17th November 2015, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in IES 2016 exam in 3rd year of engineering?

Can I appear in IES 2016 exam in 3rd year of engineering? Someone please do inform me that whether I Can appear in IES 2016 exam in 3rd year of engineering?

17th November 2015, 05:35 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear in IES 2016 exam in 3rd year of engineering?

IES stands for the Indian Engineering Services. This exam is conducted by the UPSC for the engineering graduates.

Candidates who have done bachelor's degree in any stream of engineering are eligible to apply for the exam. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

You can not apply for the Indian Engineering Services while pursuing third year of engineering.
17th November 2015, 06:01 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For Indian Engineering Services 2016 exam:

~~Candidates who have completed bachelor's degree in engineering or technology are eligible to apply.

~~Those who are in final year of engineering can also apply for the exam.

But candidates studying in third year of engineering are not eligible for 2016 IES exam, you can appear for the 2017 IES exam.
17th November 2015, 08:17 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, You cannot appear in IES exam in 3rd year of Engineering.

You have to first complete your degree, then only you can appear with at least 50% marks from recognized university.
You can also appear in IES exam in the fourth year.
17th November 2015, 12:44 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I appear in IES 2016 exam in 3rd year of engineering? Someone please do inform me that whether I Can appear in IES 2016 exam in 3rd year of engineering?
No third year students are not eligible to sit for the IES Exam. But in the fourth year or final year of college you most definitely can. So your target should be IES exam 2017.

IES Exam Eligibility Criteria:-
  • If you have a four year B.Tech degree can apply for this exam.
  • If you have an M.Sc degree in areas like electronics, radio physics, radio engineering or wireless communication then also you can apply for this exam.
Age Limit: 21-30 years.

Upper age limit relaxation is provided to candidates as follows:
  • OBC Candidates: 3 years
  • SC/ST Candidates: 5 years
  • PWD Candidates : 10 years
The exam pattern consists of objective as well as descriptive questions. There is one paper on General Ability test and the entire technical subject is divided into four papers.
17th November 2015, 03:57 PM
maakaladla

Eligibility:
Candidate must either a citizen of India or A subject of Nepal or a Subject of Bhutan.
Candidate must attain the age of 21 years and must not be above 30 years.

Qualification required:
A degree in Engineering from a university incorporated by an Act of central or State legislature in India.
Final year engineering candidate can also applied for this examination.

Paper pattern:
Part I- Written examination.
The written examination comprise of Two section:
Section I-consist of only Objective type Question.
Section II-consist of Conventional paper
Both section will cover the entire syllabus of the relevant engineering discipline
17th November 2015, 04:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for the Indian Engineering Services examination:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university. Final year candidates are also applicable for the examination.

>>The age limit for the exam is 21-30 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

Candidates pursuing third year of engineering are not eligible for the IES 2016.
17th November 2015, 10:19 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service examination .No you are not eligible for this exam in 3rd year of Engineering .You will have to weight for 1 year more.

Eligibility Criteria:- You should have completed engineering degree in civil/Mechanical/electrical/electronics .Final year students can also apply.

Age limit:- Age should be in between 21 to 30 years.Age relaxation is given to OBC candidates is 3 years & for SC candidates is 5 years.

Exam Pattern:- Preliminary Exam
Mains Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?