1st May 2018, 05:47 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in IAS exam being a BCom(Computer Application) student?

Hello friends, I am a student of BCom with Computer Application. I am interested to become an IAS Officer. I know that it is not a cup of cake. So, I would like to know that with this Degree I can appear in IAS exam?

26th May 2018, 02:20 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in IAS exam being a BCom(Computer Application) student?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in IAS Examination after successful completion of B.Com in Computer Application course. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is as follows.

>> You must have to appear in Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in order to be eligible.

>> For appearing in CSAT Examination, candidates must have completed their Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As you are done with B.Com in Computer Application which is a Graduate Degree, I can say that you are certainly eligible to apply. The minimum age required is 21 years and maximum age should not exceed 30 years and there will be relaxation applicable for reserved category candidates.

Click here for More Details
26th May 2018, 08:17 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in IAS exam being a BCom(Computer Application) student?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in IAS examination after completion of your B.Com (Computer Applications). Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university and those who are in the age range of 21 to 32 years are eligible to apply for IAS examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
27th May 2018, 11:30 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for IAS exam (Civil Services Exam).

To be eligible for IAS exam, candidate must have completed graduation (like B.Com, B.Tech, B.Sc., B.A., B.Pharma, etc.) in any field from a recognized college/institute.

Also, if a candidate is in final year of graduation, then also he/she is eligible for applying to Civil Services Examination.

There will three stages to qualify Civil Services Exam:-
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview
27th May 2018, 02:57 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment as an officer you have to appear and qualify for Civil Service examination.

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify for final selection.

You are eligible to appear for examination as the required eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

The age limit is 21-32 years, relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

For more details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?