7th February 2016, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Best path to follow to make a career in Astronomy? Best competitive exam for admission in M.Sc Astronomy?

I am in bsc first year, and I want to make my career in astronomy so what is best path to achieve my destiny, and other question is what are best competition exam should I prepare to get admission in msc, and have chance to move foriegn.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do after B.E to go for astronomy field?
  2. How can i change my career path from Computer Science to Astronomy?
  3. Possibility to get admission in Ph.D(Astronomy) programme for M.Sc(Astronomy) student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  4. Which course should I opt for making a career in astronomy after B.Sc? List of the top institutes for the same?
  5. Which courses to do after 9th so as to become an Astronaut?
  6. Which institutions offer M.Sc.or integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. course in astronomy?
  7. What should I do to make a career in Astronomy or any other space related course?
  8. How can I get admission in IIT for Ph.D in Astronomy programme?
  9. What are the various career options available in astronomy? List of the colleges along with their requirements for the same? Currently, I am in 10th class. What should I do for making career in astronomy?
  10. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What can I do to make a career in Astronomy?
  12. Scope of pursuing a career in Astronomy in IISC?
  13. What are the career options in Astronomy?
  14. Can I get admission for MSc in Astronomy in IISc Bangalore on the basis of BCS degree?
  15. Can I make my career in Astronomy if study B.Sc(Physics)?
  16. Should I have to study B.Sc in Physics to study M.Sc in Astronomy? Does Bachelor's Degree in Astronomy available in Mumbai?
  17. What is good for me after BSc in Astronomy? What is the eligibility?
  18. List of institutes which offer B.Sc(Astronomy) in Uttar Pradesh? Eligibility to study for 12th student?
7th February 2016, 10:44 PM
kantraman

Default Re: Best path to follow to make a career in Astronomy? Best competitive exam for admission in M.Sc Astronomy?

Actually doing graduation in PCM is the best path to make future in astronomy.The admission in M.Sc in astronomy is based upon the common entrance exam conducted by particular university.
8th February 2016, 11:52 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Best path to follow to make a career in Astronomy? Best competitive exam for admission in M.Sc Astronomy?

Many institutes/universities are offering m.sc in astronomy course. For that , one must have to clear entrance exam for admission.

Entrance Exam For M.sc Astronomy
- Bangalore University Entrance Exam
- Birla Institute of Technology - BITSAT Entrance Exam
- Cochin University of Science and Technology Entrance Exam
- Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University Entrance Exam
- Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh) Combined Research Entrance Exam
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics Entrance Exam
- Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (I.U.C.A.A.), Pune (Maharashtra)
- JNTU College of Engineering Entrance Exam
- Madurai Kamaraj University Entrance Exam
- Mahatma Gandhi University Entrance Exam
- Osmania University Entrance Exam
- Patiala University Entrance Exam
- Physical Research Laboratory (PRL) All India Common Medical Entrance Test
- Punjabi University Entrance Exam
- Raman Research Institute Joint Entrance Screening Test

Astronomy Specialization
-Astrochemistry
- Astrogeology
- Astrobiology
- Astrophysics
- Astrometry
16th February 2017, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

I'm in class 8 and I want to became an astronomer so what I have to do after 12 ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?