24th July 2019, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for Intermediate's Mathematics exams under CBSE or NIOS Board as a private candidate?

I have passed 12th from Science stream with subject combination of PCB under CBSE Board curriculum in the year 2018. Am I eligible to appear and write the Mathematics paper only either from CBSE Board or NIOS Board? If yes, then when and how should I apply?

19th June 2023, 09:32 AM
eduking

Default Re: Can I appear for Intermediate's Mathematics exams under CBSE or NIOS Board as a private candidate?

No, it is not possible to add subjects through private or open schooling in CBSE or NIOS after passing the board exam. The subjects are chosen by the student during registration and they can't be modified later after passing the board exams.

In case you want to add mathematics, then you need to start fresh to apply for registration and study all the subjects again in private or open schooling mode.
30th June 2023, 10:05 PM
Chandanguriya
Banned

Default Re: Can I appear for Intermediate's Mathematics exams under CBSE or NIOS Board as a private candidate?

Yes, you are eligible to appear and write the Mathematics paper even if you have completed your 12th standard with a Science stream and subject combination of PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology). You can choose to appear for the Mathematics paper from either the CBSE Board or the NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) Board.

To apply for the Mathematics paper, you have a couple of options:

1. CBSE Board:
a. Private Candidate: As you have completed your 12th standard from the CBSE Board, you can apply as a private candidate to appear for the Mathematics paper. Private candidates are individuals who are not affiliated with any school or institution. You can contact the CBSE Board or visit their official website (www.cbse.nic.in) to gather information about the application process, registration fees, and the specific examination schedule. The CBSE Board usually conducts examinations in March/April for private candidates.

2. NIOS Board:
a. Register with NIOS: If you prefer to appear for the Mathematics paper through the NIOS Board, you need to register as a student with the NIOS. Visit the NIOS official website (www.nios.ac.in) to obtain information about registration procedures, fees, and the examination schedule.
b. Choose Mathematics Subject: During the registration process, select Mathematics as the subject you want to appear for in the examination.

Both the CBSE Board and NIOS Board conduct examinations on specific dates, usually in the months of March/April or October/November. It is important to check the official websites of the respective boards or contact their helpline for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the application process, registration dates, fees, and examination schedule.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?