24th January 2013, 01:01 PM
gurdeep 4076

Can I appear for IAS exam after doing BSc IT from Karnataka State Open University

dear sir,
i have done BSCIT from karnatka state open university from punjab.
can i appear in Ias exam

27th January 2013, 09:56 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS exam after doing BSc IT from Karnataka State Open University

Hi friend,
Yes you can appear for the IAS exam being a pass out from the open university. The only condition is that you should be a citizen of india, being a graduate from any recognized university of india and your age should be in between 21-30 years of age.
The number of attempts that you will get during 21-30 years are 4.
The relaxation in age of 3 and 5 years respectively is provided to the people belong to the obc and sc/st candidates respectively.
There are 7 attempts for the obc candidates and no restrictioin is there for the people belonging to the sc/st category.
Gud ;luck
27th January 2013, 09:57 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS exam after doing BSc IT from Karnataka State Open University

Hi friend,
Yes you can appear for the IAS exam being a pass out from the open university. The only condition is that you should be a citizen of india, being a graduate from any recognized university of india and your age should be in between 21-30 years of age.
The number of attempts that you will get during 21-30 years are 4.
The relaxation in age of 3 and 5 years respectively is provided to the people belong to the obc and sc/st candidates respectively.
There are 7 attempts for the obc candidates and no restrictioin is there for the people belonging to the sc/st category.
Gud ;luck
28th January 2013, 12:41 PM
RAVIKANT JANGIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurdeep 4076 View Post
dear sir,
can i appear in Ias exam
Helo,

Why not!! You are eligible to apply for CSE.

As you are graduate already, then whats the problem??

Check these guidelines-

# you should be a citizen of india

# a graduate from any recognized university of india

# your age should be in between 21-30 years of age.

# The number of attempts that you will get during 21-30 years are 4.
(The relaxation in age of 3 and 5 years respectively is provided to the people belong to the obc and sc/st candidates respectively.)
28th January 2013, 07:13 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Oh shore you are eligiblo for IAS(Indian Administrative Service) exam this exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) this exam conducted only once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:-

The candidate should be complete graduation or any equivalent bachelors from any recognised university.

The candidate must be a citizen of india.

Percentage is not required for this exam.

Age limits details:-

For General candidates--> 21 to 30years,

For OBC candidates--> 21 to 33years,

For SC/ST candidates--> 21 to 35 years.

Selection process:-

Preliminary examination,

Mains examination,

Personal interview.

Number of attempts:-

4 times for General candidates,

7 times for OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

Pattern of exam:-

Optional subjects:-

For more details CLICK HERE

All the best
28th January 2013, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurdeep 4076 View Post
dear sir,
can i appear in Ias exam
Yes,of course you can able to do IAS after your degree.But you must prepare well for your IAS exam by knowing the current incidents and reading G.K books,history books etc..,
22nd April 2013, 09:43 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

This exam is one of the Indian Civil Service exam of India conducted by UPSC every year.This exam is conducted for candidate to join in as a IAS officer.

This exam selects candidates through 3 stages namely:

Preliminary Exam
Main Exam
Interview

For writing this exam the candidate must satisfy the eligibility criteria framed for this exam and they may include such as:

Eligibility for IAS:

>> Candidate must be a citizen of India

>> The age limits for the exam is that the candidates must have a age limit of 21-30 years.

For SC/ST candidates it is 35 years.

For OBC candidates it is 33 years.

For Ex-service men it is 5 years exception

>> The education Qualification for the exam is that the candidates must have a degree from a recognized university in any discipline.

>> Final year candidates can also apply for this exam.

Regarding your qualification you can apply for the exam as per the education qualification,check whether you satisfy the other criteria's also.

For more information regarding the IAS exam you can check at the official site of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?