaceuticals Jaipur Rajasthan Manufacturing Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
216 Rajasthan Electronics and Instruments Ltd. 1981 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Jaipur Rajasthan Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering Miniratna Category - II
217 Ranchi Ashok Bihar Hotel Corpn. Ltd. 1983 Ministry Of Tourism Ranchi Jharkhand Services Tourist Services
218 Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers 1978 Ministry Of Chemicals & Fertilizers D/o Fertilizer Mumbai Maharashtra Manufacturing Fertilizers Miniratna Category - I
219 Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd. 1982 Ministry Of Steel Andhra Pradesh Manufacturing Steel Miniratna Category - I
220 REC Power Distribution Co. Ltd. 2007 Ministry Of Power New Delhi Electricity Generation
221 REC Transmission Project Co. Ltd. 2006 Ministry Of Power New Delhi Enterprises Under Construction
222 Richardson & Cruddas Ltd. 1972 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Mumbai Maharashtra Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
223 Rites Ltd. 1974 Ministry Of Railways Gurgaon Haryana Services Industrial Deveploment & Tech.consultancy Services Miniratna Category - II
224 Rural Electrification Corporation 1969 Ministry Of Power Services Financial Services Navratna
225 Sakhigopal Integrated Power Company Ltd. 2009 Ministry Of Power New Delhi Enterprises Under Construction
226 Sambhar Salts Ltd. 1964 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Jaipur Rajasthan Manufacturing Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
227 SJVN Ltd. 1988 Ministry Of Power Shimla Himachal Pradesh Electricity Generation Miniratna Category - I
228 Scooters India Ltd. 1972 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Lucknow Uttar Pradesh Manufacturing Transportation Equipment
229 Security Printing & Minting Corpn. India Ltd. 2006 Ministry Of Finance D/o Economic Affairs Manufacturing Consumer Goods Miniratna Category - I
230 Sethusamudram Corpn. Ltd. 2004 Ministry Of Shipping Chennai Tamilnadu Enterprises Under Construction
231 Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd. 1961 Ministry Of Shipping Mumbai Maharashtra Services Transport Services Navratna
232 South Eastern Coalfields Ltd. 1985 Ministry Of Coal Chhattisgarh Mining Coal & Lignite Miniratna Category - I
233 Sponge Iron India Ltd. 1978 Ministry Of Steel Andhra Pradesh Manufacturing Steel
234 State Farms Corporation Of India Ltd. 1969 Ministry Of Agriculture D/o Agriculture And Cooperation Agriculture Agro Based Industries
235 State Trading Corpn. Of India Ltd. 1956 Ministry Of Commerce & Industry D/o Commerce Services Trading & Marketing Miniratna Category - I
236 STCL Ltd. 1982 Ministry Of Commerce & Industry D/o Commerce Karnataka Services Trading & Marketing
237 Steel Authority Of India Ltd. 1973 Ministry Of Steel Manufacturing Steel Maharatna
238 Talcher-II Transmission Co. Ltd. 2007 Ministry Of Power New Delhi
239 Tamil Nadu Trade Promotion Organisation 2000 Ministry Of Commerce & Industry D/o Commerce Chennai Tamil Nadu Services Trading & Marketing
240 Tehri Hydro Development Corp. Ltd. 1988 Ministry Of Power Rishikesh Uttaranchal Electricity Generation Miniratna Category - I
241 Telecommunications Consultants (India) Ltd. 1978 Ministry Of Communications & Information Technology D/o Telecommunications Services Industrial Development & Tech. Consultancy Services Miniratna Category - I
242 Triveni Structurals Ltd. 1965 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Allahabad Uttar Pradesh Manufacturing Heavy Engineering
243 Tungabhadra Steel Products Ltd. 1960 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Karnataka Manufacturing Heavy Engineering
244 Tyre Corporation of India 1984 Ministry Of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises D/o Heavy Industries Kolkata West Bengal Manufacturing Consumer Goods
245 United India Insurance Company 1938 Ministry of Finance, Dept of Economic Affairs, Banking & Insurance Division Chennai Tamil Nadu Services Insurance
246 Uranium Corporation of India 1967 Dept. Of Atomic Energy Jaduguda Jharkhand Mining Other Minerals & Metals
247 Utkal Ashok Hotel Corpn. Ltd. 1983 Ministry Of Tourism Puri Orissa Services Tourist Services
248 Vignyan Industries Ltd. 1984 Ministry Of Defence D/o Defence Production Karnataka Manufacturing Medium & Light Engineering
249 WAPCOS Limited 1969 Ministry Of Water Resources Services Industrial Development & Tech. Consultancy Services Miniratna Category - II
250 Western Coalfields Ltd. 1975 Ministry Of Coal Nagpur Maharashtra Mining Coal & Lignite Miniratna Category - I
251 Ujjivan Financial Services Ltd. 2012 Under RBI regulations Bangalore Karnataka Micro-finance Microfinance Miniratna Category - II}

If you choose ECE,,you take an opportunity to apply for all these PSU's.........

GOOD LUCK!!!
18th July 2012, 10:00 PM
NEETATRIPATHI92

Respected sir/mam,

if i am a student or a parent and need to select an engineering courses , then my preference order will be:

1)Computer science
2)information technology
3)electronics and communication
4)electrical engineering
5)mechanical engineering
6) civil engineering

once i'm done admission in any course,i will concentrate and work hard to be best in that . always remember,

best in any field is always rare and respected

so ,i suggest you to work hard and to live your dream
18th July 2012, 10:31 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

There are a lot of branches of B.Tech and the job opportunities of all the branch is quite good. So basically the decision needs to be taken by you. Give stress more on the subjects which interests you then automatically chances of getting good marks will automatically increase. You have to remember that whatever subject you will choose now you have to carry that for the rest of your life. So be very choosy about it.

Some of the popular branches are as follows:

>>Aersopace engineering
>>Automobile engineering
>>Mechanical engineering
>>Electrical engineering
>>Electronics and communication engineering
>>Computer science engineering
>>IT engineering
>>Chemical engineering
>>Marine engineering

Of all the above mentioned streams right now electronics and communication engineering and computer science engineering is in great demand and most of the colleges is witnessing a heavy rush for both these subjects. But in my opinion the core subjects are always a safe bet because the course structure of these subjects are such that they includes lots of other streams in their syllabus. Thus a mechanical engineer also gets knowledge about aerospace and automobile engineering to a great extent as well. Moreover the demand of this subject can never go out of demand.

But talking about the other subjects their demands can get affected due to recession or other external cause. At that point of time you may face problem regarding promotion and in extreme cases many loses their jobs as well. But thats just a rough phase. With so many options to opt for that now-a-days this is not that serious a problem anymore.

Talking about job opportunities engineering is a field with vast scope. So if you have great skills and good educational background then you can go a long way.

Engineering technique is helpful in almost in all industry. Freshers easily gets in the beginning itself recruitment in various posts like

>>quality manager
>>project manager
>>factory manager
>>land surveyor
>>service engineer
>>site engineer
>>design engineer etc.

Top Recruiters:

DRDO
NTPC
BSNL
TCS
Wipro
Infosys
IBM
Accenture
Mahindra
HCL
Satyam
19th July 2012, 02:09 AM
chunduriphani

Wink Re: Which is the best engineering stream in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhivarsh View Post
Instead of doing little research or listening to the people in the industry most of parents just read news paper to make conclusions, which in long run make a deep impact on career and in turn whole life. Presently due to the global recession and Stayam scandal, ones again most of the people are in dilemma about Computer Engineering and Electronics Engineering.
Electronics and Electrical Engineering are very good and highly job oriented courses. No doubts and questions about that fact. But when it comes to faculty and practical experiments most of the colleges does not have sufficient infrastructure. Moreover after finishing most of these engineers work in software companies as there no sufficient companies who work in core areas of Electronics and Electrical Engineering.
At last we are left with Computer engineering and IT. The infrastructure required for these courses is very easy to provide and if teaching is not good at college finding a tutor outside even in a small town is not a problem. More importantly when google, Microsoft and other top companies come for campus interviews they don’t allow any other stream than CS and IT.
Even after electrical or electronics engineering one goes to software jobs, more over top software companies do not allow them to appear for test and interview. Therefore, I don’t see any logic in going for these courses if computer science or IT is available. We have more software companies than any other companies. These companies pay good salaries and also give a chance for foreign assignments that will further enhance your personal and professional skills.
If I am the student or parent and need to select an engineering course, my order of preference will be.
1 Computer Science and Engineering
2 Information Technology
3 Electronics and Communication Engineering
4 Electrical Engineering
5 Mechanical Engineering
6 Civil Engineering
Once I am done with admission in any course, I will concentrate and work hard to be best in that course. Best in any field is always rare and respected. So I suggest all of you to work hard and live to the dreams of you parents and make them proud.
19th July 2012, 11:52 AM
johan mishra
Junior Member+

There is no simple answer to your question. Most of the engineering fields are very good to pursue and basically it all depends on your choice and the field you would like to work in after completing B.Tech.

If it means that you want Engineering with maximum scope then ECE and Mechanical are the best Engineering courses. However if to you best means well paid engineering courses then Automobile and Aeronautics are perhaps the best option. However I must add that both these fields are also very difficult.

so do well
19th July 2012, 11:56 AM
johan mishra
Junior Member+

If it means that you want Engineering with maximum scope then ECE and Mechanical are the best Engineering courses. However if to you best means well paid engineering courses then Automobile and Aeronautics are perhaps the best option. However I must add that both these fields are also very difficult.

so do well
19th July 2012, 01:14 PM
mote shubhangi

well it depends on your interest that u like computer field or electronice or construction...scope iz for all the fields but students had made a wrong image that India dont have scope in any field.....there are many companies for softwares,hardwares,constructions etc....
21st July 2012, 08:03 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

The best streams in Engineering in India are :

* Mechanical Engineering * Electronics & Electrical Engineering

* Electronics & Communication Engineering

* Computer Science Engineering.

But it totally depends on you that in which stream you have the most interest and the stream in which you can perform at your very best.

But as per the placement analysis , Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science Engineering are the best .

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?