29th September 2018, 09:48 AM
News123

Can I appear in Bank exams after completing Polytechnic Diploma in Information Technology course?

Hello Sir/Madam, I am studying Polytechnic Diploma course in Information Technology. I want to appear in Bank exams. I would like to know that after completing my Diploma course, can I appear in Bank exams?

30th September 2018, 02:20 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in Bank exams after completing Polytechnic Diploma in Information Technology course?

1. The minimum qualification required to apply banking exams is bachelor's degree. Diploma is not sufficient qualification to apply for bank job entrances.

2. You must be graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. After bachelor's degree, you can apply for IBPS PO and Clerk exam.
30th September 2018, 03:34 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I appear in Bank exams after completing Polytechnic Diploma in Information Technology course?

The common minimum qualification to appear in banking entrance examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you will be eligible to appear for examination after pursuing the bachelor course not diploma course. The age limit varies with examination. Candidates also have to qualify in various stages of examination for final selection.
30th September 2018, 04:27 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you have not completed graduation then you are not eligible to appear in any of the bank examinations. After completing Diploma you have o pursue any graduate degree course from a recognized university. Then only you will be eligible to appear in bank examination.

Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from a recognized university.
Candidate must have to score at least 50% to 55% aggregate in graduation.
Candidate age should be under 21 years to 30 years.
For OBC- 32 years and for SC/ST it is 35 years.
30th September 2018, 04:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required to apply for Bank job entrance examination is graduation in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply.

Diploma in IT course candidates can not directly apply for Banking PO entrance examination or clerk exam. You must do degree after diploma to become eligible for banking exam.
30th September 2018, 05:50 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Banking entrance examinations have minimum academic qualification of bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Only graduates can apply for Bank exams.

Diploma candidates need to pursue degree to become applicable for bank entrance exams. The age criteria for PO exam is 20-30 years.
30th September 2018, 05:53 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Diploma is not equivalent to bachelor degree and candidates need minimum bachelor degree qualification to appear in banking recruitment examination.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear in the examination conducted by IBPS and SBI.
30th September 2018, 06:05 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a Diploma in Information technology degree holder which is equivalent to a higher secondary school degree not to a bachelor's degree, you are not eligible for appearing in any bank examination as the minimum education required to appear in the bank examination is a bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, in order to get banking jobs, you are required to first complete your bachelor degree course in your desired subject and then you need to qualify bank examinations such as IBPS bank examination or SBI bank examinations for your recruitment as bank clerk or bank probationary officer across the nationalized banks of India.
30th September 2018, 06:37 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

No.

~~Polytechnic diploma in Information Technology candidates can not apply for Bank job examination for clerk or Probationary officer exam.

~~Qualification required for Bank exam is bachelor's degree at least.

~~You are required to pursue degree in engineering or technology to become eligible for Bank exams.
30th September 2018, 07:19 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

No, candidates with only polytechnic qualification are not eligible to appear in bank examination.

The required qualification to appear in the examination is bachelor degree from a recognised university. So, you need to have the required qualification to appear in examination.
30th September 2018, 08:03 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Polytechnic in Information Technology is not the sufficient qualification to appear in the examination for recruitment in banking examination.

The least qualification to appear in the examination is bachelor degree in any discipline. So one must possess the qualification to appear in examination. Candidate also have to qualify in the entrance examination for appearing in the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?