27th September 2019, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Can a B.Sc programme students apply for CDS?

Hi, I am pursuing my B.Sc programme pure. Am I eligible to apply for CDS or not? If yes, then when can I apply? When is the next CDS exam going to be conducted? Last date to apply for it?

30th September 2019, 03:15 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Sc programme students apply for CDS?

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted for recruitment in defence service.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline for OTA and Indian Army.

So, you are eligible for OTA and Indian Army as per your qualification.

Examination is conducted in two stages and you have to qualify in both stages for final selection.

The examination is conducted twice in a year. The upcoming examination will be conducted in month of February next year. To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th September 2019, 03:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CDS examination but after qualifying in examination eligible for Indian Army and OTA only not for Indian Navy.

Examination will be conducted in two stages and candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages for final selection.

The examination is conducted twice in a year. CDS I 2020 will be conducted in February 2020.

To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th September 2019, 07:40 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and to appear in the CDS examination, the minimum education required is a bachelor's degree (whether honors or general) in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor's degree course are also eligible.

So, having completed your B.Sc. programme degree course, you are eligible to apply for CDS as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

As per the UPSC 2020 calendar, the next CDS entrance examination is scheduled to be held on 02.02.2020 and application for the same can be made from 30.10.2019 to 19.11.2019.

For more details and updates regarding CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?