8th February 2018, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

Can 3 years drop in Engineering affect jobs through Indian Engineering Services (IES)?

I have completed my BE degree in 7 years instead of 4 with low CGPA. Will it affect on my career even if I cleared Engineering Services Examination (ESE)?

11th April 2018, 11:29 PM
sha2nk90

Default Re: Can 3 years drop in Engineering affect jobs through Indian Engineering Services (IES)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my BE degree in 7 years instead of 4 with low CGPA. Will it affect on my career even if I cleared Engineering Services Examination (ESE)?
IES(Indian Engineering Services) is the biggest and toughest exam for Engineering students. Engineering services exam is conductes by UPSC every year for Engineering graduates of various branches. You can appear in the exam if you have a Engineering Degree. There won't be any problem for you to appear in the examination.
Once you clear both stages the pre exam followed by Main Exam and appear in the interview,the Interviewer shall ask you questions regarding the same. So you need to be smart there for giving them a valid answers for the delay in completing the degree and convince them with your answers. If they would be convinced they may give you good mark in interview and if not your marks in interview may be low. But again if you have scored high enough in the written exam and your total marks(written + Interview) exceeds the cutoff,there won't be any problem in getting the job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?