4th September 2011, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT) after passing Architecture?

Respected sir,
I am the student of architecture studying in final year .
sir can i appear for the civil services aptitude test (CSAT) i dont know about the qualification required for it.

5th September 2011, 08:48 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT) after passing Architecture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir,
sir can i appear for the civil services aptitude test (CSAT) i dont know about the qualification required for it.
CSAT Stands for Civil services Aptitude Test and this examination was Conduced by UPSC Every year, The examination Known As Preliminary examination.

So, Firstly candidates need to cracked the Preliminary examination and then you are eligible to sit in Main examination.

>> But To apply for this examination you need To complete Your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University and Your age should between 21 to 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

>> Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

The Notification of This examination was Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC website In the Month of February every year and Eligible candidates may fill the application form Online By visit the UPSC Official website.

>> So, If you have completed OR Pursuing your Graduation then Yes you are eligible for UPSC CSAT Examination.

>> The Notification of CSAT 2012 examination was Going to be Published soon in the Month of February 2012 i.e. on 04/Feb/2012.

So, Please check the UPSC website For complete Information about Civil Services examination.

http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 101 views)
5th September 2011, 09:13 PM
malek basit

Thumbs down Re: Can I appear Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT) after passing Architecture?

Hello, friends...

According to UPSC guidelines, graduates in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for the civil service examinations.
So a Computer Science graduate is eligible.

More on eligibility:

21-30 years as on 1st August of the year of Examination.

No.Of Attempts:

A candidate is eligible for only 4 attempts at the exam.
OBC candidates are allowed 7 attempts.
No restriction on the number of attempts for SC/ST candidates.

thaxxxxxxx for submit threads...
6th September 2011, 01:37 AM
goutam1222

Default Re: Can I appear Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT) after passing Architecture?

you need not to wait to passout,there is a provision that final year students can also apear in the test. so just fillup the form and get ready for the exam.
Best of luck.
6th September 2011, 02:18 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, you can appear in Civil service aptitude test during the final year of your graduation in Architecture..

Eligibility criteria to appear in CSAT:-

*The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.
*The candidate can also appear in CSAT exam during the final year of graduation..
*The candidate must not have any pending backlogs during graduation.
*The age should be in between 21-30 years..
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years..

So, if you fulfill all these criteria then you can appear in CSAT exam..

All the best.
16th September 2011, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

can a architect can write indian civil service exam
18th September 2011, 02:37 AM
praveendia

as u had completed the graduation ur eligible for but choose wisly the subject.best of luck
18th September 2011, 02:30 PM
kalu21

Dear sir,
The varsity too, happy with the response, is also planning to start ..... One is a 60-acre plot in Howrah, while the other is a 40-acre plot near the existing ..... The first batch will have 60 students a stream. Once the courses are ..... I am still trying to figure out what the government means by "world class". ...
Thanks,
9th December 2011, 07:14 PM
tariqlko01

Yes my friend,you are eligible to write CSAT even if you have a graduation in the field of Architecture . As per the guidelines given by UPSC ,you need to have graduation degree in any discipline.
So study hard and prepare nicely for IAS as its the toughest exam in India.
GOOD LUCK.
9th December 2011, 09:38 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
for admitting the aspirants to the Indian administrative service the exam is conducted by the union public service commission. The aspirants should have certain basic requirement for appearing in the exam.
1. The aspirant should have completed bachelor degree in any discipline. There is no restriction in the degree course . Final year aspirant are also eligible to appear.
As you have completed your degree you are eligible to appear for the exam. You need to satisfy few more eligibility namely your age criteria.
The age required for applying is 21. The aspirant can apply upto a age of 30 . For bc, mbc aspirant the age is relaxed to 33, for sc and st the age limit is 35.
But remember that you can apply only limited times. For general category the number of attempts is 4, for bc and mbc category it is 7. There is no restriction on the number of attempts for sc and st aspirants .
Those who clear the common aptitude exam are eligible to appear for the main exam qualifying which they will be called for personnel interview
9th December 2011, 10:51 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Respected sir,
Dear Friend,
The civil service aptitude test examination is conducted by the UPSC every year.The examination is conducted for various posts in the central govt.
The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for the civil service examination is that the candidate should be a graduate in any stream form a recognized institute and the age of the candidate should be between 21 years to 30 years.
Age relaxation of 3 years and 5 years is given to OBC and SC/ST candidates respectively.

As you are not a graduate yet you are not eligible to apply for the examination. However you can apply for the examination after passing B.Arch course.

Best Wishes..
10th December 2011, 01:34 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I appear Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT) after passing Architecture?

Quote:
Respected sir,

Eligibility Criteria For CSAT

CSAT also known as the Prelims of the Civil Service Exams is conducted by the UPSC every year..

For appearing in CSAT..a candidate must fulfill the following minimum criterion :-

1) You should be a graduate from a recognized University or a final year graduation student in any stream..

2) You should be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts for the general candidates is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

The CSAT shall consist of questions which will test your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude skills..

The forms for the next Civil Service Exams are going to be released 4th February,2012 and the last date for form submission is 5th March,2012..

The CSAT exam shall take place on 20th May,2012

The Mains shall be conducted on 5th October,2012..

For any further details on the exam..just visit the official website of UPSC which is http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
10th December 2011, 06:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected sir,

If You are graduate then you are eligible for CSAT (civil services aptitude test) exam.

DETAILS ABOUT CIVIL SERVICE EXAM

Civil service exam exam conducted by UPSC.There is no marks criteria.Only graduate are applicable for you.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 27 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 30 years
For SC/ST category candidates age should be between 21 to 35 years.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates

SYLLABUS FOR CIVIL SERVICE EXAM.

(Paper 1) (200 marks) - Duration : Two hrs.
  • Current events of national and international importance
  • History of India and Indian national movement
  • Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
  • Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
  • Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
  • General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that donot require subject specialization
  • General science.
(Paper II) (200 marks) – Duration : Two hrs
  • Comprehension
  • Interpersonal skills including communication skills
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision making and problem solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
  • English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
  • Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
For more details & updated information visit www.upsc.gov.in
1st February 2012, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

please please suggest me the subjects I should choose the most suitable for an architect I yet have 4 years to complete my B. Arc.
29th April 2012, 01:54 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

YES, you can apply in your final year or after completion of your graduation degree from any stream.

Detail Eligibility Criteria:-

- You must be Indian citizen.

- You must have completed your graduation from recognized university.

- A candidate who have completed his/her graduation from technical / profession courses are also eligible to apply.

- Final year candidate can also eligible to apply for this exam.

- Only passing mark is required .

- Your age must not be less than 21 years & must not be greater than 30 years.

- Upper age relaxation is available for SC/ST, O.B.C candidates.

- For SC/ST- 5 years of age relaxation is available.

- For O.B.C.- 3 years of age relaxation is available.

- Candidate must be physically fit.

- Number of attempts is 4 for open category, 7 for O.B.C. category, unlimited for SC/ST candidates.
25th June 2012, 07:23 PM
Paras Gopani

HEY,,,

the eligibility for civil service exams is as follows
-age limit-general-21 to 30
sc/st-5 yrs relaxation
obc-3 yr relaxtion

GUD LUCK
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?