10th June 2020, 10:54 AM
Simrat_kaur

Is Biology a mandatory subject for pursuing B.Sc Nursing?

If I pass my 12th class with PCM subject combination and then give Biology on demand exam through NIOS Board then would I'll be eligible for pursuing full time regular B.Sc Nursing degree course?

13th June 2020, 12:36 PM
AancyYohannan
Member+

Default Re: Is Biology a mandatory subject for pursuing B.Sc Nursing?

Hi,
Yes.Biology is a mandatory subject in pursuing B.Sc Nursing. But if you give Biology through NIOS Board then also you will be eligible to do B.Sc nursing.
The Other eligibility criteria for doing B.SC Nursing is as following:
The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
Minimum education: 10+2 class passed with Science (PCB) & English Core/English Elective with aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board.
The entrance exam will be of 100 marks (a single paper).
Candidate should obtain the minimum 50% marks in order to pass the exams.
13th June 2020, 05:58 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The first thing I would like to know is that the minimum education required to pursue B.Sc. in Nursing degree course is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects from a recognised board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th with PCM group, you are not eligible to pursue B.Sc. in Nursing degree course at this stage.

But, once you appear in NIOS on demand examination for Biology then you will become eligible for pursuing B.Sc. in Nursing degree course.
13th June 2020, 08:51 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to get admission in B.Sc Nursing course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in PCB as main paper.

Entrance examination is conducted by various institutions for admission in the course.

So, without having Biology in std 12th not eligible to get admission in the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?