27th November 2010, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?

I hv completed 12th science in 2007 with 55%! m want to join merchant navy ! is it possible tat m eligible for merchant navy! plz rply me n suggest d bst course n institute!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  2. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  3. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  4. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  5. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  6. How can I join Merchant Navy having 72% in 12th with PCM? Fee structure of the course to pursue?
  7. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  9. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  10. How to join Merchant Navy after scoring mroe than 50% in PCM and more than 60% in English? List of merchant navy institutes?
  11. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  12. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  13. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
  14. How to join Merchant Navy after doing B.Com?
  15. How to join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th?
  16. Can girls after doing B.Sc. join navy or merchant navy?
  17. Can a Commerce stream student join Merchant Navy? How can I join Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  18. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
29th November 2010, 11:30 AM
Jinu Alex

Default Re: Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?

dear friend,
you got to write the various entrances to get into the best institutes offering the training of merchant navy. so even if your marks in 12th is low,if you score high in the entrance exams, then you have chances to get into the merchat navy.
the best institutes are:

Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Kolkata.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Mumbai.
Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai.

these are the top government colleges and most of them admit students based on the marks scored in IIT-JEE.
then there are several other entrance exams which other colleges organize for admitting students into their college. so be alert with the various announcements made.
and, start preparing well for IIT-JEE, AIEEE etc. all the very best. god bless you
2nd December 2010, 04:16 PM
vivek singh chauhan

Default Re: Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?

sir i want to join merchant nv....i got 68% markes in 10th and 83% in12th but i dont hv english in 12th ..can i apply or not and how can i achiv this and which institutes are best
13th January 2011, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

In 12th my sub. is chemistry,physics,biology,english and hindi.
Can i apply in merchant neavy?plz reply
16th January 2011, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i have scored 48 percent marks in, P.C.M. in 12th class, can i join merchent navy. Please rply me.
16th January 2011, 04:50 PM
punit_porwal

Unhappy Re: Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear friend if you are not from mathematical background then you will not be allowed in merchant navy..
27th January 2011, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have got marks 68% and i want to join merchant nevy but i don't know how........
30th January 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Plz tell interview question
6th February 2011, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

how can i enter in to marine feald after bsc physics ?
15th February 2011, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

sir i have 54% in 12th and 44% in physics chemistryand mathematics can i join Merchant Navy with this low marks
17th February 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is khan jahangir and i want join merchant navy as a deck cadet. sir i have got 47% i 12th and one off my uncle is chife engneer he told me to do that insted of gp sir please tell me the college for that and i have given imu entrance exam
17th March 2011, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is sunil i am form Rishikesh uttarakhand sir i join marchant navy nautical science or mba shipping but sir my problem my12th 58% physics 60 chimistery 46 math 69 english 40 number sir what can i apply this course please sir give me sajesan
21st March 2011, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

can these are private
3rd April 2011, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

if less den 55% in 12th pcm dey cn get addmision in merchant navy ?????????
n ne usess of sports certificate.........plzzz rly sir
5th April 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

hv completed 12th science in 2007 with 55%! m want to join merchant navy !
14th April 2011, 03:21 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

you got to write the various entrances to get into the best institutes offering the training of merchant navy. so even if your marks in 12th is low,if you score high in the entrance exams, then you have chances to get into the merchat navy.
the best institutes are:

these are the top government colleges and most of them admit students based on the marks scored in IIT-JEE.
then there are several other entrance exams which other colleges organize for admitting students into their college. so be alert with the various announcements made.
and, start preparing well for IIT-JEE, AIEEE etc. all the very best. god bless you
21st April 2011, 02:31 PM
doller chadha

Smile Re: Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?

]I have completed 12th science in 2011 with 60%! m want to join merchant navy ! is it possible that m eligible for merchant navy! plz rply me n suggest d bst course n institute! u can also contat me @
23rd April 2011, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

i want to know that can we join merchant navy through IIT????????
24th April 2011, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

i am 12th science appearing student in 2011 and i want to know that how can i take admission in any merchant navy colleges without qualifying IIT or AIEEE examination. plz reply.
26th April 2011, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

! All u need is to give 2 lacs to the person in-charge, and u are in. Best of luck!
27th April 2011, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have just given the 10 2 exam with 52%in PCM and 60%overall in 10th class...sir can i join merchant navy from better colleges
28th April 2011, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I hv completed 12th science in 2007 with 55%! m want to join merchant navy ! is it possible tat m eligible for merchant navy! plz rply me n suggest d bst course n institute!
i amm agree for me this instiutes join
my contact no. 8115469995
ple address for instiutes send
29th April 2011, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

sir kya 58% ke sath merchant nevy ki preperation ki ja sakti hai.
8th May 2011, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

sir m doing b.tech from electronic and instruments engineering can i apply.........................
23rd May 2011, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir i got 50.6% in pcm and overall 58.6%...i desperately want to persue my career in merchant navy..please help me how to get through..?..please please do reply sir...
30th May 2011, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I got overall 53% and in PCM 49% marks in 12th in 2011....i desperately want to persue my career in merchant navy..please help me how to get through..?..please please do reply sir..... i am very much tensed please help me out.
9th June 2011, 11:50 AM
omkar bankar

Default Re: Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 58% in after 12th?

Dear,
I am omkar bankar i have complete 12th science 2011. I have get 63 marks in math &physics and 50 marks in chemistry.
Please repaly my Email ID [email protected] or Mo. No. 9604088803
Thank you sir.
13th June 2011, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

dear,
i am geaw 4rm darjeeling nd want to join merchant navy after 12th. im a biotech student nd dnt hav math so is their any course?
13th June 2011, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

sir, i got 60% in 12th & 56% in PCM, so can i get admisson for merchant navy ? plz reply me sir.
16th June 2011, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

sir, i got 70% in diploma engg. , so can i get admisson for merchant navy ?
Email ID :- abhishekdpa10gmail.com
18th June 2011, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Red face Re: Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?

no u cant eligilbility is 65% in 12th with pcm
20th June 2011, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I have passed 10 2 exams from Tamil Nadu and scored 167, 178 & 177 in P C M. Also I have scored 23 marks in AIEEE. Please inform me whether I will get admission in Merchant Navy
SIDDHARTH
21st June 2011, 03:49 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

hallo friend,
yes, my friend you can appear in entrance exam of merchant navy.. different institutes are taking their respective entrance exams..
the name of some institutes those provide this course are-
1.Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Kolkata.
2.Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Mumbai.
3.Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.
the criteria is -
*you must have physics, chemistry,maths in your 12th.
*you must have 40% in PCM.
so, don't worry your 12th marks will not create any problem..
all the best..
22nd June 2011, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 58.2 % in 12th can i join merchant navy and how can i apply for merchant navy?
plz reply me soon as possible.
30th June 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

i want to join navy with 58% plz tel me hw do i contact u ,,,,,,,
30th June 2011, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

i want to join navy passd isc wid 58 %
9th July 2011, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
My Name is kawaljit singh, I Belong To Tarn Taran,I have Passed 10 2 In 2011,I got 60% in 10 2 exam's.
I have to join merchant navy.i desperately want to persue my career in merchant navy..please help me how to get through.
how can i apply for merchant navy....sir Plz reply
9th July 2011, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
My Name is kawaljit singh, i belong to tarn taran, i passed my 10 2 in this session, i got 60% marks in 10 2 non medical,
i want to join navy,.i desperately want to persue my career in merchant navy..please help me how to get through.
so plz reply
5th August 2011, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
sir, i have got marks 68% and i want to join merchant nevy but i don't know how........
dear friend,
u open the google and fill creer guidance in merchant navy......
13th August 2011, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

i am in till studying in 12 and i want to join TS rahanan what should i do i am form himachal pradesh
14th August 2011, 09:19 PM
ammajii

Hi dear,

the best institutes are:

Thanks
14th August 2011, 09:20 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Talking Re: Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?

Quote:
Merchant Navy is a programme which undergoes in ships for transporting vessels, cargo liners, tankers, carriers, as well as other special types of vehicles.

You must have done B.E/M.E in Marine engineering or B.sc nautical science.There are certain eligibility criteria's which you need to do these course so that you can join in Merchant Navy.

Eligibility:

B.E Marine Engineering:

Duration: 4 years

Eligibility: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English

B.S.C Nautical Science:

Duration: 3 years

Eligibility: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English

M.E Marine Engineering:

Duration: 2 years

Eligibility: B.E Marine Engineering.

The top institutes which you can opt for doing Merchant navy are:

The Training Ship Chanakya (T S Chanakya), Karaus, Navi Mumbai.

Marine Engineering Research Institute, P-19, Taratolla Rd, Kolkata-700088

Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai - 400 033

Directorate General of Shipping, Jahaj Bhavan, Ballard Estate, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Mumbai 400001

All the best.
22nd August 2011, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

when is the next will be held
24th August 2011, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

sir i have scored 48 % in 10 and 45 in 12 commerce plzz guide me im eligible or not ...
24th August 2011, 11:46 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Hi dear,

the best institutes are:

Thanks
27th August 2011, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

i am rajesh singh .
i have done 2 non medical form government school .
Dec.2011 . on paper
place give me merchant navy related question .
28th August 2011, 12:38 PM
prk.j

Quote:
to join merchant navy your subject should include maths instead of biology. because merchant navy require PCM i.e physics ,chemistry ,maths
29th August 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus of Merchant navy entrance test IPSR for 2011
22nd September 2011, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

i hav been preparing 4 medical entrances to be held in year-2012...are dre any opportunities 4 me 2 persue 4 civil lines...like air force,navy....etc...plz guide me...
26th September 2011, 06:44 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

there are many marine related colleges in india, mumbai is the better centre for this courses..

Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Kolkata-700088
Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Mumbai- 400 033

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?