27th February 2019, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Is Biology compulsory for getting admission in B.Tech Biotechnology?

Sir, for B.Tech (Biotechnology) degree course Biology subject is compulsory in (10+2). Actually I am a non medical student 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry. Can I get admission in any colleges to study B.Tech (Biotechnology)? Is there any entrance which I need to write?

1st March 2019, 10:27 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Biology compulsory for getting admission in B.Tech Biotechnology?

B.Tech. Biotechnology or Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology is an undergraduate Biotechnology course. The basic eligibility required to enter in Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology course is the candidate should have passed 12th class with PCB from a recognized board. As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to get admission in Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology course after completing 12th class with PCM subjects. For the admission of Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology course, you have to appear in the entrance examination like Joint Entrance Examination.
2nd March 2019, 03:40 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Biology compulsory for getting admission in B.Tech Biotechnology?

Biology in 12th is mandatory for admission in B tech biotechnology course.
Maths isn't a compulsory subject for BTech in biotechnology course
2nd March 2019, 05:32 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

As per the Education council, a candidate who is willing to do B.tech in biotechnology need to pass 10+2 with minimum 55% marks. The subjects should be English, Physics, Chemistry and biology or any other life science subject taken together with Physics and Chemistry.
You can do B.tech in other branches other than biotechnology as you have Mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?