16th May 2010, 11:39 AM
amita kota

Which branch should I take for engineering if I have interest in Maths and Physics?

Which branch should i take for engineering. That can give me good job. I hav interest in maths and physics.
Please help!

16th May 2010, 05:20 PM
james armstrong

Default Re: Which branch should I take for engineering if I have interest in Maths and Physics?

well you should go for
electronics engg
civil engg
electrical engg
mechanical engg
all these subjects have a great link with physics.

all the best
16th May 2010, 09:10 PM
danish_ejaz

Smile Re: Which branch should I take for engineering if I have interest in Maths and Physics?

Since you are interested in maths and physics you must do Mechanical Engineering and there are lots of scope in this trade
16th May 2010, 09:57 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which branch should I take for engineering if I have interest in Maths and Physics?

dear friend

If you are good in Physics and maths then Mech Enggineering is best
for you. otherwise you will enjoy electrical engineering, If you want to
go to research and develop new processes take chemical engineering.

ok
all the best.
17th May 2010, 02:32 AM
nalanda
Senior Member++

hi friend,
it is very good that you have intrest in math as well as physics...
but in the physics there are different section of the topics...such as
mechanics,electrostate,electricitty....so tell me in which you are more intrested.
but according to me.....mechanical,electrical or electronics will be good for the better carrier and job.
17th May 2010, 10:26 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend,
as you are intrested in physics.....
if you are intrested in mechanics then take mechanical...
if you are intrested in electrostat or electricity then take electrical or electronics...
also these are the very good scope in future...
17th May 2010, 12:52 PM
sanjusays

see only maths and physics do not form a core part of engg....if u like chemistry as well then chemical,polymer engg are gud....wht apart fm these 2 subjects interests you ??
17th May 2010, 02:51 PM
gaurav goel

dear,it not matters in engineering......but still you can opt for CS and IT........

THANK U
11th June 2010, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

which branch is best among IT and C.S.E. many people advised that both are having same job security and high scale payment. but i am very confused when i have gone through some websites which show the closing ranks of some colleges. for ex. in MGIT closing ranks for IT is 23992 and for cse 14222. please tell me which is best among them .
12th June 2010, 06:47 PM
sanket mathur

Well mechanical ,electrical and electronics are branches you can opt for.
2nd July 2010, 08:06 PM
Hitha Nanjappa

well... mechanical and civil are the basic engg branches and deals wit purely Maths and Physics..!!
3rd July 2010, 11:46 AM
vanshu

Thumbs up Re: Which branch should I take for engineering if I have interest in Maths and Physics?

Electronics
Civil
Mehanical
All these branches have good use of physics and maths in their subjects
3rd July 2010, 04:31 PM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
Originally Posted by amita kota View Post
Which branch should i take for engineering. That can give me good job. I hav interest in maths and physics.
Please help!
Dear Amita if you have interest in Maths and Physics then best branch is "Electronics Engg."or "Electrical and Electronics Engg."As there are lot of government services which you can apply for by taking these branch.
3rd July 2010, 11:59 PM
vanshu sharma

electronics
civil
mechanical
all these branches equally apply maths & phusics
4th July 2010, 12:09 AM
siddharthkathuria

Smile Re: Which branch should I take for engineering if I have interest in Maths and Physics?

hi friend,
according to me you should go for the following branches as per your interest and placement opportunities

ece
mech.
electronics
civil

all the best
4th July 2010, 12:38 AM
mathursaab

You can opt for mechanical, electronics and electrical.
4th July 2010, 01:36 AM
atul_sus

hello friend if you excellent numerical skills in physics take production and industrial engineering it has wide scope or else opt for mechanical evergreen as ever by decades .......
4th July 2010, 08:00 AM
gohan4

If you have keen interest in maths and physics you surely go for Electronics and communication or Electronics and electrical
4th July 2010, 02:37 PM
bhubaneshwari

Dear friend,
Whichever stream you take, you will not miss maths or physics. Since these two subjects interest you, you will find mechanical, electrical or civil engineering very interesting.
All the best!!
4th July 2010, 05:57 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which branch should I take for engineering if I have interest in Maths and Physics?

dear friend

maths and physics both are very important for an engineering student.

u can take any of these streams

1.mechanical

2.electrical

3.civil

4.mining

5.computer science

6.electronics and communication.

7.information technology

and many more streams are there u can choose any one of them as per your interest.

all the best.
5th July 2010, 05:35 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Hi, Interested in physics and maths. Need good job.

Can consider Engineering subjects like

Aeronautical Engg.,
Electronics and Instrumentation Engg.,
Electronics and Electrical Engg.,
Electronics and Communication Engg.,
Mechanical Engg.,
Automobile Engg.,
Civi Engg.,

Others Degree Studies include,

Robotics,
Applied physics and mathematics,
Operations research,
Atomic and Molecular Quantum Dynamics,
Nanoscience,
Theoretical Physics and Mathematics,
Astro physics,
Humanities, Social Sciences and Law,
Nano technology

etc..,
All the Best.
6th July 2010, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

this is kalyani which branch of b-tech i must opt if am interested in physics chemistry and biology
6th July 2010, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

good afternoon sir i am very much interested in physics and a little bit in maths too so what do you suggest me which engineering branch should i opt for which has high scale payment as well as job security?
10th July 2010, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Question Re: Which branch should I take for engineering if I have interest in Maths and Physics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
good afternoon sir i am very much interested in physics and a little bit in maths too so what do you suggest me which engineering branch should i opt for which has high scale payment as well as job security?
the options that i have includes:
1)e&c
2)cs
3)electrical
4)civil
5)mechanical
6)it
7)applied electronics and instrumentation

i am very much confused because i dont want any beaten track?
29th July 2010, 02:45 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
You can take any one of the following course Electronics Engineering,Electrical Engineering,Mechanical Engineering,Civil Engineering .

These all includes the subjects on which you have the interest.So opt for any one of then and go for it.All the best.
31st July 2010, 01:49 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

for getting good job opportunity you should take core branch.

as you are interested in Maths and Physics.so in core field of engineering you will have lots of advantages.

you may take given below brach of engineering

1.civil engineering.

2.mechanical engineering.

3.electrical engineering.

4.electronics & communication engg.

5.instrumental engg.

6.EEE.

all the best......
31st July 2010, 11:12 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
I think you can take Electronics & communication as it involves a major part of physics & maths.
1st August 2010, 12:23 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Please help!
you can take mechanical, electrical or civil. All these are evergreen trades. They will make your future bright.
1st August 2010, 12:38 AM
s.k.singh

dear friend, Your subject interest is very helpful for you in engineering field..
But as per the today's situation of market, you should opt Mechanical, Civil,electrical branch, or any core branch.
kindly go through the counselling.
good luck.
1st August 2010, 12:46 AM
s.k.singh

dear friend, Your subject interest is very helpful for you in engineering field..
But as per the today's situation of market, you should opt Mechanical, Civil,electrical branch, or any core branch.
kindly go through the counselling.
good luck.
1st August 2010, 12:49 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi
the detail are as follow
1.civil engineering.

2.mechanical engineering.

3.electrical engineering.

4.electronics & communication engg.

5.instrumental engg.
3rd August 2010, 08:42 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Lets make one thing clear. Interest in Maths and physics are good upto +2, later on its of no use.
You will have physics only in ur 1st or at most 2nd semester. Thereafter there is no branch in engineering that has physics.
Again Maths, is also limited to the 4th sem of each branch.
So, interest in these subjects is typically useless.
So, its better you lookout for job oriented engg branch, which is as follows:

1.CS
2.ECE
3.Mechanical
4.EEE
5.IT

Good Luck!
4th August 2010, 10:29 AM
rohity821

u should opt for mechanical if u have interst in maths coz in mechanical ther are 46 subjcts out of which 42 are of maths
all the best
4th August 2010, 01:28 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Please help!
Well , this is the thing into whinch you have to counsel yourself, but i can tell your major issues with all branches:
Electronics: Less need of maths (hardly math dominates in 3-4 sub of eng. and same case for physics but whole branch has minor sub related to physics.)
Electrical:-same as above-
Mechanical: Maths has great dominance over the degree, physics's fundamentals are used
IT and Computer: Normal maths and no physics is used only basic understanding is enough.
Civil: Very calculative , no physics.

I think , just taking into consideration that you are good in phy or math , you shouldnt take an engineering branch, instead you have to think that which branch is good for future aspect.
4th August 2010, 07:10 PM
Singh Anurag Atul kumar

if u are good and take interest in mathematics and physics then u can go for mechanics this the best for u if u not interested in mechanics then u can go for eletrical or civil engineering.
4th August 2010, 08:05 PM
Sathishkannan

civil and mechanical engineering is the better choice those who are interested in maths and physics since these two branches hold most of these concepts.
5th August 2010, 02:39 AM
jainlove

Quote:
Please help!
i'll suggest you that go to google & search about engineering, in every branch you will get same interest if you are interested in physics & mathematics, because engineering is an application of basic science.
i'll suggest you either take electronic & telecommunication or mechanical or mining
27th August 2010, 01:55 PM
jainlove

Quote:
Please help!
you can go to any branch in which you can find interest, if you are much interested in math & physics then i will suggest you either Mechanical or ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION
28th August 2010, 01:31 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

All the branches in engineering deal with physics and maths.So you can opt for mechanical, electrical, automobile or civil engineering. Choose the one in which you are interested.
29th August 2010, 12:00 AM
poplu13
Senior Member+

All engineering Branches have application of maths and physics..You can go for Electrical branch as it involves a lot of calculations or you can go for Civil ranch as it has application of measurements etc.
29th August 2010, 12:14 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

maths is required for every engineering discipline.

as you are interested in maths and physics then for you ASTROPHYSICS will be the best option.

also you can do engineering in following branches...

mechanical, electrical, civil, computer science, production etc.

all the best.
29th August 2010, 04:08 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

see,it does not matter, maths and physics are common for all the streams.. so, you can go for any one of the mention streams,

Electronics and communication
Electrical
Mechanical
Civil

all the best..
26th April 2011, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

I'm now candidate for marine engg exam what should i prepare myself to pass an exam succesfully?
3rd June 2011, 06:27 AM
balarmkec

Quote:
Please help!
Mechanical or Civil would be the best courses for you.
In both courses one must be strong in maths and physics.

All the best
28th July 2011, 11:40 PM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

If you are good in Physics and maths then Mech Enggineering is best
for you. otherwise you will enjoy electrical engineering, If you want to
go to research and develop new processes take chemical engineering.

Thanks
30th July 2011, 10:10 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Hi, if you are very much interested in mathematics, then you can choose civil, mechanical. Manufacturing, geo informatics, etc which are more lively and involves good mathematical knowledge.
31st August 2011, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

iam interseted only in maths can u suggest me which is the gud branch?????????
6th December 2011, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

If you absolutely despise chemistry. Dont take chemical engineering
6th December 2011, 02:26 PM
jayparikh

Quote:
Please help!
Hi amit,

actually MATHS and PHYSICS are the basics of all engineering branch and if you are good at these then you can excel in any of the branch.

You can opt for
Mechanical engineering
environmental engineering
electronics engineering
electrical engineering
marine engineering

so , best of luck
28th February 2012, 10:01 AM
drurv

hi friend,
it is very good that you have intrest in math as well as physics...
but in the physics there are different section of the topics...such as
mechanics,electrostate,electricitty....so tell me in which you are more intrested.
but according to me.....mechanical,electrical or electronics will be good for the better carrier and job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?