23rd January 2019, 10:08 PM
Rajmalhotra8210

Can diploma holder apply for NDA which is equivalent to 12th?

I am a Diploma holder from Mechanical engineering after 10th. As diploma is equivalent to 12th and I have studied Math's and Physics too (as it is in our diploma course), then why can't I apply for NDA exam?

29th January 2019, 06:17 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can diploma holder apply for NDA which is equivalent to 12th?

NDA refers to National Defence Academy and to join the same one is required to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, the minimum education required to appear in the NDA entrance examination is a higher secondary school degree i.e; Class 12th from a recognised board of education.

So, being a diploma in mechanical engineering degree holder you are not eligible to join NDA as diploma in engineering is not considered equivalent to a regular higher secondary school degree in case of eligibility for NDA entrance examination.

For more details regarding the NDA entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
30th January 2019, 10:04 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

As per eligibility criteria of NDA described by UPSC, you cannot apply for NDA Exam if you haven't studied/qualified 12th standard.

If you have studied 12th from Physics and Mathematics, then you can apply for any wings of NDA i.e. Army, Air Force, Navy.

While if you have studied 12th from Commerce/Arts stream, then you can apply for only Army wing of NDA only.

As you are a Diploma holder, so you cannot apply for NDA exam.
30th January 2019, 09:44 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Diploma qualification is considered as equivalent to 12th board. But in case of National Defence Academy exam, they are not eligible. The academic qualification required for NDA exam is that candidate must have done 12th from a recognized board.

PCM subjects are necessary for NDA exam for Air Force and Navy. The age criteria for exam is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
30th January 2019, 11:28 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

=> As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination on the basis of Diploma course.

=> For the application of NDA, the candidate should have passed 12th class from a recognized board.

=> The age of the applicants must be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
31st January 2019, 06:56 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

No, diploma candidates are not eligible to appear for NDA examination.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted for selection in defence service.

Only candidates who have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board and age is between 16.5-19.5 years are eligible to appear for the examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages.
11th February 2019, 10:24 PM
@sonalikumari
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajmalhotra8210 View Post
I am a Diploma holder from Mechanical engineering after 10th. As diploma is equivalent to 12th and I have studied Math's and Physics too (as it is in our diploma course), then why can't I apply for the NDA exam?
Applying for NDA which is conducted by UPSC requires minimum 12th passed candidates from a recognised board, not a diploma holder.

So you can't apply for NDA.
7th April 2021, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Pls, is jamb consider to apply NDA, What is d cutoff mark?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?