31st July 2012, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

Which Books should I follow for Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability to prepare for Campus Placements?

please help me out for the books to be followed regarding logical reasoning and verbal ability in campus placements?

31st July 2012, 05:30 PM
ab7777

Default Re: Which Books should I follow for Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability to prepare for Campus Placements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
please help me out for the books to be followed regarding logical reasoning and verbal ability in campus placements?

Books for campus placements

Aptitute reasoning:
R.S. Agarwal books.

Verbal test
There are two good books to be referred for english.

1.Objective English by Hari mohan Prasad is good.

2.Objective English by R.S. Agarwal

Make sure you go through these books thoroughly.These will be enough for your success.Good luck
31st July 2012, 09:04 PM
rch91

Default Re: Which Books should I follow for Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability to prepare for Campus Placements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For campus recruitment exams i.e. CRT you have to prepare for written aptitude exam which generally include quantitative aptitude,logical reasoning, verbal and non verbal ability.
For all of the above i think Dr. R.S. Aggarwal would be the best book as it is fully solved and has enough questions for practice.
Side by side solve previous year papers of various companies so that you can have idea of the exam pattern.
31st July 2012, 09:16 PM
karthik.mm
Member+

Dear Friend,

The aptitude test, as the name suggests, tests your aptitude for the job. Most (software) companies test the students in three areas, viz, Verbal Ability, Analytical Ability and Eye for Detail (these names vary from company to company,
but the meaning remains the same, for example a company may call Analytical Ability as Logical Reasoning).
Each company may have it’s own selection criteria, some may select students who have scored more than a pre-determined overall cut-off marks (meaning that the students need not have achieved the cut-off in each section of the test), some may place sectional cut-offs, while some others may simply select the top 100 or 200 students for the next round. In order to pass this round you must possess two qualities – accuracy and speed.

The aptitude test usually has 60 to 80 questions and a duration of 60 to 120 minutes.

The Verbal Ability section tests the candidate’s knowledge of English.
Every Verbal Ability test of every company will have two long comprehension passages followed by questions on those passages.
But fear not, the passages are quite easy. A simple and time-saving technique to tackle such questions is to just read the first line of each paragraph of the passage in order to gain an idea of what each paragraph is talking about.
Then read each question and look for its answer in the paragraph that talks about the subject of the question.
Other questions in the Verbal Ability section may include questions on prepositions, articles, choosing the correct word that would complete a sentence, sentence correction. Here your knowledge of the English language will help.

The Analytical Ability section contains questions on Mathematics (ugh!) and logical reasoning. Many people consider this section to be a piece of cake before taking the test, and they are the ones who do not clear the test.
Only practice can help you get through this section, which includes questions on profit and loss, discounts, venn diagrams, data interpretation, figure-series, data sufficiency, puzzles on classification, seating arrangements, syllogisms and logical deductions. I know that sounds like a lot!
But there a quite a few resources for practice.
If you have taken coaching for CAT, then your CAT study material should suffice for your preparation. For people who do not have the CAT material,
I sincerely suggest that you get a copy of R.S. Agarwal’s Verbal and Non-Verbal Aptitude and Quantitative Aptitude Books. I swear by these. In fact, one of the papers I have written had questions that were given as examples in the R.S. Agarwal books.

The last section, Eye for Detail, has questions that test your concentration skills.
This is, frankly speaking, the easiest section, and you should have no problem getting through it with zero preparation.
This may have questions of the type where you are given 3 large numbers, not unlike mobile recharge codes and asked to identify the identical numbers, perform mathematical problems where the math signs have changed meanings (example, + stands for * and * stands for -).

All The Best
7th March 2013, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

hello.....

i am student of bca 6TH sem. and after bca i do mca so plz give the help for mca enterance exam .

Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?